PDA

View Full Version : Another Thursday

Blondie
November 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Hello to everyone this Thursday!

Not much to say this morning; still in slow mode after the shopping trip with Moms yesterday. She puts new light on the saying shop til you drop. Neither Sis or I inherited that particular gene. I am normally the kind of gal that goes into a store with a purpose and get out quickly. I do not like being in crowds of folks and that includes traffic. We've been having an attitude of party time on The Hill all week. Still, it was a very fun day, just feel like I've been run over by a truck.

I just put my digital camera in my purse so I can take pics of 7 little bassie pups this afternoon. Oh, I can hardly wait to pick puppies up and smell their puppy breath. Okay, that sounded weird I am certain. Babies of any kind are really special. And here right this minute, Gracie is sitting in my lap, giving me lots of chi chi loving. Boy Howdy, will she be in for a surprise if this goes through.

Some regular folks on the line up for today. My lady who had the mini stroke last week came in on Saturday morning, so unless anything is off, she will be in the salon today.

Take a moment today to remember all our quilty sisters who have need of some extra love. All those in need, please know you are all being held very closely in this Carolina girl's heart and prayers.

Now, SMILE everyone. Here's some reasons to smile:
http://nogginupgrade.com/2011/02/be-in-a-good-mood-all-the-time/

Loonwatcher
November 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Good Morning.

Blondie - Glad you had a good day with Mom and Sis. I can't shop all day anymore either. Found that out last weekend on our shopping trip to new hampshire. But now most of my Christmas shopping is done and I won't have to face the crowds later. Just need to get my sewing done.

Nothing special for me today. Our great weather is going away and rain coming in. getting cold again. Tonight we are going to visit DH's close friend in the hospital. He has a colitis for years and final had some surgery (colostomy). But it leaked inside and the bacteria moved to his brain causing about 4-5 "tumors". He's had brain surgery twice in the last week to drain the largest as the IV antibiotics weren't enough. Has left side motor loss and can't remember where he worked. It's so sad. This man, although not blood, was like a brother to DH when growing up so it's like having an immediate family member going through this. it's wait and see what happens now and hope the antibiotics work. Also that, once the tumors reduce in size, his brain function will return. At least no one has mentioned the "C" word. Any growth that doesn't belong in the body is called a tumor but a tumor is not necessarily cancer. Please pray for him.

Have a great day,

Monique
November 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Blondie glad your shopping went well and yes it it tireing.

Nancy, prayers for your close friend's recovery.

Well I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday. Laundry. One of my neighbours called and said she had 16 boxes of fabric for quilting. I was pretty excited at first. Picked them up. This lady was of the old school and quilted with anything she could find. I did keep some stuff but the rest will be donated to the church nearly new sale today.

Have to make sandwiches for tomorrow's Remembrance Day services so I need to pick up supplies and a few groceries. Will try to get some quilting done this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Prayers going out to those who need them, birthday wishes for those having birthdays and won't tell us, anniversary wishes, and any other greetings that may be needed.

ginampls
November 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
i amwell, but my friend oodes died...she died on sundy i learned of this on her facebook page...he son did not call me. it is weird. Annette was 46. she had many health health problems. dibeates. plaque in arteries. neuroposy of the legs. her death is sad but also a blessing.

KiltedQuilter
November 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I like the smiley link Blondie, I remember reading somewhere that your brain can't tell between a fake smile and a real smile so when you smile ANY kind of smile you automatically feel happier(summat to do with the happy drugs in the brain)! cool huh?!

My parents are visiting this afternoon(on the way home from a holiday up in the Perthshire Highlands (http://www.exploreperthshire.co.uk/)....love it there.

ps. no, I don't work for the Scottish Tourist Board! :D

meemeecyn
November 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Blondie....hope you have a chance to recharge soon. You are a very hard worker and your clients are so lucky to have you! Those Bassie eyes will fill your soul, I am sure! Thoughts and prayers go out to Martha today as she heads out to California at this difficult time. Nancy, prayers for your DH's friend. Sometimes a nonrelated person can be closer to us than a blood relative. Sorry to hear about your friend, Gina. That must have been an awful way to get the news.

Today and tomorrow are the last 2 final days before our hospital Craft Fair so there are lots of last minute things to do. Yesterday I baked up a storm and the house still smells wonderful from it. Now, to just stop 'testing' the products!

Take care everyone. Hugs for all of you and double hugs for those that need them the most.
Cynthia

mianmom
November 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Well today is my mri. Hoping they wiil find some thing to take care, its been giving me problems again.

Blondie good luck with the puppies! Love puppie they are just so much fun!

Nancy sorry about DH friend, prayers for all of you.

Have a great day!

Kizzie
November 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Hello lovely's

I'm so happy - my mum sent me an email last night (due to timezones) and told me that Stepdad Phil has had a test come back that shows he doesnt need a transplant... not getting hopes up yet but thinking positive - this is a great start - I didnt get too much infomation but this must mean he is responding to chemo and transfusions well!! - He also has a craving for peanut butter??? ahah

Anyways I actually got on my machine yesterday waaaahoooo and finished my FIRST table runner (well apart from binding lol!!! :) hoorah!! Check my Korner for pics!!! :)

I hope everyone is doing well I can feel its going to be a great day today although outside doesnt seem to agree!!

KiltedQuilter
November 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Good news Kizzie!

I like your photos, that's the kind of day we call DREICH, gloomy, kind of dull, grey day, with/or without precipitation!(let's face it more WITH than without, here in the UK!)

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2011, 12:14 PM
It is a time for prayers and hugs. So many in need of comfort. I'm sending all my best today to those in need.

Off to take DGD#1 to work (she only works 2 hours today) so will spend some time in the Thrift Store and see if I can find anything Blondie's mother missed.

Have my cat blocks all done (machine applique) - sewing button eyes on and they will be so special. Hopefully I can get all that done this afternoon.

Not much else to report. I'm going to say a few special prayers and then try to enjoy my day.

Genny
November 10th, 2011, 12:31 PM
You know what the best thing about Thursdays is...its that tomorrow is FRIDAY...and the weekend is almost here...yessssss
My grandaughter is having a jewelry party this weekend and even though I probably should attend it I'll probably skip out. I'm not much into jewelry, I'd rather wear a quilt wrapped around me then a diamond necklace around my neck. My husband really seems to appreciate this...

HandsOffItsMine
November 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Aloha all,

Early wake up call at 5, just couldn't sleep any more. Prayers for Martha and her Mom, Nancy/DH's close family friend (remember, you get to pick your friends), and all other who are in need.

The folks landed on Tuesday in LA and saw the daughther and her family. They'll meet up again today in Marina Del Rey for a day of fun. Then fly out tomorrow to Oahu...which means I need to get the final crap done like groceries, cleaning, etc.

Picking them up will be a challenge as it is APECs week as we have road closures in Waikiki to our neck of the woods. And the world leaders are starting to come in today through tomorrow. Wonder if Don and I can fake them into believing we represent one of the 21 Asian Pacific nations as we pick up a 5'11" white woman and 6'2" white man from the Honolulu airport. Sandy! I need you to help me cook up a plan!!!

Have a great day all. Huggers, Ruby

cyndiofthevortex
November 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I wish I had something interesting to report so you could all say, "Boy, Cyndi sure has an exciting life!" But no, today I am babysititng the DGSs and enjoying a gray-sky day. Goodbye, temps in the 60's and hello normal November weather.

I finished quilting a wild pinwheel quilt and will try to bind it while the kids play cars under the kitchen table. I have tried to change my very bad attitude about binding and have decided to use it as a time to pray instead of my inner complaining. And there is much to pray about today, isn't there? Praise for life and family, thanks for all the good things in my days, and for comfort and peace for all who are in sorrow and grief and sickness.

I guess the tranquility of a pleasant uneventful day is better than an exciting one. Here comes the rain and I am well!

Cyndi

Blondie
November 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Ladies
Just got in from visiting puppylandia. All I can say is the lady who has them has a heart of gold. Here's the scoop. Several weeks back she noticed this dog in the road in front of her house, just sitting in the road. She got her attention so she wouldn't get hit and put some food out for her. She said she looked so very sad (don't all bassies?) but even sadder than any dog should be. She didn't know she was pregnant. She posted pictures and signs up saying she had found a female basset hound, the area, and etc. A few days later she heard a commotion and went out to see what was up. 9 puppies later she realized why the momma (she has named Bessie) was so sad. She had a big job ahead! No one has ever claimed the Momma dog and she is ever so sweet. A very good momma and those pups are adorable. Only 3 weeks old, they are all snuggled up in a puppy pile. I was going to just surprise hubs with one but after seeing them and discussing with Sis, I think I will have to take him with me and let him decide. Or let the pup decide. They still have several weeks to go but oh dear girls, I was in heaven with those sweet little lumps. The lady needs to find a home for the Momma dog as well. She already has several other dogs. I would hate to see her go to the pound. She is such a pretty girl and being a Bassie, she is very sweet and loving. I am wondering if she would be good for my Mom. Not sure about that one but it's a thought.
11023 momma dog was camera shy
11024 puppy pile
11025 sleepy puppy

Gina, I am sorry to read of the loss of your friend. We all so very often take good health for granted - at any age, and she was quite young. Hugs to you.

Cyndi, I settle for a boring life any day. I can take only so much excitement, hahaha. You enjoy the DGS and find the silver lining in the gray sky outside. It is cold, drizzly here as well.

Nancy, prayers for your friend. I have a few very intimate friends that I don't think I could be without. God is good to have you and hubs for him.

Okay ladies, off to see what mischief I can stir up.

KiltedQuilter
November 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I wanna puppy! Ship one over to me BLONDIE puh leeeeeeese?! :D

ps. it beggars belief that people just either A) don't care for or B) look for their animals when lost.... :( poor mamma dog!

stitching woman
November 10th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Those puppy's are so cute! Hard to pick just one. I too hope she can find good homes for all of them even momma.

Hugs and prayers for all that need them. After reading this I see there are a lot in need and my heart goes out to all. Keep a smile threw the tough times and keep the good Lord in your hearts and you will come out on top.

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Picking them up will be a challenge as it is APECs week as we have road closures in Waikiki to our neck of the woods. And the world leaders are starting to come in today through tomorrow. Wonder if Don and I can fake them into believing we represent one of the 21 Asian Pacific nations as we pick up a 5'11" white woman and 6'2" white man from the Honolulu airport. Sandy! I need you to help me cook up a plan!!!

Have a great day all. Huggers, Ruby

Quick, have your MIL dress in black and pull her skirt from the back up over her head (underwear optional). Have your FIL wrap himself in a white sheet, throw an Italian table cloth over his head and hold it in place with a fan belt. We got through all kinds of customs checks like that.

toggpine
November 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Bwhahahahaha! Sandy! You crack me up!

I am sad to hear about so many with family who are ill. I'll add them to my list of prayers too. It is so hard to let them go.

Blondie, I am sure LL will fall in love with the perfect one for him. After all, he picked you didn't he?

I have a few small things to knock out today, then I can get on to the next bigger project. I cleared off a stack of paperwork from the end of the cutting table yesterday. Some of that stuff had been there for over a year! Amazing how I can work around things like that. I guess I hadn't need the whole table until now!

I think I need to whip up a batch of gingersnaps and a few loaves of pumpkin bread. I am sure I don't need the calories, but the smell in the house is sooo wonderful.

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

HandsOffItsMine
November 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Quick, have your MIL dress in black and pull her skirt from the back up over her head (underwear optional). Have your FIL wrap himself in a white sheet, throw an Italian table cloth over his head and hold it in place with a fan belt. We got through all kinds of customs checks like that.

Oh dear, you have me in stitches! Now we're talking about my Dad and Step-Mother. My dad might be crazy enough to go for it, especially if he knows it would embarrass "me" (not likely anymore). DSM...she would die from embarrassment. DH and I would have a grand old laugh! You just crack me up!

DH thinks you're nuts, but he that's what he thinks of my humor......

HandsOffItsMine
November 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Blondie, the pups are adorable. Mommie did a great job with those 9 pups. WOW. Luscious will have a hard time picking out a pup, like you said, the pup will probably come to him. DH and I think Mama for Mama would be a wonderful idea. His Mom is 92 and her animals are part of what keep her going. Nothing like a warm, snuggling body leaning against her to make her feel loved...especially in the evenings and early mornings.

Have fun picking the pup, Ruby

janluna
November 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Gina, I am so sorry about Annette! She was such a good friend to you. Saying prayers for you, Abbey, and Annette's family.
Nancy, Prayers for you and your DH too. And prayers for your friend.
Love you Sandy! I wish I could come up with stuff as quick as you! LOL
Blondie, I would check with Mom first, but a dog is a good idea for her. My birds and dogs have always kept me from being depressed and they need me. Can't wait to see which pup LL takes. I wish I could take one but it's too soon for us after Smokey.
Love and hugs and prayers to all, Jan L.