PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Eve

Ginny B
November 25th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone. Haven't been here for a few days because of my cousins wake and funeral so I have been doing some quick catching up here. I already have 2 guests here- ds #1 and granddog Boo. Boo and I had a nice morning walk this morning. I enjoyed being out in the crisp, quiet early morning. Tonight ds #2 will arrive and then tomorrow we will enjoy our Thanksgiving with a cousin or two, my sis and her bf Larry.

Right now it's time to get organized in the kitchen and start on some baking and veggie dish prep and also roast the extra turkey breast. Everyone likes white meat for leftovers and sandwiches so we need extra.

Have a wonderful day and a Happy Thanksgiving all.

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Good Thanksgiving Eve, Yes it's time to do some prep work for Turkey Day. DS#3 said he's cook our dinner but he won't be here until later tonight so I'll get started with getting roasting pan and starting some veggie dishes. Sending best wishes to everyone for a good day no matter what you plan doing.121750

MayinJerset
November 25th, 2015, 11:12 AM
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, THOUGHT I HAD LOST THE FIRST POST SO I WROTE THIS LONGER ONE.

Good Morning, Yes. it's time to begin getting things ready for Thanksgiving dinner. DS#3 said he'll cook the dinner but he won't be here until this evening so I'll prep some veggies and hunt out the old roasting pan. Picked up my free turkey on Monday, it's a 14 pounder and more than enough for dinner for the 3 of us and a nice turkey sandwich the next day. Might try my hand at making turkey soup with the carcass as we won't be able to attend my cousin Toni's annual Turkey Soup and Sandwich Party on Friday. I was never a fan of turkey soup but as we've been to Toni's party for the last 6 or 7 years it's sort of a tradition to have turkey soup on the day after Thanksgiving , only difference this year is that I'll make it myself.

Toni is affectingly known as The Soup Nazi - only she can ladle out the soup! Party begins in the afternoon and people come and go all night long but she's there in the kitchen with her huge pot of soup, ladle and supply of bowls. Oh I almost forgot, she'll be wearing her Turkey hat! Meanwhile in the dining/living room a huge table is heaped with a 6 foot sandwich, salads, chips, dips and bowls/pans of goodies others have brought. All changed later in the night for coffee and many, many desserts. Sort makes me wish we could go this year as all we have for dessert is an apple pie. Oh forgetting something again, the box of Godiva chocolates a good friend sent me. Ahh, that will be good enough.121751

SewnByBee
November 25th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Good morning, Ginny .
Glad to see you, I hope YOU u have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
It's nice here, and supost to be near 70 tomorrow. I have some shopping to do.
I also have a day in the kitchen, prepping dishes for tomorrow, so everything will be ready, and easier to cook.
I find making my stuffing for my stuffed mushrooms a day ahead, just woke sew good for me. Two, they even taste better, really. I also cook using my sweet potatoes, for the casserole. Enjoy your family, my thoughts are with yall.

Hi, May, keep on getting stronger, and better.
My gang helps me now, to get done, all that needs to be pulled together. I'm glad they help me, or I would never get done, we ENJOY making memories and remembering the days past. I will miss my Mom, and her pies, she was a wonderful cook, my nephew would say cooker.lol. He always said that. She made pecan pies and a Apple pie just for my son, because he was the apple f her eye.They were close.

This Thanksgiving, were essentially Thankful, we will announce, the due date of our first grandbaby in May.
This s will complete our telling the extended family. This will be fun. My girl K And SIL Z had a shirt made saying due in May, shes going to wear and see how long it takes for someone to read it. Lol.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving, everyone.

Bubby
November 25th, 2015, 12:15 PM
As soon as I walk the Girls I will start cooking. Our neighbors will come over to share our dinner tomorrow and we will carry meals to our other neighbor whose wife had a stroke several months ago. She just came back home from rehab and I want them to have a special meal and their own pumpkin pie and some hugs. Our neighbors who will come to our home are from Mississippi so I will make a couple special things for them. They love pecan pie so I will bake two so they can take a pie home with them. I will also bake two pumpkin pies and Jeff's favorite apple pie. That's six pies....guess I should get busy. I made the pie crust last night and it's ready to roll.

I wish each and every one a blessed Thanksgiving. I wish you could be here to share an Ozark Thanksgiving with us. Special wishes to our May and her family!!

Monique
November 25th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Good morning friends. I am a little late getting here this morning. Les & I went for blood work early and had to pick Les up at 8. Then we were both starving, so out for breakfast we went. I did a little grocery shopping while Les came ahead home. Now he has gone to have a rest as he isn't sleeping much while he at the Momma's.

Yesterday I sewed the binding on the quilt and will get that finished today. I also started working on a (row by row) row that will be a gift for my brother for Christmas. I still have some pieces left to cut out of fusible web.

Have a great day preparing for your Thanksgiving. And be safe is you are traveling.

P/S Work got cancelled for this week but I will work almost a full week Dec 8-12 instead. Suits me just fine.

mommadeb
November 25th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We don't celebrate it here-so please indulge for me!!:icon_popcorn::icon_popcorn:

Claire Hallman
November 25th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
You have inspired me to make a couple of pecan pies. I usually have one for my single BIL and I will see him tomorrow.
Since we are going to a cousin's for dinner tomorrow that is all the cooking I need to do.
I got a wall hanging and candle mat done yesterday so they are going with us tomorrow. Now on to the wall hangings for my grands and then a dress and longall, some Farmgirl blocks and on and on......
Lots of fun.:D

Splinter
November 25th, 2015, 02:21 PM
I love the idea of Turkey Soup Friday. All these posts about food are making me hungry. Even my dog is clanging his food dish against the floor tile. I always over indulge on these foodful holidays, so I will happily indulge for Mommadeb as well. Happy cooking and happy eating to all!

SewnByBee
November 25th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I love the idea of Turkey Soup Friday. All these posts about food are making me hungry. Even my dog is clanging his food dish against the floor tile. I always over indulge on these foodful holidays, so I will happily indulge for Mommadeb as well. Happy cooking and happy eating to all!

Heres you a goal d one.
My son named our soup " Soup the Chicken" every time he would ask me ,mamma are you gonna soup that chicken? No matter what bird Turkey or chicken I bought. And now he still calls it that ,Enjoy.

judimccl
November 25th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends and their families. For the first time in MANY years I will not be doing the cooking for Thanksgiving - will be going to my brother and SIL's house. Sure that will feel strange, but will be taking many containers with me for bring home leftovers! Not many in my family like leftovers so I should score big lol. :icon_wave:

Iris Girl
November 25th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Last pie is in cooking. The stuffing is done, and the coleslaw is done. The load of dishes is all done not put away but done and in the drainer. Have 2 loads of laundry on the line and dinner in the crock pot. I am pooped. Glad I only cook for 4 , not sure how I would survive cooking for more.
Hoping everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Stay safe and hugs to all in need.

pcbatiks
November 25th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon, friends. I'm cooking purple hull peas right now for tomorrow. Another dish I'll be making is cheese souffle. I haven't made it in years so I might make a small recipe this evening to make sure it turns out okay.

Also doing some housework, even though we are going to my parents house tomorrow. Do I get extra credit for cleaning when it's not absolutely necessary? :D I would rather play with my grinch quilt.

Hope you all have a Happy Safe Stress Free Thanksgiving. :)

Kat Smith
November 25th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Ohhhh, I have to say I am jealous, our Thanksgiving seems like it was so long ago already. All this turkey and sides talk is really making me hungry for it all again. We really all have so much to be grateful for. Wishing you all a safe, peaceful and reflective Thanksgiving.
Kathy