PDA

View Full Version : Ever had one of those days?

SallyO'Sews
November 24th, 2015, 12:50 AM
So thankful this Monday is over! I had a number of catastrophes, including the following:

*felt nauseated all day (my own fault; I know better than to go all weekend without eating enough veggies);
*bad hair day (no, reeeally baaad);
*stupid mistake at work made two weeks ago that I found out about today via a rather irate email from a customer; happily fixed by my colleagues in Texas;
*another stupid (albeit minor) mistake caught by a different customer;
*and the corker: Realized around 11 a.m. my skirt was on inside out. Seriously. Thankfully, my co-workers either did not notice, or were gracious enough not to smirk, snicker, or tell me. :0

The good news is that I figured out what I'm going to do for my great-nieces' birthday party this Saturday. Self-binding blankie for the younger one plus a matching one for her dolly, and a sundress for the older one (figure with a November birthday, she could use something for next summer).

quiltsRfun
November 24th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Bet you're glad the day is over and you can start with a clean slate tomorrow.

stationarymom
November 24th, 2015, 03:07 AM
I hope tomorrow brings a much better day.

Carlie Wolf
November 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Skirt inside out LOL That is a mental nightmare of mine...that I'm at a store and realize that type of thing. Shirts yes, that I've done, but not a skirt yet LOL

Kat Smith
November 24th, 2015, 12:53 PM
The skirt inside out reminded me of many years ago, we were sitting in Church one Sun. and I noticed my oldest daughter ( probably about 13 at the time) flipping the hem of her skirt up and looking at it then putting it down again. This went on for awhile, then she went to the washroom and came back with her skirt on inside out. Zipper and all hanging out. I asked her what the heck she was doing and she announced that she like the color on that side better. Then someone had to go and suggest that her mother could take it apart and remake it that way. So if anyone noticed your skirt, you can just tell them you liked the color better on that side.
Hope today is a better day.
Kathy

easyquilts
November 24th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah... Days like thst are awful...

I get the skirt thung... Same thing happened to me, only I was at church.. My DD caught it....m
Here's hoping you are having a much better day..

Divine Daisy
November 24th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Tuesdays were often bad for me before I retired. At some point during the day either my secretary or myself would wail 'it's Tuesdayyyyyyyy'. Sometimes we did it in sterio.

Midge
November 24th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Oh dear. Skirt inside out is worthy of some sort of Fashion Disaster Award. The worst I ever did was wear one black and one brown shoe to work.

grandma nurse
November 25th, 2015, 12:25 AM
My worse blunder was getting the back of my skirt tucked in the top of my underware after using the bathroom and coming out and having my back side exposed.