PDA

View Full Version : A Little too sticky

janbee
November 23rd, 2015, 05:01 PM
Having my eye surgery tomorrow and it's a good thing. I saw a shadow while I was pulling out of my drive way and thought it was a body. Then I spray basted a quilt and got too much basting spray on my quilt sandwich and my machine is skipping stitches. Never done that before but I've never been this blind before. I called the Sullivan Company who made the basting spray and they said it wouldn't stay sticky forever. I have the quilt hanging outside over the porch rail. Thought the cold winter air might help it dissolve some of its stickiness. Then I reached into the cabinet to grab the Cumin to season some beans and got the Cinnamon by mistake. Hope this gave all of you a giggle. It sure made me laugh.

Hulamoon
November 23rd, 2015, 06:07 PM
What were you making and how did it turn out? Happy thoughts on your surgery:)

Vonnie
November 23rd, 2015, 06:25 PM
Ditto on the happy thoughts.

Don't feel bad about the vision oops. I have a cousin who we never let forget that she once stopped her car to let a tree cross the street! She and an Aunt were night blind. So I guess it's hereditary.

Lori63
November 23rd, 2015, 06:55 PM
My hubby once grabbed the cinnamon instead of chili powder and didn't notice till he had already put a bunch in. Sure gave the chili a different flavor! And he doesn't have an excuse like you! He just wasn't paying attention.

songbird857
November 23rd, 2015, 06:58 PM
It's good to keep a sense of humor about it! Praying for super duper speedy recovery so you can get back to spray basting ;)

KPH
November 23rd, 2015, 07:14 PM
Hope things go well tomorrow.

Suzette
November 23rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
Love your sense of humor about these things. We have to laugh, right?? :)

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. Hope you heal quickly.

mischiefkat
November 23rd, 2015, 09:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers for your surgery tomorrow. Kathy

Kgrammiecaz
November 23rd, 2015, 10:20 PM
Lots of good luck for your surgery. And some prayers as well. Let us know how things go.

SewnByBee
November 24th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Lol, chin up..........all will be better, that surgery is not to bad , just do exactly what they tell you.
Let us know how you did, ok. Saying players......

stationarymom
November 24th, 2015, 03:17 AM
Best wishes for your surgery and a quick recovery.

Monique
November 24th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Good luck on your surgery today.

janbee
November 28th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I had the cataract surgery on Tuesday. This is Saturday and I still have blurry vision in my eye. My surgeon says that is swelling of the cornea. The pressure in that eye is normal and my vision is less blurry than it was yesterday so I am hopeful it will get better everyday.

ilive2craft2
November 28th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I had the cataract surgery on Tuesday. This is Saturday and I still have blurry vision in my eye. My surgeon says that is swelling of the cornea. The pressure in that eye is normal and my vision is less blurry than it was yesterday so I am hopeful it will get better everyday.

That is great news janbee! Prayers for continued healing!

snippet
November 28th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I hope every day that passes finds your sight getting better! I know many people have had cataract surgery with great results. Just do exactly what the doctor recommends. You don't want to mess up your sight!