PDA

View Full Version : TOUCHING PHOTO

MayinJerset
November 23rd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Earlier this year one of the gals in my guild began a project to make 20+ Quilts of Valor for a group of blind veterans that meet monthly at a local vets office. I couldn't make a whole quilt but donated the blocks, borders, binding and backing for an Irish Chain quilt and she put them together. The Quilts of Valor group presented the quilts to the Vets earlier this month. Tony couldn't make the presentation ceremony so the other day the project coordinator and another gal brought his quilt to his home where his wife and family gathered. Tony can see a bit and he loved the quilts bright colors. One of the things I'm thankful for this year is that in some small way my sewing helps bring a little sunshine into this Vet's like.

pcbatiks
November 23rd, 2015, 10:58 AM
What a great way to start the morning.......with a smile worthy post. The quilt is pretty and I'm sure is well appreciated. Thanks for sharing, May.

Cathy F
November 23rd, 2015, 11:56 AM
What a wonderful picture! May, thank you for your community service to others!

Grandma G
November 23rd, 2015, 12:01 PM
Talk about a picture worth a thousand words!! How beautiful and how incredibly thoughtful of you and your guild to make it possible.

MRoy
November 23rd, 2015, 12:08 PM
It's a great quilt and a great photo! Thank you May and your guild for honoring these vets.

auntiemern
November 23rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
Such a wonderful thing thing you do. So heartwarming to make quilts for our veterans. God Bless you and your group for doing this for such deserving individuals.

ceiliam
November 23rd, 2015, 01:26 PM
Beautiful. I appreciate your service thank you