PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery project

HandsomeRyan
November 23rd, 2015, 09:29 AM
I bought a little Brother SE-400 embroidery machine a few months ago but kids and work have prevented me from spending much time playing with it. Well this weekend I finally stole a few moments and made some things. My wife has two cousins both expecting baby boys in December. I made some simple serged-edge flannel blankets with machine applique then turned some cloth diapers into burp cloths as well. The font was purchased from etsy and stitched out really nice. I think I will really like having the machine if I can just move someplace with a dedicated sewing room again so I can leave it out.

With what I have invested in the machine, thread, stabilizer, and materials I believe these burp cloths have cost me about $150 a piece. :lol:

YellowCockatiel
November 23rd, 2015, 10:01 AM
Beautiful work.

Expensive, but beautiful.

Claire Hallman
November 23rd, 2015, 01:43 PM
Very nice, it is fun to play with the embroidery machines but a rather expensive hobby unfortunately.
I made some in the hoop Christmas ornaments, took 3 hours plus materials and they are probably available at a store for $2.98.:icon_heh:

CraftHer
November 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
Looks nice. I like the big letter and then their name across. As you do more, you'll find better and more economical ways of doing thing. I have a friend with an embroidery business. She always says the first of a product are $150 :).

Cathy F
November 23rd, 2015, 02:22 PM
The initial start up of supplies can be costly, but they do go a long way. I have some spools of thread that I've had for two years and haven't had to replace yet. Looks like you've really mastered the machine, beautiful work!

songbird857
November 23rd, 2015, 04:26 PM
Wonderful! There are so many great designs out there :) And yes, it is expensive to get all of your supplies initially, but you can do quite a bit with a few spools of thread.

stationarymom
November 24th, 2015, 03:45 AM
These look great! I'm surprised you were able to find time to play.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 24th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Really nice gifts! Love the reality check of the economics of handcrafted items!