PDA

View Full Version : I'm still kickin - Please read the post halfway down page 2, Sharon has passed.

EmmaB
November 22nd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Hello everyone. Its been a very long time since I have visited this awesome forum. Things have been changing for me so quickly in the past year I can hardly keep up. The new job i started has been going great. A career change at 51 was a good idea for me. My daughter is working on building her clientel in cosmetology and seems to be enjoying her life at 22. Seems like yesterday she cut her own hair at the age of 4. She and I are still roomies and that's okay.

I finally finished embroidering a crib quilt for a friend of mine and am now ready to applique it to a bigger piece of material to make it larger. My friend started this when she found out she was going to have a granddaughter and the child is 6 now. The quilt is a princess theme so it would still be enjoyed I think by a little 6 year old so that's why I'm making it bigger.

Unfortunately I'm going to have time on my hands as last month I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I'm going through radiation treatment right now and have 10 more to go. After that I will have 4-6 rounds of chemotherapy. The cancer in my lung is also in my mouth so the chemo will take care of that. I think I have a pretty good outlook on the whole situation and just take things as they come. My new boss has been great through all of this and as soon as I can start breathing better I want to get back to work. Until then I thought I would drop in and say "Hey" to everyone and maybe get some inspiration from this truly talented group.

Happy sewing !!!!

Sharon

Cathy F
November 22nd, 2015, 12:23 PM
Hey, right back to ya, glad to hear from you!

Sending well wishes to you as you go through your treatments. Keep that positive outlook going, hope you'll be checking in with us and let us know how you're doing!

Quiltfreestyle
November 22nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
Hope your treatments go well & you are able to stay in touch here.

judimccl
November 22nd, 2015, 04:25 PM
Remember, you NEVER fight alone. I am a breast cancer survivor of 2 years and will be saying prayers for you.

songbird857
November 22nd, 2015, 05:52 PM
Hi Sharon :)
Plenty of us will be praying for you as you go through treatment... in the meantime, please pop in when you can :)

Sandy Navas
November 22nd, 2015, 05:52 PM
Sharon - always good and bad, right? I'll keep you in my thoughts as you go through your treatment. A positive attitude brings positive results!

alliek
November 22nd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Sharon, here's a hug (((())) from one Big C survivor to another. Prayers for wellness,healing always. Many Blessings.

jjkaiser
November 22nd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Glad you found your way back to us. Hope your treatments are effective with few side effects. It's always good to have a few hobbies to take the stress off of health issues and give you a chance to think of other things. Hang in there!

inspired
November 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM
Sharon I have just been through my mom and sisters lung cancer. After radiation and chemo Mom got the all clear last week and sis is still pending. I am sending you a big hug to get you to "Your All Clear"... Val

easyquilts
November 22nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hey, Shaton.... Glad to hear from you....

Sending you hugs, prayers, and good thoughts.... Please keep us up on how your treatments are going.... Radiation therapy isn't fun...been there and done that....... Hang in there.... We are all here for you.... sounds like you have a great boss... God bless...

stationarymom
November 23rd, 2015, 03:01 AM
Sharon I'm glad you popped in.I'm sorry to hear about your news but it seems that you have the right attitude about it.I will also keep you in my prayers.

Blondie
November 23rd, 2015, 07:28 AM
Hey there
I wondered where you've been. I am delighted to hear your DD is enjoying the crazy world of cosmetology. I am glad you found your way back home to MSQC - you are surrounded with prayer by many and the bestest support system of friends.

Wwena
November 23rd, 2015, 04:00 PM
So nice to see you Sharon! Your attitude is an inspiration. Now kick that cancer, ok? :)

EmmaB
November 25th, 2015, 06:13 AM
Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes.
It is 3:11 am in my part of the world. I am off to browse the forum to see what lovely projects are in the works.

Grandma Nan
November 25th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Sharon so glad you are back and truly sorry to hear of your health issues. You know you can count on forum friends to support you in whatever ways they can. Positive prays and wishes coming your way.

EmmaB
January 9th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Hello. This is Sharon's daughter, Madeline. I'm posting on my mom's account here to let you all know that she has passed on. The cancer was very aggressive unfortunately. She died the night before Christmas Eve. We laid her to rest the following Monday. I don't know who all she talked to on her but, I do know that she liked being on here and she loved a needle and thread doing anything. Thank you for being outlet for her.

:') Madeline

LauraP
January 9th, 2016, 01:48 AM
My heart goes out to you. I hope you put a needle in her pocket so she can help sew the rainbows.

K. McEuen
January 9th, 2016, 02:38 AM
Oh Madeline, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. It is never easy and so close to the holidays makes it that much harder. Your mom will be missed and you and the rest of your family will be in our thoughts.

Thank you for stopping in and letting us know.

Simply Quilting
January 9th, 2016, 02:51 AM
Madeline, so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Hugs and prayers to you.

quiltingtrish
January 9th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Madeline - I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. We will miss her around here.
(((((HUGS)))))

irishrn
January 9th, 2016, 02:45 PM
I am so sorry to read this. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

laura44
January 9th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I'm so sorry, prayers being said for you and your family.

MayinJerset
January 9th, 2016, 03:02 PM
May her sweet soul Rest in Peace.

Sylvia H
January 9th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. What a difficult and courageous thing you have done by contacting us. May you and your family find peace during this difficult time.

songbird857
January 9th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Madeline, so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. We will be praying for comfort for you and your family.

SallyO'Sews
January 9th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Madeline. I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope that you know that we will be here for you, too, as long as you need us to be. Blessings to you.
~ Sally \0/

GrammaBabs
January 9th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Madeline... you did the right thing having the courage to come here and share with us... We will all be praying for you and your family to get thru her passing as best you can... She was a wonderful gal, and we know that from past readings... THIS forum will continue to support YOU thru prayer and keeping you in our thoughts... for that is what we do...
Please know that your Mom is sitting right there on your shoulder watching and helping to support and love you daily, for the rest of your life.... it's what we Moms do after all... Take care.. Hugs. GB

marytfnp
January 9th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Madeline, I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

jjkaiser
January 9th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I am terribly sorry to hear this sad news. Our thoughts are with you all and thank you for letting us know. Forum members are kind of like family to us, and we feel each other's pain.

mommamarsh
January 9th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Thank you . Sending thoughts of peace and comfort to you all .

judimccl
January 9th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Oh Madeline, so sorry to read this. May God wrap his arms around you and the family and give you comfort.

MRoy
January 9th, 2016, 10:48 PM
I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

CraftHer
January 9th, 2016, 10:58 PM
Praying for you. Love your positive attitude.

Ginny B
January 10th, 2016, 01:25 AM
So sorry to hear of your mom's passing Madeline. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

Hulamoon
January 10th, 2016, 01:58 AM
I'm so sorry too. She would of loved that you came to tell us. Hugs to you and your family.

snippet
January 10th, 2016, 02:35 AM
oh Madeline. I'm so sorry for you and your family. It's so hard to lose someone so special as your mom. I'll put y'all in my prayers.

Thanks so much for letting us know.

mommadeb
January 10th, 2016, 05:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Blondie
January 11th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Madeline, you have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Mom. A bright and engaging spirit, her love of life and sewing was quite evident. I am happy that she shared this with you. Blessings.
Blondie

EnumclawGramma
January 11th, 2016, 07:57 AM
So very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know, please take care of yourself. Prayers for you and your family!

Andrea F
January 11th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for letting us know. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

Angela J
January 11th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Madeline, thanks so much for letting the people on the forum know of your mother's passing. I will pray for you and your family during this difficult time. Sometimes people just disappear and you never know what happened. It was your greatest act of kindness to let the people here know. Your mother is still very proud of you.

Grandma G
January 11th, 2016, 12:29 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this tragic news. We had all prayed for a better outcome. Please know that you and all her family continue to be in our prayers during this difficult time.

Over40momma
January 11th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Madeline, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your Mom. I am so sorry to know that she has been taken from you; but I know that there is much of her that lives inside you still. All those moments (even some of the tough ones) are shared between you and that can never be broken. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family as you travel down this most difficult part of life's road. :icon_hug:

Monique
January 11th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Oh Madeline, thank you for letting us know. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone close to you is never easy. May she rest in peace now that her suffering is over. Hold your memories dear to your heart, for they will help you through this most difficult time.

Monique from Canada.

GuitarGramma
January 11th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Madeline, I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Thank you for letting us know. My heart goes out to you.

alliek
January 11th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Madeline my heart is breaking for you. She sounded so brave and strong. Take heart and be strong, she gave a great example. My prayers for your peace of heart and mind.

auntiemern
January 12th, 2016, 01:50 AM
Madeline, so very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Many prayers and hugs for you.

carolynrae
January 12th, 2016, 03:26 AM
So sorry for your loss, love and prayers for you and the family.

CraftySweetPeas
January 13th, 2016, 12:18 AM
While I did not know your mother, it is evident that you share her caring spirit. Thank you for updating her quilty family here and may your fond memories comfort you in this difficult time and in the years to come. When you can't remember one memory, another sneaks up and captures your heart and mind for a while. As time goes by, your heart will grow to allow those other memories back in. Please stop in from time to time and let us know if we can do anything for you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Nidan_07
January 13th, 2016, 03:06 AM
So sorry for your loss, Madeline. May you find comfort during this very difficult time. All my very best to you.