PDA

View Full Version : Mr Daisy's Results

Divine Daisy
November 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I am sad to say that the results of Mr Daisy's PET scan were not good. He will go for another biopsy prob next week and then must begin chemo again from the beginning. They will be giving him second line drugs which will be very agressive but should get it this time. Also next week (we think) they will gather stem cells and freeze them so that when they blast him with a huge dose towards the end of the treatment they can give him his own stem cells to repair his bone marrow. This last thing will distroy everything including his good bone marrow so its a miricle that they can harvest his own stem cells and not rely on a donor.

His numbers arent great now but nowhere near as bad as when he was first dianosed. So he is fitter now and is in better condition to cope with this aggressive treatment.

Last time quilting saved me.... now i am not sure. His regime will be mean much more time at the hospital than last time and he will need a lot more nursing. I dont know if i will have the focus or heart to sew. Right now i feel................ nothing

mianmom
November 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I am so sorry that the results were not good I will be praying for both of you.

bakermom
November 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM
So sorry you have to go thru this. prayers for both of you.

HandsOffItsMine
November 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I know that you are both in shock and trying to digest the news. You are both in our prayers, Don and I went through his heart attack in 02/08 then open heart in 12/09. Together you can work through it again, he's stronger this time. Just like Don was when he went in for his open heart. It is a miracle that Mr. D's stemcells are good, they made it through, he can fight this battle! It's tough, mean and ugly. I'm a 14 year survivor of uteran cancer, the treatments are horrible, I know. But there is still so much to live for. It's also very tough on the spouse, you feel hopeless when you see them in pain and you can't help them. I took care of my Mom for 9 years, with the same cancer, I've been in your shoes.

You'll feel numb, that's normal, then a good cry in the shower (my place at least), then the tigress will come out, and the two of you with family/friends support will do battle again! Know that the two of you are loved, by folks worldwide, healing light and prayers are being sent/said daily. Should you want to talk, rant, cry on screen, PM me.

Much love and prayers, Ruby and Don

Monique
November 9th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Daisy, sorry to hear that the news is not the greatest. I wish I could be there for support for you, but know that all your friends here are supporting you in spirit.

I am sure you will find something to quilt or work on while he is getting his treatments. Do you have a good support system where you are?

Love and hugs to you and Mr. Daisy. Try to keep your chin up.

Tssprague
November 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I will be saying prayers for you and your husband. I'm very sorry for this news.

K. McEuen
November 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the bad results, but the fact that they can harvest his stem cells to replant is a plus.

You've got the new kitties to snuggle with when you are feeling down and that does help. Try to keep a positive attitude and we'll keep you both in our thoughts and prayers.

a1angiem
November 9th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Daisy, I echo what everyone has said. Wishing you strength and love...
Angie

oldgurl4
November 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM
~Daisy~ Sending HUGS your way ....

Hang in there.... You are not Alone in this journey.

Gayle8675309
November 9th, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'm so sorry. Cancer is a tough enemy, but it can be beat. When I was diagnosed I had to focus on only one day at a time, one treatment, one doctor visit. More would overwhelm me. It's normal to feel numb, you will be able to fight this with your husband...I'm praying for you both.

stitching woman
November 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I will be saying prayers for the both of you and with Gods help all things are possible. Stay strong my friend and lean on the rest of us for support.

meemeecyn
November 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
OH, Daisy, how devastating for both of you. Of course you feel nothing now. The news is a shocker and knocks the wind right out of the sails. Please feel these electronic hugs coming your way and all the support that is humanly possible to receive.
We are here for you, at least in spirit and will continue to pray for you both.
Cynthia

Blondie
November 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hi Daisy
Nothing in sentiments can be added to the eloquent love and devotion already stated above.
When my Mom was going through the throes of her illness, I was feeling much of what you are feeling now, I suppose. I kept a lot of handwork with me at the dr's, hospital and bedside. I made a marvelous cathedral window quilt during that time with matching throw pillows. Even now, I try to keep a stash of hand stitching projects on the ready. Kept my hands occupied and my mind free to think, pray, and at times do nothing but stitching by rote.
You are being prayed for daily, Ms. Daisy as is your dear Mr. Daisy. Sometimes we never know what we can do and/or endure until we are going through it. I learned in caring for my folks that I was stronger than I ever wanted to be.
Come in here when you can and get some good doses of silly humor, and friendship.

Many thoughts, prayers, hugs and blessings
Blondie

BellasQuilts
November 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Miss Daisy, you are held up in prayers and good thoughts here. Sounds like Mr. Daisy has a great chance to beat this and he is going to need you strong. We are here to give you strength and hopefully get you to laugh a time or two to ease the stress. There is always hope! Know that we hold your hope in our pockets so it is always there even when you might think you can't find it, we are holding on to it for you. God bless, and know you and yours are truly cared for here.

Sandy Navas
November 9th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Definite Daily Prayers being said for YOU and Mr. Daisy! You have received some wonderful advice and support already - and you sound like a definite fighter - obviously Mr. Daisy is too.

Loonwatcher
November 9th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Alison. What a blow. You've been through it before and as you say Mr. D. is fitter this time round. Stay strong. Vent to us whenever you need to. I'm sending heartfelt healthing energy and prayers your way; and again and again for the upcoming months. As HandsOffItsMine said, you are loved around the world and we are all praying for you.

Hugs,

Divine Daisy
November 9th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Thanks to everyone, i do appreciate it.

My spirits are holding, maybe even building a little having got through the task of telling the girls. Tomorrow is another day and i will find my strength again. I just felt in the Drs and infact said...i am so angry. First this thing almost killed me and put Mr Daisy through hell as my treatment took me right to the edge, then before i was fully recovered it had a go at him and now again. Cancer, the world, the universe needs to give us a break. We are so tired.

Anyway, enough moaning here are better pics of our new boys who are cheering us no end

~Seamus on the left, Archie on the right

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 9th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Daisy I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for Mr. Daisy as well as you! I know it is hard right now and you can't see the good in this I don't know how you feel about spiritual things but in the Bible it says that God has a plan and a purpose for each and every one of us. No matter how bad it seems the one you can count on is still there He is waiting for you to call on Him! I always find strength in my Bible. Hope this helps I know this is a dark time and you can barley see your way through but He is there to carry you through!
Praying, Praying, Praying for you both!

inspired
November 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Daisy; My heartfelt wishes for a quick recovery go out to you both! My hubby was diagnosed with non-hodgekins lymphoma 10 years ago and had his spleen removed.They told us it could not be cured and would probably come back at some point. He has been in remission since but reading your post reminded me of that very dark time. I feel so guilty now for whining about our current problems as they seem very small compared to yours! Just know that we are all praying for you and your hubby!!!! Love & strength coming your way right now! Val

sally
November 9th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I will be saying prayers for the both of you and with Gods help all things are possible. Stay strong my friend and lean on the rest of us for support.

Couldn't say it better myself...
Hang in there!

Shauna

sally
November 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
PS Love the pics of the boys...They will give you comfort too!

bec
November 9th, 2011, 09:16 PM
So sorry to hear about Mr. Daisy, but glad that he is fitter and more able to withstand the treatment. Try to keep yourself busy doing something you love and keep positive. My prayers are with you.

MRoy
November 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Ms. Daisy, I'm so sorry about Mr. Daisy. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

debinmalaga
November 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
So sorry to hear this. Glad you feel he is stronger and better prepared for treatment. I hope you find some comfort in something with your hands, whether sewing or something else. Sometimes it helps to unplug our brains for a little while and just create something. You are both in my thoughts.

Shannon
November 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Ms Daisy I can't really add much more than what has been said here. These ladies are awesome. Having just gone through this with my DH all I can say is that.....you will get through this, you must.... That's it, nothing deep or full of wisdom, sorry. Just keep telling yourself that you and Mr. Daisy will get through this, there are no other options! Hope this made some sense, kind of rambling I think. Thoughts and prayers to you and those you love.

Bubby
November 9th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Dear Daisy...So sorry to hear your news and that you both have to go through this again. My prayers are with both of you...Hugs, Barb

MaryB
November 10th, 2011, 12:51 AM
So sorry to read your news Daisy. Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you both.

Mary B.

quiltingtrish
November 10th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Ms Daisy - I'm so sorry to hear the news. I've got you covered in my prayers and am glad to hear he is fitter than before, I know that will help.
BIG HUGS,

janluna
November 10th, 2011, 02:29 AM
We are lifting you both up in Prayer for healing. Those prayers work. Hang in there. And if you need to vent we are here. Love to you both, Jan L.

Genny
November 10th, 2011, 03:31 AM
You and mr Daisy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Cancer CAN and WILL BE BEAT!!!

KiltedQuilter
November 10th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Thoughts being sent your way from Scotland!

sewmuchjan
November 11th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Prayers and healing and big hugs comming your way for the both of you (((((HUG)))))
Vent here anytime we are always here for the both of you.

God Bless and keep you in His loving arms.
Love
Jan G