PDA

View Full Version : Early Night Owl

quiltingtrish
November 22nd, 2015, 12:59 AM
Wondering how you all are that got the snow? I am glad we didn't get any yet (central PA) and the longer it takes to arrive here, the happier I will be.

I am working on a large lap quilt for my girlfriend for her birthday - which is Wednesday. It started as a snowman panel that came in a kit and I had the top already pieced together. I put the rest of the construction off for a few days because the backing snowflake fabric they provided was thick and very stiff. Just wasn't happy with it and when that feeling comes along, something tells me to wait. Today I was going through the Joanne sales flyer and I saw a small smidgen photo of a Charlie Brown fabric.
DING!!!! My BFF and I love Charlie Brown and knew I had some cute stuff in the quilt cupboard. It is the perfect size for the panel I pieced together even with added borders. I got it layered and pinned and now quilting it. Had to take a movement break so came on to say hoot, hoot to everyone. I can't wait to get a photo of it when finished.

Well, I suppose I should go back to my room and do a tad more quilting. I wish these 'DING' moments would come sooner rather than later as I am in a time crunch now.

Hugs,

CraftHer
November 22nd, 2015, 01:35 AM
No snow here, yet (SW Ohio). Getting coolder and flurries are predicted. My sewing room is warm and toasty. I'm doing something different and working on folded fabric ornaments. They are fun to make. I'm making "pinecones" in fall fabric that I'm going to give to our Thanksgiving guests. However, the night is sneaking up on me and my eyes are getting tired. It's almost bedtime for me. Good night and sweet dreams.

toggpine
November 22nd, 2015, 02:07 AM
We are at the beach for the weekend. The weather has been beautiful. We saw a grey whale and her calf off the beach this morning.
We went into town and found a few things. There is a coupon book they hand out in the off season, and we took advantage of several of them. I found the quilt shop and spent my fun money there. Her coupon had a cut rotary cutter travel carrier that came as a gift with a purchase. It is about 3x8(?), made of plastic and folds in half to create a divided stand-up cup. Pretty neat.
I also picked up some adorable monster fabric and some cute Christmas panels and border pieces.

This is the view from our condo unit.

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2015, 02:08 AM
We got 8 inches of snow here. DH got a chance to get his exercise by using the snow blower. He got a big orange one a few years back after our little green one wore out. It was a heavy wet snow at first, so the bottom layer was icy and slick. He had a hard time getting the snow thrower to turn around.

Hopefully all the parking lots will be plowed and we will get to church tomorrow. It will be a cold morning, near zero. I'm wishing I had some warmer socks on so I guess I had better go put some on! Not much sewing so far except for some mending. :) Hoot hoot!

Lightwriter
November 22nd, 2015, 06:20 AM
Woke up in the middle of a horrible nightmare; can't quite shake it off. Why do we dream bad things?

LONG day coming up. We are on food committee at church and the Thanksgiving meal is today. I have to cook a turkey, all the dressing, all the green beans, and mash all the potatoes. Don't forget serving and cleaning up and I already decorated. Most labor intensive meal we do. We will serve about 60. I am seriously considering getting off the committee, but there are few people in our small church that will do it. Now I will be operating with little sleep and am not feeling at the top of my game anyway. Sigh.

I went to quilt workshop the other day and learned to make a 3 D snowflake. There is a tutorial online for this. Once I got he right materials (had wrong heat and bond...you have to use the ultra hold) and figured out what was going on it was pretty easy. I can't seem to get pics to post lately and never could post links on IPad. It's worth checking out, google 3D Snowflake.

Hope all has a good Sunday.

kimsophia
November 22nd, 2015, 06:39 AM
Sorry about the nightmare. Mercifully, I haven't had one (that I remember, anyway) for many years.

Actually having to cook for 60 by yourself sounds nightmarish enough! Some traditions need to be altered to fit the new reality. I'll get a catered meal purchased from a local grocery chain someday. :)