PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Ginny B
November 21st, 2015, 11:19 AM
Good morning everyone. Well my dilemma about visiting the hospital today was solved by Lou himself. He passed away early yesterday morning. We are sad. So yesterday was a hectic scramble at work getting all the payrolls for my department done since I won't be there next week. I was already scheduled off on Tues and Wed and now won't be there Monday either. Got most of it done. Just a small piece that the other Admin will have to finish.

Last night we had a nice time at Henry's birthday party. Houseful of little boys running around making noise was just what I needed. It was great.

Today will bring lots of running around doing errands. Tomorrow and Monday it will be back and forth to Staten Island for the wake and Tuesday is the funeral. It will be sad of course but I know there will be laughing too as we remember and share stories about Lou and celebrate his life.

I hope you all have a good day.

songbird857
November 21st, 2015, 11:28 AM
Oh, Ginny - I'm sorry for the loss in your family.

Good morning all :)
Conversation with FIL as he sits down to eat breakfast....
ME: How is your back feeling?
Him: Not too bad, but my leg is hurting very badly
ME: Your back feels ok?
Him: Yes, not too much pain.... but my leg....

Ummm... ok. Yesterday, he was dying from the pain in his back and he couldn't breathe because of it. So much so, that we brought him for an x-ray to check for a broken rib. (No phone call last night from the doc, so I'm assuming no...). So much that he told me yesterday that he was going to go out onto the street and find someone to take him to the hospital (as I was asking him questions to clarify the pain so I could call the doctor). DY-ING... ...today is a brand new day ;)

Sooo.... today I will probably not sew, I really need to start doing a good cleaning for Thanksgiving. Laundry will be tackled as well :)
I hope everyone has a great day!! Hugs to all who need them...

JCY
November 21st, 2015, 11:33 AM
A clear, cold Sat. a.m. here! Only 15 deg. We got between 1-2" of snow last night. I had hoped to drive to Golden to see my GD & DS (who is visiting from Seattle), but won't risk it on the icy roads. I'll try for next Tues.

I started working on Christmas placemats yest. Because the fabric design is too nice to cut up, I'm leaving it unpieced. I'll just sandwich them, quilt, then add the binding. They'll be reversible. It's more of a winter design, not specifically Christmas. I hope to spend much of the day sewing.

auntiemern
November 21st, 2015, 04:20 PM
So sorry for your loss. Prayers and hugs all around.

MayinJerset
November 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
Sad News Ginny.