PDA

View Full Version : Snow....

Genny
November 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Good morning everyone! Just sitting here looking at our white yard...only a little bit of snow but I was surprised anyway. When I got off work last night it was raining and in the middle of the night I heard thunder. Guess this must be what they call "thunder snow"! Its already melting and I'm sure my husband is happy about that, hes a county worker and drives a snow plow in the winter and seems like here in Iowa when it when it starts snowing...it just keeps on going...like the energizer batteries... :icon_heh: Hope everyone has a great day!!!:icon_wave:

Bubby
November 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Genny....I know how you feel....we had snow last week. It melted right off because it rained on top of it. You really have bitter winters in Iowa,,,,not much better here in MO! My DH works for the State and plows a lot in the winter also. Take care....Barb

institches64
November 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Hi - We had snow in Mass last week, some people really got hit with hugh amounts. Some places still are without their power! We live near Plymouth so we only had a dusting but we did lose 2 trees due to the winds. Crazy! Today we are enjoying a day of Indian Summer - temps in the 60's. Just a tease because the cold will return quickly. I can't imagine the amounts of snow some of you ladies get in the winter. Betty:D

Monique
November 9th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Genny, please do not send it up this way just yet. Not ready for snow.

ILove2quilt
November 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
NO NO NO snow. we had over 6 inches a couple of weeks ago. I don"t want it. lol

Blondie
November 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Just got off the phone with my cousin in Wisconsin and she said it was snowing big fat flakes and the ground was covered in no time flat.
Keep it up there, y'all

tamsterg7
November 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Ohh - I know it's coming but I am really not ready for it! The only good thing about snow days are if you can stay insided and quilt! And yes - I was quite jealous of you ladies with DH's who plow for the state/county - that means you have the house to yourself for quilting!!!!! I get kids home from school :(

phoots
November 10th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Please...someone send the snow to Vegas!!! I love snow!!!

Genny
November 10th, 2011, 03:25 AM

OK LADIES...we need to send all our snow to Vegas!!!:lol:

HandsOffItsMine
November 10th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Hey, we always had a couple of days of snow when we lived in Vegas. We lived at The Lakes at the end of Sahara by Red Rock. It can get cold there, but the sun shines, just like in Denver.

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM

I had a box ready to send to Vegas but when I got up this morning the box was sodden and there was no snow in sight. Maybe it left on it's own . . . .

bobw103
November 10th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Got it in northern MN last night as well. I am packing it up and sending it to Vegas as I type :)
Snow is good, freezing cold not so much.

mitzs
November 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Just got off the phone with my cousin in Wisconsin and she said it was snowing big fat flakes and the ground was covered in no time flat.
Keep it up there, y'all

My first born is in WI too & she called me up yesterday to tell me they had snow and she was going to send it all to me because she LOVED me soooo much. I am thinking about cutting her out of my will! ;)

Genny
November 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
My first born is in WI too & she called me up yesterday to tell me they had snow and she was going to send it all to me because she LOVED me soooo much. I am thinking about cutting her out of my will! ;)

Thats just too funny :lol: