• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SewnByBee
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2015

📩 FOR Goodness Sake 😇

.............Be Blessed, be a Blessing, to Someone Today

I wanted to remember the homeless , the weather is changing, alot of people come to the shelters.

There are some needs we can help with,
    * they need
    * coats
    * Socks
    * pillow case's
    * cover
    *.......ect

* here they also take sleeping bags and tents too, I think.

We have so many VETERANS on the street,
    if one family could donate one pack of socks we could keep there feet a little warmer

I know there's more that they could use, if you want to add to this, please chime in.
    They wuld appreciate it. 
    Thanks for your time.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

• baskets4deb
    The Guild President
    • Jul 2013

Re: 📩 FOR Goodness Sake 😇

Hats, gloves and scarves, too. Also a ziplock bag filled with packaged crackers, fruit cups, cheese sticks, pretzels, small can of juice or juice box and some wet wipes.

I live in a small town and we have a transitional homeless shelter and I give socks every year for Christmas.
    Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

• YellowCockatiel
      Missouri Star
      • Nov 2013

The crochet/knit group that I belong to has been making scarfs and hats to donate to the homeless shelter for Veterans in Chicago for the past few years. It only takes a skein of yarn and few hours to make, but the warm feeling of giving and helping others is the best feeling ever.
      sigpic
      Keep Calm and Quilt On!
      Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
      Paula

Comment

• alliek
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2011

Thanks for the reminder. ! Many blessings.

Comment

• SewnByBee
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by YellowCockatiel View Post
          The crochet/knit group that I belong to has been making scarfs and hats to donate to the homeless shelter for Veterans in Chicago for the past few years. It only takes a skein of yarn and few hours to make, but the warm feeling of giving and helping others is the best feeling ever.
          Oh yes, baggins and gloves would be nice to keep warm

Another thing, a small bag of personals, would be a nice and helpful donation, Just what you would use daily.

I seen a story, where a guy ask a homeless man for money, he told the man ,he had a family member in the hospital, the homelessman told him to meet him back there in one hour. When they met up the homeless man brought the guy $125.00, he had been saving up, he had went to the shelter and got the money from the lady that worked there at the shelter, who had been holding it for him.Then he told the guy, out of all these people you ask me, and that had to be for a reason, he felt compelled to help the guy. Little did hthe man know there was a reason, the guy was asking , does alot of work , to help the homeless and the y were filming a video to bringi awareness and to reach out to help them.
          This time ,he got touched by this mans selflessness. The HM gave him every dime he had, saying you need it more than me, you have a family, I don't. The guy explained how touched he was and why. The homless man, was a vetran, after explaining, the guy gave the HM twice as much money than he was able to give him.

This is a big issue. I have recently became aware of, and it makes me sad, mad and all that. I just want everyone to know so, hopefully, we can make a small difference, in comparison to the difference they make.

I cant, I want fotget,Thank you all, for all you give. God Bless the USA

....Bee
          The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Working...
          X