PDA

View Full Version : Thursday morning hellos

Blondie
November 19th, 2015, 07:17 AM

Hey there Folksies!

It's a little late for me to join in the nightowl hooties and its a little early for a good morning chat. Some days are like that. I have been up since about 1:30, lying in bed listening to the rain. Have I told you how much I despise rain? I mean, not really, but, yes. I am sick of it.

I had to work some each day this week at the salon, and today is no different. I was able to get some leaves raked and blown yesterday as well - thank goodness before this rain came back. I know y'all out west of me have it worse so I will hush for now. Can I just say we southern girls prefer sun, not the liquid sunshine? And if I am being totally honest, I for one, prefer Camelot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZc2PNoCM2w

especially where the autumn leaves are whisked away - after dark of course. Many thanks for letting me indulge in that clip. Was there ever a more romantic movie for adolescent girls that year? swoon. May have to pull that up on Netflix the next girls day out (or night in as the case may be) Won't be many of those for awhile with my DD. She is now working 3rd shift at a hospital in ICU. My time visiting with her is quite limited. wah wah. I do get to see our Tyler and my other grand dogs fairly frequently. Tyler is at the age where at 16 months he is babbling up a storm. He will say the usual dada, mama, naturally. He has become quite fluent in Tyberrish. It's giberrish that only Ty understands - his facial expressions are quite readable and most precious. He can be such a stinking brat and then smile at me and I fall in love again. Especially when he puts those arms out to me. My DD has got it down when he tries to have a tantrum. I should get her to video it because it is difficult to describe. It is painful and funny at the same time. What am I saying and why to you? Y'all know more than me about little guys. I will remind myself again to hush and not be too proud of a child that ain't even my blood kin. That's the best kind I am beginning to believe. that way if they turn out good, you can be kinda boastful about the part you played in it. If they are your blood kin, watch out! Apples never fall far from the tree and the rotten ones always land stink side up.

Time to brush and braid the big man's glorious hair. He is sooooooo lucky I haven't had an ooopsy moment with my scissors. See if I didn't have to do his stinkin' hair I could sleep in.

Hey, have a great day! Smile even if the skies are crying. That's what I am gonna do.

Carol336
November 19th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Good morning Blondie - and all who follow.

We're kinda loving life this fall in our new little condo- no leaves to rake....and we're getting excited just thinking about the snow....God is Good indeed!!!! Sorry Blondie - just couldn't resist a little boast this am. So many of our friends thought we were crazy for downsizing - but as Miz Brenda Lee said "Who's sorry now"

Working till noon today, then have an ortho appointment for some nasty pain I've been having on the top of my left foot. Very sharp pain when I walk...started about a week or 2 ago and is getting progressively worse with each passing day. To the point that it's cutting into my dancing - now i can't have that. The good news is that I have about an hour between getting off work and the dr appt....AND...Hancock Fabrics is right smack dab in the middle to the two places......so I wonder what I'll be doing to kill that hour!!!!

Blondie - how nice of you to braid Lucious's hair every day - you are a better woman than I.....I grumble because I have to fluff out DH's curls when we go out and give him a hair cut every couple of weeks. I'm gonna picture you rolling out of bed every morning - and be glad - and yes I might even "smile" when DH hands me that comb!!!!

Have a great day eveyone

MRoy
November 19th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Good morning! I'm downing coffee trying to get woke up. Usually my mornings aren't rushed, but DH has an optometrist appt in another county this morning at 8:15 so I'm having to hustle it up a bit. I'm the designated driver back home after his eye exam.

Carol, have fun at Hancocks. There will be no side trips for shopping with DH in tow...it's straight there, and straight back home unless he has somewhere he wants/needs to stop.

Blondie, I wish I had you here to trim up my hair. I really need to give myself a haircut before the holidays.

Time to finish my coffee and start pulling myself together to look presentable in public. Have a great day!

dwil23
November 19th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good Morning all!

Blondie, I for one am jealous of your rain. We did get some here last night for the first time in I don't know how long. We are in the middle of the hottest November in a long time and it.is.getting.old. Some days are like mid-August.

As I said yesterday, today is a road trip to the east coast. I had to smile when I checked the daily deal - Road Trip! Just may have to order that one. I did manage to finish both sides of the table runner yesterday, but didn't get it quilted. Sigh. This "quick" gift has taken me at least 24 hours so far - I wasn't keeping track, but I'm sure it would be that many if I had, and I'm not even done.

Time to get a move on - I've had my shower, now to get dressed, throw a load of laundry in the washer and wait for our chariot to arrive! (I am so lucky - Deborah has a nice car and loves to drive, so I don't have to!)

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all in need......

Monique
November 19th, 2015, 09:09 AM
Good morning friends.

A VERY soggy start to the day here today. The temperatures have risen, but the rain has come with it. Not sure what the day will bring yet, but I do have to serve at the church supper tonight. I am on the last shift so I can maybe come home with some leftovers.

I did not do a whole lot yesterday. I did make a "pee pad" to use for my mother-in-law on her bed at night. I need to make another one. I have one cut out and ready to quilt.

So there is a whole lotta nuttin goin on.

Ginny B
November 19th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Good morning all. Oh, Blondie, you sure did make me smile with that movie clip. It's amazing how sometimes I can't remember where I left my favorite scissors but could remember every word, every inflection of that song -- and yes, I did sing along. Thanks for a wonderful start to the day. What a great movie.

Yesterday was a real busy day for me both at work and at home. I got the bathroom cleaned, the kitchen swept up and a tablerunner started before work. Work was quite busy with a special Thanksgiving luncheon smack dab in the middle of it. I really enjoyed attending that luncheon at one of our program sites and the individuals that attend there were so happy to have us there as their guests. Very special day.

Waiting for the rain to start here later today so maybe it will leave you Blondie and you can get some of that liquid sunshine.

Have a good day everyone. I will be humming "Camelot" all day - which is not a bad song to be having running around your brain all day.

songbird857
November 19th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Good morning my lovelies :)
Blondie - you sure were up early! You need to get more rest so your immune system gets back up to snuff! Thanks for the clip!
I just found The Music Man at the library... not the Robert Preston one, but a live recording of the broadway version with Matthew Broderick - looking forward to watching it with my DD.
I bought some curtains yesterday to replace the old, faded ones in the living room. Well, actually, I set out to just buy the sheers that go behind them. Puppy got excited about something out the window about a month ago and put her lovely little paw through one of them - no worries - they were so faded that the pretty little green leaves scattered on them were no longer green, but had faded to a brownish color! I think I bought them shortly after we moved in 13 years ago!!
Anyway, I went just to buy sheers, then started looking at all the lovely grommeted curtains, and figured hubby would appreciate an upgrade ;) Kohls was having a sale, plus I had a 30% off coupon, so it was a good time to do it. Got some simple sheers and some pretty dark blue solid curtains - well, only trouble is, at night they are a bit too translucent! Fine if we lived out in the boonies - not so much in the city ;) So, I went to Kohls online last night and found some room darkening ones in pretty much the same color. Not available in the store, so I ordered them - I'll return the other blue ones... I will have to shorten them a bit, as 84" puts about 5" of curtain on the floor.
So, not to sound like a broken record or anything - but today will be more sewing. I've just about finished sewing 15 muslin sacks and outer 'pillowcases' for heating pads. I'll finish those up today, along with filling the 4 remaining I Spy bags. Then I have already picked out some more fabric for microwave bowls (I really must stop giving those things away ;))... then I'm not sure what will be next!! Boy, am I chatty today - ok. being quiet now ;)
I hope everyone has a fabulous day...

Bubby
November 19th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Morning....We found out last night we will be getting houseguests today through tomorrow. He is one of Jeff's childhood friends and he has a girlfriend with him. They live the high life traveling around the world with new shoe designs. Scott is a designer and salesperson. He wants to take us out for dinner this evening and didn't know what to say when Jeff told him there is no place to eat out in our town....this should be interesting....lol!

I'm off to the grocery store, as I'm sure I will have to feed our guests dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I was up early and got side tracked checking out some of the web sites in Blondie's Christmas in July post, I picked up a few ideas about money gifts for grandkids.

I wasn't feeling great yesterday so DH did a quick food shopping by himself and a quick exchange at Kohl's. Feeling better today so we'll go to supermarket together so I can pick out the turkey and supplies for holiday baking. Thinking maybe a turkey breast this year as it will be DH ad I and maybe DS#1 on Thanksgiving but then a whole turkey makes better gravy. Decisions, decisions! Need to make DS#1's fave cake as his Bday is 12/1. He will be 60! DS#2 is 58 and DS#3 turns 50 later in Dec. How can that be?

Sending everyone a Big Smile this morning. 121466

ceiliam
November 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Morning all. Yesterday was a wash. Had a migraine so nothing got done . hope to finish a baby quilt and bound and need to get Binding done on COC. Sorry Blondie I am so slow.
Hope to clean house also (seems like a waste of time).
Hope all is well with all and you have a great day. Cecelia

songbird857
November 19th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Thinking maybe a turkey breast this year as it will be DH ad I and maybe DS#1 on Thanksgiving but then a whole turkey makes better gravy. Decisions, decisions! 121466
I vote for the whole (small) turkey! Turkey soup, turkey pot pie, day after thanksgiving sandwhiches with stuffing... Etc... Turkey freezes very well. A few years ago, I made 3 or 4 turkey pot pies and froze them - it was lovely to pull those out of the freezer and just bake them!!

SewnByBee
November 19th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Good MORNING.

Trying tiring get up and at it, well, it will be one of those day's, some days are hard to get myself moving, the weather charging, I guess.

Wanted to wish you all a blessed day, happy quitting.

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2015, 11:39 AM
I vote for the whole (small) turkey! Turkey soup, turkey pot pie, day after thanksgiving sandwhiches with stuffing... Etc... Turkey freezes very well. A few years ago, I made 3 or 4 turkey pot pies and froze them - it was lovely to pull those out of the freezer and just bake them!!

Good ideas - think a whole turkey wins out!

JCY
November 19th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Good Morning, All. The sun is shining here. It was only 26 deg. & a heavy frost this morning. Colder weather is in the forecast. My DS is traveling today from Seattle to Denver for a 2 wk. visit. I hope to see him this Sat. They've had severe weather in the Pac. N.W. The news last night reported gale force winds in Spokane with many trees down, power outages, & 3 people killed from falling trees. Earlier in the week it was bad in the Seattle area, too. Just need good weather today for safe travels.

Yest. a.m. was Bible Study Fellowship, after which I ran errands. I haven't been getting much sewing done lately, but hope to remedy that today. I've been looking through my finished quilt tops to see which one I want to sandwich & quilt next.

My thoughts & prayers are with my former SIL Sherry & her son Pete. Chuck's memorial service will be at their church on Sat. a.m. He's been cremated. At least they had some good conversation together prior to his brain surgery. He told her he didn't think he'd make it for their wedding anniv. next mo., which turned out to true. At least now, he is experiencing the ultimate healing & is enjoying Heaven.

Have a good day, Everyone.

SallyO'Sews
November 19th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Blondie!! So nice to see you this morning! It's almost not morning anymore, but I finally got to a point where I can take a break and check in. Hope everyone has a beautiful Thursday!

rebeccas-sewing
November 19th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Richard Harris would be rolling over in his grave right about now to know Richard Burton gets credit for this film clip. hahaha

KPH
November 19th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Good Morning All,
It's going to be a glorious day. Picked out the next row of hexies to sew on the growing quilt top. It's over half the bed now. Sooner or later, it will get done.
Started just stitching in the ditch on my Good Night Irene to get things stabilized.
Waiting on DH to get off the phone. He wants ham for dinner and the only ham I have in the freezer is a company sized shank. So, we'll be off to pick up something more appropriate for the three of us to enjoy.
Tomorrow, with good weather, we'll be taking one of mom's sofas to one of DH's aunts. She's tired of hers and I've never really liked the big florals in the living room. It will be going to a good home. When it's gone, it will be the perfect time to paint the living room and buy a new sofa.
Have a great day!

Kat Smith
November 19th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Good Morning all, it started in Saskatchewan yesterday and blew in here (Winnipeg) last night and it is heading east today. That's right it's winter and the snow has finally started. Roads are slippery and there is about 3 inches of the stuff on the ground. Just looked out the window and it is snowing again and blowing at 62 km/h and the humidity is 80%, so we are in for more of it. Not really complaining though, we made it this far with wonderful weather and it is suppose to be a nice winter. Just can't figure out why it's such a shock every year!!?
Have a wonderful day everyone, keep warm, (unless you are somewhere hot) be careful on the roads, you know how everyone forgets how to drive that first snowfall. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Kathy

Navy Wife
November 19th, 2015, 03:49 PM
We had the rain and wind yesterday, Blondie. Today is a beautiful sunny day, with temp in the 60's. Not a cloud in that rain washed sky, and the Smokies are out in all their beauty. How can I not be a happy camper?