PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Night Owl

kimsophia
November 19th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hoot hoot! How are you? I just took my buddy home as we stayed up to watch the Bulls game which they won! Yay, Hoiberg! My secret boyfriend...so secret in fact, even he doesn't know about it...lol

Well some of you wanted to see my Amish doll so I took photos of it and the pincushion that are up in my photo album, but here's one:

stationarymom
November 19th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Hoot luckily it's dry here in my nest but it's supposed to be cold again tonight.Your doll is cute and the embroidery came out really nice.I think even I could handle the embroidery,since it has bigger stitches.

MomGram
November 19th, 2015, 03:37 AM
They are both cute. Went to the movies with my sister tonight. Planed to see Mocking Jay part 2. There was a special 4:30pm show. We purchased our tickets got some snacks then went over to wait to be seated. Only then did we notice it was a double feature. Part one and part two. We stayed but made for a much longer night out. Excellent conclusion to the series.

kimsophia
November 19th, 2015, 03:38 AM
Yep, I am sure you could! If you want the pattern just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

pcbatiks
November 19th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Hello night owls. I stayed up a little while to work on grinch blocks but I'm getting tired and need to stop before I make a mistake.

By the way........Craftsy has a bunch of classes for $14.99 right now. Not sure how long it last.

Good night.

Andrea F
November 19th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Good morning night owls!

I'm about to head to work after lying down again for a while to wait until my vision got clear again and now the headache is starting. I hate migraines, but I have to go to work today no matter what because I have my seminar at noon. I divided the class in two today and we're going to do a meditation exercise. I'm teaching a class about mindfulness this semester. It's my favourite class so far and I think the students like it too.

Kim, your embroidery is so nice and I love the doll! Is there a pattern for the doll?

Have a good night and I see you later :)

kimsophia
November 19th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Andrea, there is a doll pattern but I'm not sure how accurate it is. You see, the kit pattern sheet was partially cut out and some pieces inside it were hand drawn on lined notebook paper. The doll pattern was drawn shaped like a gingerbread man and it the clothes from their patterns don't fit it well. The photo on the kit shows the doll looking thinner and with a smaller, rounder head. So I'm not quite sure if that hand drawn pattern for the doll was incorrect or if I over stuffed it, or what is wrong. I still like it but it doesn't look like the photo on the kit.

Carol336
November 19th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Morning Owl here.....awake at 4:15 - one more time!!!

Kim - your doll and pillow is really cute....I don't know if I would have even attempted it with that crazy pattern. Some little girl is gonna love her.

I was really disappointed in the fabric selection at the new Walmart yesterday...only 1 small isle of fabric and one ender with about 6 christmas fabrics, so needless to say I didn't get much there. But - I have about an hour to kill between work and a dr appt, and there just happens to be a Hancock Fabric between the two - so guess what I'm gonna be doing for that hour....God is good!!!!

I'm seeing a Foot Dr today. I don't know what I did to my left foot, but the top of the foot near the outside ankle hurts like the devil. It started about a week ago and is getting progressively worse...so much so that I'm having trouble walking. Getting old is sure a pain in the patookis!!! Add to that, we like to dance and are in the middle of lessons right now and I've had to miss one class - can't let DH get ahead of me - LOL.

Andrea - hope your migraine is easing up

Hope you're all sawing logs by now

kimsophia
November 19th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Actually I'm watching "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" on Sundance Channel, but I'll be going to bed soon. :)

MayinJerset
November 19th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Kim, Thanks for the photo of your latest project, the doll and pincushion are great.
Can't believe I slept through the night with no potty calls until 5:30am! That hasn't happened in a long time. Now I'm up for the day and better get some coffee going.

Andrea,hope the migraine lessened by the time you got to work, your class sounds interesting.

Blondie
November 19th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Love the chicken scratch pin cushion - the little amish doll is adorable as well.