PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday that feels like Friday

Blondie
November 18th, 2015, 07:49 AM

Good Morning, Folksies!
Another day starting out. Had to work yesterday afternoon and once I got there I picked up a few more appts for the weekend. Last night was leftover lasagne for dinner. Today I will be making barbq out of leftover pork. Mom will most likely share our dinner before church. Yep. It feels like today should be Friday. I am NOT wishing my days away. Really I am not. It is just the old song and dance of I can't believe we are in the middle of the week, in the middle of November and I want to just turn the clock back a little bit.
Luscious is slowly getting rid of this bug. I still have a bit of my cough and so have told him his will last for a few more weeks. Just keep taking the meds and for goodness sakes, listen to me. I hate that he can't sleep good because of that. He has been sleeping sitting up in the LR because if he lies down the coughing is worse.

Yesterday at work, a few more of my "monthly" clients met little Beauregard the poodle. They have become almost as smitten with little Beau as I am. he will simply sit in one of the chairs in the salon and watch everything. Not a bark or whimper. I told one of my ladies that he is most likely glad they are getting groomed and not him. haha. I have taken a brush and comb to him - never having owned a poodle before I am unsure of the grooming stuff. We do want his hair to grow out so he doesn't look so foo foo - and we also realize that he will need regular grooming. I need to take a pic of this special little man. Anyone here who has owned a poodle, please feel free to pm me with tips on grooming. I need no tips on loving him. LOL!!

This morning, my alternate life son, Ricky, aka middle son's best friend, will be coming over to get caught up watching The Walking Dead with me. We are a few weeks behind, thank goodness for dvr's! The last one I saw made me so upset I am not sure I want to continue watching it but then, it is my night time soap with zombies in it. If I keep that perspective I won't be throwing the remote at the tv in a fit of rage.

Off to get another cuppa. Find something that will make you not only smile today, but something to be grateful for.
Today I know I will be grateful that I am at the sandwiching of a crazy quilt I have been making out of ties. I will tell you more of that debacle another day - as in it is the fugliest quilt I have ever made. Seriously.

Carol336
November 18th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Good morning Blondie - Wow I love saying that again!!!! Glad to hear Luscious is feeling better.....hate it when my "boy" is sick.

I'm filling in at our church office this week while our regular secretary is out for foot surgery. It's only 8:30 to noon....so I still have plenty of play time. Today I'm heading in early at stopping at Walmart for some christmas fabric .... I'm hooked on those tree table runners and want to bang out a ton of them for christmas gifts.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B
November 18th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Good morning all. This week/month is sure flying by. So much that I want to do and I'm still not feeling 100%. I am making progress on my to do list but not as quickly as I'd like.

Onward and upward. I'll see what I can accomplish before work. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone. Be well and safe.

Bubby
November 18th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Morning Everyone....We had a wild day yesterday with the storm, but it has passed by. I know we have lots of limbs down and at one point I thought our patio furniture was going to blow away. Jeff had a hard time keeping the Yukon on the road on the way home from work. We got 4.25" of rain.

I'm not sure of my plans for today. The beautiful antique mall and tea room are closing their doors next month. That has been my favorite lunch spot since they opened. They will be missed.

I need to work on Christmas items today. Wishing everyone a great day.

Plentziana
November 18th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Good morning, really today is midweek for me because on Saturday and Sunday are my days of goin out and being with the family, because during the week Im alone with my cats,my DH leaves at 7 for work and my daughter and granddaughter work and study so that Blondie are already in midweek, Im glad your DH feel better and can work and be a great joy to be able to leave home and forget some of their disconfort, I hope that everyone has a good day and enjoy life, greetings and prayers for all these wonderful people

Jean Sewing Machine
November 18th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Hi friends! We are soggy here, but the rain has passed. But the weatherman keeps saying the "S" word for the weekend. Ick!

Since I got my new embroidery machine in May, I've had just small opportunities to work with it. There are a lot of great built in designs, and I've used a lot of them to make quilt blocks, embroidery on aprons and pillows. But I wanted to master downloading designs from internet sources and converting them to formats that my machine could read. Yesterday was the day! I had to gather stuff from all over the house to make it work ( where did I put that new thumb drive?). It ended up being a very simple process that I was just not sure I had all the necessary components! I had wanted to get designs from Urban Threads, so I bought 3 designs, and very successfully sewed out one very cool Santa. Isn't he cute?
Now I'm so excited to try more! I am going to use these for pillows that I will put into my daughter's craft stall.

Off to do more embroidery! Have a great day!

Grandma Nan
November 18th, 2015, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone. This month is just racing by and I feel like I am on a bit of a carnival ride. I always like the thoughts and the Hallmark version of the American Thanksgiving time but I am glad ours is behind us in October rather than now. I am getting old but with the starting of the Christmas season, I am glad I don't have to jam in Thanksgiving as well. But I am so envious when I watch the Macy's parade etc and wish it were our Thanksgiving. I am beginning to see a circular pattern here in the conversation. I am a big THANKSGIVING person and less so on Christmas. I think because we have allowed Christmas to become so commercial and believe me I am in that trap too but trying to decrease expectations. Its not easy.

Blondie we had a black miniature poodle for years named Louis pronounced loo-eee. He was the perfect dog. So smart and affectionate. I have never wanted another dog since he died. AND if I were to get another dog it would be a poodle. As far as grooming we used to take him out but he did not get the froo-froo cut he was more like a little wooly black lamb.

Doing some shopping with my sister today then I am house bound to finish my sewing for Christmas and all the other household things that come with that. I am happily hosting several holiday events (groups of 10, 12, 10) plus Christmas lunch (20) this year but with that comes a bit of work. I also have to get the decorations up too but one day at a time and it will all come together.

Have a great day.

songbird857
November 18th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Morning everyone :)
Beautiful, crisp, morning here. Same stuff today - cleaning and sewing, along with the usual :)
I'm looking forward to next week, when my daughter's friend arrives. They are both so excited! This is the friend from Hawaii, with whom my daughter spent two weeks last January. She is in college in New York, and will be spending Thanksgiving break with us - I'm pleased as punch to have her. I did tell my daughter that it means a better housecleaning than we've been doing ;)
I hope everyone has a great day - hugs for those who need them...

dwil23
November 18th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Good Morning, all!

I took last night off so that I could spend today cleaning house and getting ready for Thanksgiving. My sewing area(S) are complete disasters. I am also trying to get a 2 sided table runner done for a gift for this weekend. I finally finished the fall side. I did 3 maple leaf blocks - but not the standard nine patch one. It was a bear! I had been planning a whole quilt with that block, now I know I will have to find a better method for making those corner blocks! I have the center Christmas block made, now not sure I want to do what I had planned for the other two. Decisions. Decisions.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow!! YAY Thursday! My friend Deborah, my DD and I are finally making our across state trip to Rockledge where one of my favorite quilt shops is. We have been planning this for two years and something always comes up. Since we are all fans of most anything pumpkin, we will make our first stop at Denny's for Pumpkin Pecan Pie Pancakes before hitting the road. I truly don't need much of anything, but it will be fun. DD loves to pack those scrap bags and they have always had "good pickins" in their basket. I have realized that my stash is very short of red-burgundy fabrics, so I may add some there. Of course, I am sure some other bolts will magically find their way to the cutting table, too.

Well, I had better get busy. I want to get my cleaning done and then finish this table runner from #&)( so that I can cut out some pillowcases and have ready to stitch when I have a few minutes.

Hope you all have a Blessed Day !

Iris Girl
November 18th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Morning all day off today. Finished up a runner from a panel that gifted to me from a dear friend. The month is going very fast. Had a few Dr appts and have a upcoming minor surgery to deal with next week. Other then that nothing new here. This is the busy time at work and the crazies that only come out once or twice a year are about.
Blondie it is so good to have you back! Have a good day all!

MayinJerset
November 18th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Coffee time for me while seeing what everyone is up to today. For DH and I it's a Big Food shopping. I've taken stock of what's in the freezer and pantry to see what we need and also to check on what additional supplies needed for holiday cooking and baking. Once food supplies are bought and put away I want to start a baby quilt and also run up a few large mug rugs for our desks and TV room tables. I like to coordinate the mug rugs with the dcor of the rooms they so they look attractive while being so useful.

Monique
November 18th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Good morning friends. Blondie, no matter what, you always make smile.

Nancy, I too am glad that our Thanksgiving is done with. I need to get moving on Christmas stuff.

I am hoping to get some quilting in today.

Have an awesome day friends.

MRoy
November 18th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Good morning! Today I must vacuum and straighten up the studio. I've got quilty friends coming Friday to see my studio and quilting setup and I'd rather they not see how messy I can be in the middle of a project. I'll leave the quilt I'm working on unfinished so they can see how my setup works while they're here.

DH and I will have a small Thanksgiving with just the two of us. Except for some perishables and snack items, I think I've got all the groceries I need for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I need to make run to town for DH this morning before the rain and wind arrives. Have a great day!

susie i
November 18th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Good morning all!The rain has finally stopped ,now just cloudy and cool.I need to take Mother to target,pick up a few groceries ,then back home and hopefully finish up the Christmas table runner I've been working on for my son and his wife.I'm sure I will have plenty of help from my youngest furry baby,Milo jude,who is always "helping" me with my sewing projects!

mischiefkat
November 18th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Good Morning All,
I have been up since 6:30 this morning. DH and I went to the Wally for baking supplies, got milk at Walgreens, stopped at CVS for meds ( will go back later only pharmacist there and he was doing everything poor guy ) and stopped at the grocery. We were back here by 8:30. Still need to go to the Dollar Store for a couple of things. We'll do that when DH comes back from his volunteer job. I dislike shopping with a passion. Go to the Wally and grocery at the crack of dawn when it's still pretty empty, few "crazies"
Going to work on more table runners today. They are addictive . I sent the 1st one to my sister. Have 3 more in varying stages of being put together.
Leftovers for supper that way once I do start sewing later today, I don't have to stop and cook. Just reheat in the microwave.
Iris your table runner is really cute. Have a Good Day everyone. Kathy

EnumclawGramma
November 18th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Good Morning! I don't know where I've been, but I've missed a few days here and now I see BLONDIE'S back!? Clearly, I need to get back on the forum morning coffee breaks so I can keep caught up! Welcome back dear sweet Blondie. Love you, missed you, don't do that again! ;-)

I am not ready for Thanksgiving. I think this holiday has really snuck up on me for some reason. Faster than most years. This is the first Christmas in many that I won't have most of my kids here. It'll be DH and I, DD and my DGD. (you all got that, right?) I'm almost up for a trip to someplace warm for the holiday since there are so few of us! We'll see how that idea goes over.

Big storm here yesterday. We dodged the brunt of it, oddly. Usually we get hit harder than folks in town. Our power only flickered, it was actually kinda cozy. First real storm of the season. We did get some SNOW Saturday morning. Woke up to it, and you could have knocked me over with a feather! I didn't hear them predict it!

I need more coffee, so I'm going to say have a wonderful day. Smile. Hug someone.....randomly and for no reason! Hugs and Prayers all 'round.

Quiltfreestyle
November 18th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Good morning all
Wow, everyone seems to be working on table runners, & I am too. I've never made any before but I'm really enjoying this. I'm going to be making more in the future. So far I have made one for my son & his wife (fabric is chilies, onions, garlic & tortilla chips) this one is more of a family joke, since my son makes homemade salsa that is killer hot. Everyone loves it but me, can't take that much spice. .
I've done another of fall color maples leaves in batiks for my DIL's mother. She is a very dear lady who loves my youngest son almost as much as I do.
This has been a year of major changes at our house, I've retired & had some trouble adjusting to that, my DH has had several new health problems crop up, our youngest son & family left our area to move to Oregon so we have no really close relatives in the area any more... this is the first year since we married that we won't be hosting a large Thanksgiving dinner. In fact it's very upsetting that we will be all alone this year. I've convinced my DH to attend our Parish Thanksgiving feast rather than spend the day by ourselves. I'm pretty sure some of our friends will be attending
Have a great day all & count your blessings. I'm sure if you do, you'll see how very many there are.

GrammaBabs
November 18th, 2015, 12:04 PM
This is about the cutes table runner i ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:))
Morning all day off today. Finished up a runner from a panel that gifted to me from a dear friend. The month is going very fast. Had a few Dr appts and have a upcoming minor surgery to deal with next week. Other then that nothing new here. This is the busy time at work and the crazies that only come out once or twice a year are about.
Blondie it is so good to have you back! Have a good day all!

irishrn
November 18th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Morning all. Quick hello and hugs to all who need them!
DH fell asleep so I have a few minutes because I wanted to thank all for their help with the Christmas quilt for my DD. Yesterday I cut each strip set into 6 inch blocks. And after laying it out on the guest room bed it is going to be so pretty. Pictures to follow when I finally get the top sewn, but that will be in days to come!!!
I need to get some microwave bowl hotpads done too. Time getting short!!

Take care all! Happy hump day!

SewnByBee
November 18th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Good Morning to yourself all.
I sure appreciated the input on baby quilt yesterday, I went through some fabrics, I do have some that will work and came up with a few ideas on what I would liik e to make,(add to my bucket list, lol). Still planning though, so give me a suggestion (pM) if you think of one I should consider.One idea I LOVE is a Play Mat, with colorful
animals to explore.. I think it would fun.

I don't know where to find waterproof material. Does anyone know if M* Carrie this ? I've yet to see it.

Well, t time for a little more COFFEE.

Hope you ALL have a BLESSED DA Y121367

KPH
November 18th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Good Morning all.

6 boxes of 'stuff' from the attic gone through and most of it purged. Games from childhood days at grandma's house are missing lots of pieces. Pieces are going to make their way to school for the art teacher that worked across the hall, while the game boards are going to be framed and hung. Parcheesi anyone?

quiltingtrish
November 18th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Well I was having a great day but got a tad bummed when I heard that my BFF broke her hip this morning. And, that's all I know. Trying to get a hold of her husband who is on his way back from Las Vegas (he flew out there yesterday as a head mechanic to private pilots and wasn't supposed to return until Friday). My girlfriend is an hour and a half away or else I would be there for her, thinking of taking off on Friday or perhaps just driving down over the weekend to see how she is getting along. Even if I would drive down tonight, with her getting out of surgery she is probably groggy and not tolerate visitors very well at this point.
The good news is I am in the middle of working on a quilt for her. Guess I better get it layered and quilted!

judimccl
November 18th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Love the runner - great job!

aliaslaceygreen
November 18th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Blondie, it is good to see you back! I am still fighting that lingering cough that everyone seems to have; it's taken my motivation along with it. But. I have been working on some Christmas presents, and I have just about gotten my Christmas Photo A Day set up and hopefully ready to run smoothly...
Rainy days off are not good for getting myself moving but I do feel like I accomplished a lot today!!!

Take care, all...

alliek
November 18th, 2015, 11:19 PM
This is the end of the day, spent it shopping and cleaning and had a repairman in for the counter. I AM tired, I just hope I can sleep tonight. I had a terrible time last night. Tomorrow we are going to experience (according to the weather people) a deluge. So i will spend it trying to finish up the house for Thanksgiving and my mom's 100th birthday bash. I am tired of food shopping and planning, planning, planning. I know it is ALL good, and when I'm not tired will appreciate the days and preparation. I too wish Thanksgiving was earlier in the month or maybe in October. Not going to happen I know. Put out the pilgrims and turkeys, put them away the next day and pull out the wreaths and trees. LOL. Have a beautiful tomorrow my friends.