PDA

View Full Version : Night Owling Again

kimsophia
November 18th, 2015, 02:45 AM
Hootie hoot! How are yoooou?

I had my mammogram today and I had a SMASHING good time! lolol Yes, I wait every two years to say that joke! :D

I am finishing up the hair on the Amish doll. I installed a ribbon along her hair line so her forehead doesn't look weird. I bought a lot of cross stitching fabric today so I have some of that to look forward to t his winter...I had to go back to Jo-Ann's though as they rang up the wrong number of canvasses this afternoon...so I got 11 bucks back. Whoo!

What's up in your tree? @,@

MayinJerset
November 18th, 2015, 04:24 AM
HOOTY HOOT TO YOU. Might not be Hooting for too long tonight as it's cold in my tree, I lost my warm cozy spot as all the leaves are gone. Will have to go hunting for another tree to spend the Winter in, one that has cozy snuggle hole.

Not working on any projects right now but plan to pull some fabrics for a baby quilt as great grandchild #5 is expected in mid February. There won't be a local Baby Shower as granddaughter and her DH live in New Orleans so I thought I'd send the quilt to them at Christmas. That's the only Christmas sewing I plan on doing as I've already gifted Christmas table runners to family and friends. You know I may need to make one for DS#3. Years ago I has made one for him and wife but I don't think he took it with him when they divorced.

Hoot Good Night as I'm heading indoors to warm my tail feathers.

Andrea F
November 18th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Good morning Kim and May and all owls sitting in their tree!

I'm almost ready to go to work. We had a sad and busy weekend. DS2 moved out to the town he attends grad school at, one hour away from us. It'll take a little bit of time to adjust for me, I'm missing my sunny boy. Thankfully our older son is still here. He's delighted to receive my unseparated attention now - not so much, ha ha. We still have a little bit to do in the new appartment next Saturday. More cleaning, getting the curtains in front of the windows, find a narrow washer, buy a new bed...

Hope you find a tree with a warm hole, May! It's kind of stormy here, very windy and it has been raining for days. I want summer back!
Kim, did you post a picture of your Amish doll somewhere? I'd be excited to see one.

Carol336
November 18th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Morning Hoot Owl here.....been up since 4:30. The power went out during the night and all the clocks are blinking. I had to turn on the computer to see what time it actually was.

Kim...ditto what Andrea said.....would love to see a pic of your amish doll.

Hope you find a warm limb May. I'm not too far from you here in MD and it has been a tad chilly lately. Not complaining though, I kind of like it
I'm heading to Walmart on my way to work this am, to pick up some more christmas fabric to make more tree table runnersl.....man are they fun to do. My first one took 2 days, but I can see that with practice I can get that time way down and really crank out several for christmas gifts.

I hope you are all sound asleep by now.

Lightwriter
November 18th, 2015, 07:57 AM
I looked up the Amish embroidery and discovered it was the same thingI knew as "chicken scratch" years ago. We always did it on gingham fabric then. I did several small pieces, but went the direction of counted cross stitch after that. Loved that until my life got busy with children and then my eyes gave out on even the Aida fabric.

I have embroidered, knit, and croheted on and off most of my life. I take it in spells. Quilting is my favorite right now. I havea baby wallhanging I did in counted cross stitch that was rather spectacular I actually finished in the hospital after the birth of DD. She waswrapped in it as we left the hospital and hung on the wall during nurery days. Sad to say stuff hasgotten stored and moved a lot over the years and even though I have been through everything when I revamped the storagearea a couple of yearsago.....I cannot find this piece!! So sad!

Prayers for all the sickness and grief evident lately....and for the rampant fearandunrest in the world. May we find peace in theworld and in our hearts.

kimsophia
November 18th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Yep, "chicken scratch" is one of the terms listed for it...the gingham fabric comes in some larger squared prints, as the tutorial on YouTube showed, if your eyes would like that better :)

Okay, I took some photos and DH uploaded them for me so look in my "Amish Doll" album on my profile here to see them! :)