PDA

View Full Version : My son Jacob

cyndiofthevortex
November 17th, 2015, 12:26 PM
In my post about my brother Tommy a few days ago, I mentioned that one of my sons is very sick. It is Jacob.

I fear he is suicidal. I don't know how to reach him. He is seeing a doctor today. Please, please pray for my son. He is completely hopeless and I have to ask him every day if he is going to hurt himself. I feel great fear. He is 29 years old so I cannot make him get help, only encourage him. Pray for his safety, for wisdom from this doctor and for the right course of action to be clearly seen to save him from the dark pit he has been living in.

EsGrandma
November 17th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Praying for you and your son

GrammaBabs
November 17th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Indeed i will... I hope this Doctor recognizes the pain and gets him to a place of help.... having been in a similar situation with my own son (one where his life was at stake),,, i'm feeling so close to you right now... Please know i will pray as hard as i can for you and the family. Hugs, of support... Barbara

KPH
November 17th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Praying for comfort, peace and wisdom.

SuzyQue
November 17th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Prayers said here, too. Prayers for Jacob, wisdom of the doctors, and for peace for you. God knows what you all need.He will provide. Take a deep breath and hold on. This, too, shall pass. Spoken as a friend and someone who has walked a very similar path already.

asta
November 17th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Prayers for Jacob. (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) for you Cyndi.

RiverMomm
November 17th, 2015, 01:06 PM
My prayers to both you and your son. I hope the visit to the doctor is the turning point for your son and he can start a path out of his darkness.

And please Cyndi, take time for yourself. You have been through so much, it is important to take care of YOU too!

rebeccas-sewing
November 17th, 2015, 01:07 PM
We're praying hard for you and your family, Cyndi.

mommamarsh
November 17th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Prayer and healing thoughts for your son. I have dealt with depression for many years and I understand his pain. A book,"The greatest miracle in the world " by Og Mandino pulled me back from the edge and I keep a copy or 2 (to share).That and taking my medication keeps me going . Hopefully the doctor will understand and help. Also,the book "A season in Hell" can help in understanding depression and suicidal thoughts. I wish you all peace and strength .

laura44
November 17th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Prayers for you and your son. I know what you are going thru.

alliek
November 17th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Cyndi, praying now and Jacob will be in our family prayers. I am praying for you as well. I can only imagine your anguish. I wish I could reach out and physically hug you. I am with my heart and mind. (((())))

pcbatiks
November 17th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Cyndi......I'm adding my prayers & hugs too. As the other forum friends have mentioned....for wisdom of the doctors, for peace for Jacob & peace and comfort for you and your family. Remember that your forum family loves you.

MRoy
November 17th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Cyndi, Jacob and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzette
November 17th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Cyndi, praying for your son, and for you. Nothing hurts us more as parents than when our children are hurting. Hugs!

songbird857
November 17th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Lord, I pray right now that you would reach down into the darkest place in Jacob. Speak to his soul - let him know You are here. In the precious name of Jesus - Amen.

Cyndi - praying. Hugs to you and praying for some relief for this very difficult time.

YellowCockatiel
November 17th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Praying for you, Jacob and the doctors.

cyndiofthevortex
November 17th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Jacob just left for his doctor appointment. It is at 2 pm, in about 1/2 an hour. Oh, Lord, guide this doctor with your wisdom.

Monique
November 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Cyndi, I pray that he gets the help he needs.

mommadeb
November 17th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Prayers for you and your son.

MayinJerset
November 17th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Jacob just left for his doctor appointment. It is at 2 pm, in about 1/2 an hour. Oh, Lord, guide this doctor with your wisdom.

Cindy, I think it is a good sign that he is on his way to the doctor, adding my prayers that this doctor gets Jacob on his way to a better place.

Kat Smith
November 17th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Dear Cindy,
I checked back and noticed that most of the comments are from forum members who have been here for awhile and I hope you don't mind a kinda newbie commenting. I guess I just wanted you to know ( if I may be so bold as to speak for others) that even newer members feel your pain and have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please be assured that the Lord has a plan and he has not forgotten you and yours, he is there with you and has his loving arms around you. When it is darkest we need to exercise our faith and look for his peace.
Thinking of you
Kathy

Bubby
November 17th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Cyndi....I'm praying for Jacob. I know what torment this is for you and your family. (((HUGS))) and loads of prayer.

cyndiofthevortex
November 17th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Jacob has just returned home from his appointment. The doctor has made a slight change in his medication and is seeing him again in two weeks.

I don't feel very encouraged about this. I sure hope this is the right path.

quiltingtrish
November 17th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Cyndi - I am praying for your son. I can't imagine the turmoil you are going through. Wish I could hug you too.

SewnByBee
November 17th, 2015, 08:24 PM
My heart breaks for you Cyndi, I too will continue to pray for you both, may he stay safe and may you find the strengthen you must need,and all that you need.

easyquilts
November 18th, 2015, 12:07 AM
This is do scary for you.... Praying for your son, and for his doctor..... I hope you have someone to talk to about this..... And thst your previous child will get the help he needs...

auntiemern
November 18th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Prayers for your son that he finds the help he needs. Prayers for you and the rest of your family as well.

kensington
November 18th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Jacob has just returned home from his appointment. The doctor has made a slight change in his medication and is seeing him again in two weeks.

I don't feel very encouraged about this. I sure hope this is the right path.

Maybe you need to consult another Dr? Have you called a suicide hotline and asked them what to look for? I think I would do that. They might be able to give you some clues that will give you peace about what to do next. God Bless.

Grandma Nan
November 18th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Cyndi, praying you get the help you need.

stationarymom
November 18th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Prayers for your son.I will keep you in my thoughts also.

Juliet Taylor
November 18th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Dear cyndi, I'm sending you all my most positive thoughts and vibe in such a difficult moment.

I'm 29 yrs old and if at 20 I did not have the luck to meet the love of my life (aka my husband) I would have probably succeded in killing myself after a few tries and an episode of self-harm (of which I still have the scars on my arm).

I'm sorry I can't help since I'm very very far away but maybe if your son wants to talk to someone close to his age and that had similar problem, I'm here. I'm adding my email address on my profile, just in case you'd need it

Ginny B
November 18th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Cyndi, prayers for your son and, of course, for you and the doctor too.

JCY
November 18th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Feeling your pain & concern. By all means, Jacob needs to be in counseling. My DH has suffered depression off & on through the years. Back in '89 he had a breakdown at work. His co. sent him to a psychologist. He was out on medical for several wks. DH underwent many weeks of cognitive therapy & also was on medication. So much of depression is due to negative thought patterns we've established over the years. The combo. of therapy & meds would be better than just meds. alone. Depression definitely is a treatable disease. Hoping & praying things get better soon. Suicide is a one-way street; it's a permanent solution for a temporary problem. I hope Jacob gets to the right dr. who can help him through this difficult time. Hang in there. Keep us updated.

judimccl
November 18th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Oh Cyndi - so sorry to read this. I will pray for God to watch over him and also to wrap his arms around you and give you some comfort during this terrible time. I'm also sending a big hug for you.