PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning

Blondie
November 17th, 2015, 08:02 AM

Hello Folksies!

First off I will say thank you once again for the warm welcome back. I have been on the internet since 1996 - that is fairly long time - had computers long before then - have been through dial up, satellite, cable and all the previous over again - there is nothing like being without the internet. As in nothing. So, my dears. Thank you. It is good to be back.

Okay, so yesterday I told you that Luscious was a bit under the weather. He did make it to the dr's and without a lot of fanfare and drumrolling, he was given meds for acute bronchitis and acute sinusitis. Now, there are a few things I would like to share about the big man. He is a very letter of the law kinda fella. He likes boundaries. So, up until he went to the dr visit, he was feeling fair to middlin' with a cough. He comes home from the dr's and he is dying. I knew that was how it would be; happens everytime. So, if the dr said it was acute, wellsir, he was dying. I was prepared for this. I told him that all the man meant by that was that he was a cutie. See y'all, when I don't feel good, just leave me the heckfire shoot alone. Don't hover, don't do anything. Just let me be. I think men are different because their Ma's hovered. I don't hover. I leave him alone. If he wants hovering, I leave him alone with the dog who hovers very well. I made him some chicken noodle soup, crackers, hot tea with honey, etc. Now the other week when I was so sick, he tried to hover. All I wanted was ritz crackers and ginger ale. For a week that's all I asked for. When I was able to really get up and about and I went into the kitchen - good lawd, y'all! That man cannot cook a peanut butter sammie without dirtying each pot, pan, dish, in the house. I know this because they were all piled up on the counter and sink. When he came home from work I asked him about those dishes. He said he didn't know where to put them if he cleaned them all. He must've thought the fever really blistered my brain. So, I told him. You clean them and I will show you where you found them to begin with. I mean it isn't as if you didn't know where to pluck them from the past 20 years. I can say this with a smile on my face because he is so worth every knicked dish, filthy pan and over flowing sink. So, last night when he looked at me with those baby blues after I cleaned up the kitchen and said, " Baby, have mercy", I sat with him and watched dancing with the stars. And hovered because he taught me how to do that so very well. I can be patient which produces wisdom is you are patient long enough. And wisdom allows you to see just how much that one person means to you even when they have milked that cow dry.

I don't know why I said all the above, but then, I do have a tendency to ramble. Which is like ambling with the letter R in front of it. I believe I will amble over to the salon this afternoon and do some hair and take inventory. Hope y'all have a stellar day, filled with happy thoughts that will bring a smile to your face. I do like to smile. A lot.

auntiemern
November 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Good morning Blondie. I am only up this early because like Lucious, I have this...cough. This week I normally would have stayed in bed, at least on the edge of it, and coughed til it passed. However DH was home for the night, after having tagged a nice 10 pointer Sunday. He needed to get it caped out for the taxidermist, and get the meat processed. He will be going back to the 'big deer woods' this morning.
I have managed to get so little done the past few months...cuz this crud keeps hanging on. Went back to the doc yesterday....he took one look at me and said "oh baby, you are so sick". Now I am sure most of your docs don't speak to you in such a manner, but I was one of his first patients when he went in to practice 30 yrs ago. He has been through half of my life with me, seen the good the bad and the very, very, ugly. Basically what he said after that, was non specified pneumonits. Not gonna call it pneumonia, nor bronchitis because there is no fever, and minimal color. However both lungs were very inflamed, and had a lot of gunk. (ok so that's no technical). They gave me a shot in butt of a different steroid, doxycycline, and has me taking Mucinex DM.
Now on top of that add that the lupus had caused blisters on my tongue prior to this, I could not eat, and barely drink for 2 days. Fortunately I had lidocaine solution that I had been swabbing on to numb it. He has me mixing that with maalox and using it as a mouthwash. I must say it is working.
Enough of my woes...have a blessed and fruitful day...this tired and sick of being sick old lady is going back to bed.

Monique
November 17th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Good morning. AH men! I am the same as you Blondie. Leave me alone if I am sick. It is okay to check once in a while to see if I am still alive. When hubby is 'dying' I leave him alone too.

I never did get quilting yesterday. Our old van will be leaving this week, I hope, so I had to put back the two seats with the help of a neighbour of course. Then I had to lay out the tarp that had been covering it. Then I had to remove the license plate. Then I, then I, and then I. I had to go looking for UFOs for the crafsty contest. Well, then I had to move stuff, then I had to find stuff, then I had to photograph stuff, then I had to put it all back. Then I was tired. Then I needed a nap. Then I didn't feel like quilting any more. Squirrel brain or what!!

This morning is Victoria's Quilts day. I also am taking the van in for a recall. I may visit with a friend this afternoon as well. My cup runneth over some times.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
November 17th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Good morning Blondie. I am only up this early because like Lucious, I have this...cough. This week I normally would have stayed in bed, at least on the edge of it, and coughed til it passed. However DH was home for the night, after having tagged a nice 10 pointer Sunday. He needed to get it caped out for the taxidermist, and get the meat processed. He will be going back to the 'big deer woods' this morning.
I have managed to get so little done the past few months...cuz this crud keeps hanging on. Went back to the doc yesterday....he took one look at me and said "oh baby, you are so sick". Now I am sure most of your docs don't speak to you in such a manner, but I was one of his first patients when he went in to practice 30 yrs ago. He has been through half of my life with me, seen the good the bad and the very, very, ugly. Basically what he said after that, was non specified pneumonits. Not gonna call it pneumonia, nor bronchitis because there is no fever, and minimal color. However both lungs were very inflamed, and had a lot of gunk. (ok so that's no technical). They gave me a shot in butt of a different steroid, doxycycline, and has me taking Mucinex DM.
Now on top of that add that the lupus had caused blisters on my tongue prior to this, I could not eat, and barely drink for 2 days. Fortunately I had lidocaine solution that I had been swabbing on to numb it. He has me mixing that with maalox and using it as a mouthwash. I must say it is working.
Enough of my woes...have a blessed and fruitful day...this tired and sick of being sick old lady is going back to bed.

I hope you feel better soon.

Blondie
November 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Oh Marilyn! You make me almost WANT to hover! Feel better baby girl. And good that you have a dr that is so caring for you. My mother has one of those. They are a blessing. Extra prayers for you being sent up now. Gentle hugs.

Plentziana
November 17th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Good morning Blondie and all forum, I understand what youre saying my husband is the same for the disease, although not often troubled but a month ago he had flu and I had to spend all his time serving you, it looked like a child, as to help me with the house no problem I will educate well and do not mind doing things like sweeping or picking up the kitchen,even I have taught him to cook if Im not home, I think that women also need help , in these almost 50 years together we have learned to share,it seems that I too enjoy writing so send greetings and prayers to those who need it and have a happy day

Ginny B
November 17th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Good morning. Sorry to hear you are so under the weather Marilyn and I hope Luscious gets to feeling better soon and won't need hovering, Blondie. Monique, I read your description of your day yesterday and then I needed a nap too.

I am feeling a bit achy myself. Now I just got over a cold a couple weeks ago so not sure why I should be sneezing and feeling like this again so soon. Ugh. I will just push through and see where this leads.

Found out yesterday that my cousin signed a DNR for her dh yesterday and according to her daughter, they aren't saying just how long they think it will be before Lou goes home but feel it won't be long. sigh My sis called last night and wants to go to see him on Saturday with one of my other cousins who lives out here by me. I hesitate only because I am not sure I want to go in the car with said cousin. I have been in his car before and it stresses me out. So maybe I'll be driving by myself or maybe I can convince my sis to come with me although she already told Bobby she would go with him. Another decision to be made. It's too early.

Right now I just have to decide what to wear to work today. Hugs to all those who are in need of them (and who isn't). Smile and make the best of the day we have been given.

songbird857
November 17th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Blondie, A-Men Sistah!!! When I'm sick jus' leave me alone, but please don't leave me a mess in the kitchen!! That is all I ask. :)
Marilyn - please feel better soon...

Ok, so I ended up not doing a whole lot of sewing yesterday, but I did cut out fabric for a bunch of heating pads. I also ordered some cherry pits to put into them. So many good things being said, I just have to try it for myself. I'll do some with corn, too. If I don't sell alot at the fair, well, I guess my friends will be getting heating pads for Christmas ;)
Thanksgiving next week - yaayyy!! I am cooking - so far for 5, but we'll see if we can't find a stray or two to add to the table ;) It seems as if there is always someone who doesn't have plans or somewhere to be - the more the merrier, that's what the table leaf is for ;)
I hope everyone has a great day...

.... hugs, Ginny :)

quiltingtrish
November 17th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear you gals are still under the weather. I hope you are better soon.
Looks like another beautiful day here in Central Pennsylvania. I am smiling because it's past the smack dab (15th) of November and there still is none of that white stuff around. I won't say 'the word' for it because I don't want to stir up the weather clouds.
After about 3 years, I lost my ride to school on yucky days and will be walking so am not looking forward to the next couple of months. But still fortunate that if I bundle up right, I don't freeze to death while taking a beautiful walk in that stuff for my 30 minute walk.
Off to start the day which I hope is a good one for you all.

Bubby
November 17th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Morning Everyone...

I just made four gallons of laundry detergent and three gallons of softener. The kitchen smells so good.

I'm with you....leave me alone when I'm sick but Jeff is a whole other animal. He was down 13 weeks with his hip and it nearly drove me nuts. I couldn't get six feet away from him. Finally we put the baby monitor in the bedroom where he was and I had the speaker in the sewing room so I could have one hour per day for the computer, paying bills and the forum. His right hip needs to be replaced the first of the year.

Sorry to hear so many of us are sick right now. I have noticed that everywhere I go everyone is coughing and sneezing. Tis the season for colds and flu. Marilyn and LL, I hope you get better quickly.

I'm off to try to make a quick run to the grocery store before the big storm hits. It was black as night most of the day yesterday and rained off and on. Today is supposed to be a monsoon.

I cooked pulled pork, slaw and baked beans yesterday, so we have plenty of leftovers for dinner tonight. Thanksgiving is next week...I can hardly believe how fast this year has flown by.

Special hugs and prayers for our members and families who are dealing with huge life/death issues. I pray that the Lord will give you peace and the wisdom to make decisions. (((HUGS)))

Sandy Navas
November 17th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Fixed up a batch of warm fuzzies for everyone. Looks as if there is a definite need!!

Off to build an ark. Everyone try to stay dry, okay?

MRoy
November 17th, 2015, 10:18 AM

Good morning! Blondie, LL is just being a man. When DH is sick, which is not often thank goodness, he's the sickest man on earth. When I'm sick, he stays away from the house to the point I could die and he might find me later, maybe. LOL! I'd like to be checked on every now and then, thank you!

Marilyn, I hope you get to feeling better really soon. (((HUGS)))

Ginny, sending prayers for comfort for you and your family. Times like these are hard and even harder during the holidays.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. We've got Barb & Sandy's rain headed our way tonight and tomorrow.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 17th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Good morning dear friends! Marilyn, I should have driven down to find you to bring you some homemade chicken soup! I so wish I were a closer neighbor! I hope you can kick this illness and feel better soon!

I, too, am of the mindset to leave me alone in my misery if I am sick. Dear late hubs wanted attention when he was sick. But he was a brave patient when he was being treated for his brain tumor and all that followed that. I think he was a pretty good patient during all of his treatments, a brave guy for sure!

No sewing here either, just for lack of motivation! I hope to change that in an hour!

Have a good day!

auntiemern
November 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
I wish you could have too...but in all honesty with my tongue they way it is, I don't think I could have eaten it....but I would have given it my best shot..
Good morning dear friends! Marilyn, I should have driven down to find you to bring you some homemade chicken soup! I so wish I were a closer neighbor! I hope you can kick this illness and feel better soon!

I, too, am of the mindset to leave me alone in my misery if I am sick. Dear late hubs wanted attention when he was sick. But he was a brave patient when he was being treated for his brain tumor and all that followed that. I think he was a pretty good patient during all of his treatments, a brave guy for sure!

No sewing here either, just for lack of motivation! I hope to change that in an hour!

Have a good day!

ceiliam
November 17th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Morning, Marilyn get feeling better take care of yourself and don't over do. Blondie. Hope LL gets better soon and gets some hoovering to make him happy not so much to make you crazy.
Need to run to Superior Threads today need more thread to finish a baby quilt and also some to work on scrap quilt. Going to meet my sisters and nieces we have been working on wood working projects . plus fun to get together and visit. Rainey and cold here hoping to get the dog out for a walk he hates rain and refuses to do more the go out for his biz when it rains.

Cathy F
November 17th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Morning all,
Welcome back Blondie, you sure we're missed.
Sorry to hear so many are not well. Hope you are all feeling better soon.
Just got home yesterday afternoon from my retreat. Loads of fun and did manage to get a bit of sewing done too. Spent two days at my sister's house, and four days at the retreat and boy did those days seem to fly by!
Today have to get everything back where it belongs, and my machines running again to keep the momentum going. Had both my machines cleaned and serviced while I was at the retreat so they're all set.
Hugs to all in need of a few extra today.

asta
November 17th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Blondie, I am not one to ramble-very often at least-but just wanted to let you know I missed you, glad you are back. Your daily posts give me a giggle or a tear each day.

irishrn
November 17th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Morning all and welcome back Blondie! I saw the Monday post late yesterday and was so happy to see you were OK.
Wishing all who are feeling sick a healthy recovery as soon as possible! We know the women folks just don't have time to be sick around the men folk cause they are dying!
Sewing is intermittent here, depending on what DH is up to for the day. Since its been sunny here he's been outside and so I've had to be nearby to keep an eye on him. Glad he's getting up and about but worry about his wandering.
DH had to stop Aricept due to his having some unexpected rage, especially at me! I think he knew it was wrong but couldn't help it! The smallest thing made him lash out. Much better now that he's off it again!
Just need a rainy day to keep him inside so I can get something done!

Don't get here everyday, so I hope all have a happy Thanksgiving. Hugs to all and safe travels!! :-)

laura44
November 17th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Morning Blonde! My husband is just like yours!
Hope everyone that is sick get better soon. I would take care
of all of you if I could.

alliek
November 17th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Hello Blondie!!!! Missed you yesterday. Welcome Back to us. We sure,sure missed you. I hope you and Luscious regain your good health. It's so wonderful to have someone who cares with you. I too like to curl up and be alone when I'm not feeling great. BUT I also like to know someone who cares is outside that door! Many Blessings to you and your family. Have a lovely,lovely day,

songbird857
November 17th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Need to run to Superior Threads today need more thread...
The fact that you can just hop on over to Superior threads makes me drool a bit.

lindaw724472002
November 17th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Blondie the forum is just not the same without you. The days are a lot brighter with you back here where you belong
. Have you ever thought about writing a book. You have such a way with word you could have a best seller on your hands

MayinJerset
November 17th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Good afternoon, Isn't great that Blondie started today's pops? Seems like old times.

Just back from PT - went feeling pretty weak in the knees but after today's workout my knees have a lot more to complain about. Seriously, today's workout is just what I needed.

Kat Smith
November 17th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I use to have a key chain that said
Men get the Flu,
Children get a cold,
Women....... get on with it!

I think I bought one for every women I knew at the time.

JCY
November 17th, 2015, 05:22 PM
It's already afternoon! No time this a.m. I spent all morning in the kitchen making DH's chicken soup. It made 9 qts., which should last a while.

I can't believe we dodged the bullet of the snow storm. They were predicting 3-6" here, but all we got was a nice soaking of rain. S. Denver, the mts., & the eastern Plains got snow. By noon today the sun came out. Fantastic! I was able to hang my latest baby quilt on the line outside for pic. taking. I finished sewing the binding on yest. afternoon. Will post pics later.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.