PDA

View Full Version : just a little hoot...

Lightwriter
November 17th, 2015, 01:18 AM
I think I am losing my mojo on quilting. Lately everyhing has been a chore and not fun. I keep blaming it on not feeling well.

All the bad news lately has me on the depressed side of life. Can't take antidepressants so I have to rely on my counseling training. Just hard to have yourself as a client.

Hope all feels better andf we can all find peace and love in our life.

kimsophia
November 17th, 2015, 01:28 AM
Sorry you are feeling down, Lightwriter. Being ill is just no fun. I at least can and do take antidepressants which help me. Although anxiety is more my problem than depression these days.

I seem to be drifting back to being awake nights, so that's cool. I'm enjoying hand sewing. It's nice and quiet.

Also, Bulls won! :) By one! Whew!

sewlucky
November 17th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Sorry to hear you are struggling some Connie. I have been there, and it really is no fun. Remember to take good care of yourself, one day at a time.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of this semester, but there's a fair bit of work ahead of the light! Two group projects, but I'm trying to remind myself not to panic - they are only worth 10% and 15% of my mark. We get to review our group mates too, so even if there is a group member who isn't contributing, that shouldn't reflect on ourselves if we are doing our share of the work. One of my assignments has been super fun! I had to make a "pathfinder" or subject guide on a particular topic. I decided to do mine for a public library, and it is a subject guide for people who want to learn to quilt. The hardest part so far has been getting everything lined up in Microsoft Publisher so that it will fold properly (tri-fold brochure style). There are some really nice beginner quilting resources available at the library! I will have to take some of them out just because ;)

I have an interview next Friday at the local Ronald McDonald House for an intern position. They are looking for 5 library students to help set up a parent resource library in the House. Please send me good thoughts and vibes :)

Oh yeah! I spent last Friday hanging out with my friend. We had lunch and shopped three quilt shops and I got her all set up with the fabric for a 3-fabric quilt and then we came back here and got her started cutting, sewing, etc. She has made one other quilt before (with a class at one of our LQS), but it was a few years ago now. She is making a baby quilt for a new great nephew coming, and she is nearly done the quilt top after spending time working on it alone this weekend. Next lessons...basting and walking foot quilting. Today I got my own project underway - all cut out and the half square triangles sewed and trimmed. I just need an afternoon to lay it out and get sewing it together now. It would be good to get it done before my friend is ready for her basting lesson I think...and since it is a Christmas gift for my daughter that has to be mailed across the country, I better get at it!

Terri

easyquilts
November 17th, 2015, 02:30 AM
Don't worry.... Nearly everyone had times like you are experiencing.... It will all come back...

Try looking at dome quilting magazines, or quilts online... I often get real inspiration from Pinterest, or Google... uTube is a great douce of inspiration, you.

Or... Do something else for a bit.... Crochet, knit, paint...whatever you like... Sometimes it actually helps yo take a real break.

Jenny, and her great tutorials...brought me bavk yo quilting, after neatly a year of quilting very little..or not at all. I had gotten into bread baking, and my husband was very sick... Quilting Dort if got pushed aside for a while... But one day, I discovered Jenny, and everything changed.... Precuts...and ?Jenny....brought me bavk...

Good luck yo you..... When the time is right, you will be ready to dive bavk into quilting....

Granny Judy
November 17th, 2015, 04:32 AM
I go thru "spells" of creativity then nothing.. It is like being on a teeter totter. Up and down. The best advise is to just go with the flow. Don't let it upset you.. This is a FUN hobby... emphasis on the HOBBY, tho. I have tons of things I want to make other than quilts, so I mix and mingle projects. Esp right now-- Christmas is coming!!!

judimccl
November 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Connie, I will pray that God wraps his arms around you and gives you some comfort during this depressed time.

judimccl
November 18th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Terri - good thoughts and prayers coming your way. :icon_wave: