PDA

View Full Version : Hello Monday (and you, too) !

Blondie
November 16th, 2015, 08:02 AM

Howdy Doody, Folksies!

It's Me. It's a Monday. It feels pretty freaking marvelous to be here! Thanks to everyone for the emails & phone calls. I feel the love. I have a lot of reading to get caught up with. Y'all sure can talk!

So, how have I been? Hmm, I can always say "50/50, what half do you want to hear about". Being me, I will just say life is just so daily! I have been doing the same things I always do. Just without the internet. You would think that I would have a pile of stuff completed. Not so! We had rain for almost 6 weeks. I did sew some. On machine and hand quilting. I was under the weather for a bit. I would feel okay one day and the next day felt as if I would never feel good again. In fact Luscious is on the way to see the Doc this morning after he gets off the bus because he needs to get some rest and get rid of this cough. I still have the remnants of the cough but that is kinda sorta my allergy bark at this time of year.

Okay, folksies, now on to the good stuff. Middle Son Josh has a new poochie. An adorable mini poodle named Beauregard. He was free/rescue. Poor little Beau had been crated and in a caged kennel. That is until now. Let me say that when a dog has been rescued I don't think they ever forget and are always thankful. I've been puppy sitting him for the past 3 weeks or so, getting him house broken. He is a fast learner. Gracie, our Chi Chi was merely tolerating him the first week, as was my Luscious. They have since been won over by his irrepressible joy of life.

The one thing I've done in the past several weeks is go back to sleep a bit after Luscious leaves for work. Part of that is due to that nasty bug I had, and I have to say, it is not going to become a habit. When I get back up, it's been closer to 7:30 - boy howdy! Half of the day is gone by then!

Oh and I forgot to tell you - little Tyler had his first trick or treat. Despite being under the weather that week, I rallied and made him a costume. He was Robin Hood.

also, my grand, Nora was Kiki the little witch

Now we are all gearing up for the Holidays. We are planning our Thanksgiving, cookie swaps and ultimately Christmas. Like I said, life is so daily. And it does go on. To all here I say, SMILE! It's good to be alive & kicking.
Blessings to each and everyone here. I sure have missed y'all.

dwil23
November 16th, 2015, 08:10 AM
Welcome back, dear friend!

Tyler and Nora are quite adorable. Congrats on the new grand-doggie. You are so right, rescue dogs are so grateful for everything you do for them. Time is flying by...Christmas will soon be here and gone again.

We just got sad news again this morning. Another coworker passed away yesterday. She was late 50's and leaves a son and granddaughter that she adored. This has been a very bad year for us here, hoping next year will be better.

Well, gotta run, hope everyone has a good day - prayers for all in need.....

Blondie
November 16th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Welcome back, dear friend!

Tyler and Nora are quite adorable. Congrats on the new grand-doggie. You are so right, rescue dogs are so grateful for everything you do for them. Time is flying by...Christmas will soon be here and gone again.

We just got sad news again this morning. Another coworker passed away yesterday. She was late 50's and leaves a son and granddaughter that she adored. This has been a very bad year for us here, hoping next year will be better.

Well, gotta run, hope everyone has a good day - prayers for all in need.....

Y'all sure have had a rough year, Donna! oy vey. Will be keeping those in prayer as well as you. hugs, sweetie.

Swedish leo
November 16th, 2015, 08:19 AM
Welcome back!

Good to see you again!

Monique
November 16th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Well well well, FINALLY you are back. Welcome back, my friend.

Not much happening around these parts. Les works today and tomorrow and stays at Momma's house on those two nights. So I have two days to myself. Tuesday is quilting day and I need to take the Van into the shop for a recall.

I found some Barbie patterns on the net and made a cape on Saturday. I hand sewed it, turned out pretty good. I think I will make several for Maizyn for Christmas. I also started knitting an infinity scarf. I straightened out the sewing room yesterday as well. Today I NEED to get that dirt bike quilt quilted, so that is my mission today.

Have a wonderful day friends.

SewnByBee
November 16th, 2015, 08:39 AM
​Hey there Blondie,

Good morning all,
This is a nice start to the day. Then I'll work n cutting out a few more Christmas ornaments, I put tbem on gifts at Christmas.

I put rhem in our show and tell yesterday too. A fun little project you may enjoy too.

Have a grate and blessed day.

Carol336
November 16th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Welcome back Blondie.....How wonderful to see you again!!! Your little ones are adorable.

Monique did a fantastic job of getting us started each day while you were awa, she kept us all in smiles!!! Thanks Monique.

Spent yesterday piecing my half hexi table runner, got it sanwiched last night and plan to get it quilted today. It'll be my first time quilting, so a few prayers and tips tips tips are greatly needed. Will post pics soon.

Tonight I'm skipping our dance lesson in leiu of a ladies night out at a Mystery Dinner. I'm really exicted....have always wanted to go to one of these....I just hope I don't end up being the corpse - LOL

Have a great day everyone.

C

MayinJerset
November 16th, 2015, 08:44 AM
BLONDIE IS BACK

It makes me so Happy to see her Smiling Face here!

Blondie
November 16th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Welcome back Blondie.....How wonderful to see you again!!! Your little ones are adorable.

Monique did a fantastic job of getting us started each day while you were awa, she kept us all in smiles!!! Thanks Monique.

Spent yesterday piecing my half hexi table runner, got it sanwiched last night and plan to get it quilted today. It'll be my first time quilting, so a few prayers and tips tips tips are greatly needed. Will post pics soon.

Tonight I'm skipping our dance lesson in leiu of a ladies night out at a Mystery Dinner. I'm really exicted....have always wanted to go to one of these....I just hope I don't end up being the corpse - LOL

Have a great day everyone.

C

Carol, I have done the Mystery Dinner Theatre thing once many years ago when I lived in Orlando. It was quite the treat! I know you will have a blast!
I did work on one of those new cathedral window table runners that was in the new Block magazine. I am so learning challenged - by that I mean following a pattern - that it took me all day to figger it out but now it is almost completed and will be under the tree for my oldest son and his wife.
And yes, heartfelt thanks to our Monique for being such a blessing to everyone here. She's kinda special that way.

quiltingtrish
November 16th, 2015, 09:14 AM
She's Here! Welcome back Blondie. You sure were missed more than you know.
HUGS

Ginny B
November 16th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Well, Good Morning Blondie! So good to see your smiling face here. You sure have been missed. Sorry you have been under the weather while you were away. DH and I both had colds and his cough is just hanging on. It is getting better though. One of my sons has walking pneumonia. Such nasty stuff going around.

Nora and Tyler look so adorable. Looks like they had a fun trick or treat night. Oh, and since you have been here last, we have a new granddaughter. My step-daughter Vicky and her husband Kenny and their son Max welcomed little Lily to the family on 10/23. She is a little peanut but is gaining weight and doing very well. Because of our colds we had to stay away for a week after she came home but finally got to go cuddle on her last weekend. Such sweetness.

We had a busy weekend. Went to the farm market and got more veggies for Thanksgiving dinner. Got them prepped and into the freezer. We actually got double the amount we would normally need because a week and a half after Thanksgiving, we will be doing Turkey day again when my other two sons arrive for a visit. So, now we have two turkeys in the freezer with all the trimming in the wings ready to go. I really love Thanksgiving and even though it is a lot of work, I love doing it so this year I get to do it twice in a short amount of time. :) We will also do a bit of decorating for Christmas and exchange "stocking stuffers" so we will be calling our second dinner "Thanksmas".

I also got a lot of sewing done too which made me feel happy that I accomplished things in the sewing room .

Time to get this week started. Have a good day everyone.

Bubby
November 16th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Welcome Home, Blondie...great hearing your voice again!

We are having storms today with 5+ inches of rain predicted over the next few days. I hope we don't have to build an ark!

Not much going on here. We're having computer issues that may require our Guru Roger's help. I want to try everything in my bag of tricks before using Roger.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Monday.

songbird857
November 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Well bust my buttons and call me over the moon!!!! Welcome back, Blondie ;)
I was jus' thinking about you yesterday, girl... did you feel it? You surely are a sight for sore eyes...

Good morning all :)
This weekend was wonderful - my older DD came over yesterday - it was her 23rd birthday (how did THAT happen??). We had rice and beans, salad, chicken (well, she didn't have chicken...), and a Friendly's ice cream roll - yummm... it was wonderful to have her back in the nest for a few hours - boy, I miss that girl, but I completely understand that age - busy with getting her life all put together! Don't see her nearly enough :)
Been sewing, sewing, sewing up a storm getting ready for the craft fair. Boy, now that my sewing room is on the main level, I'm like a mad woman! ...and the ideas keep poppin' up in my head - there is NO WAY I can sew everything that's up there ;)
I just ordered some more poly pellets to finish up 4 more I Spy bags (10 total) they are completed, just need filling. Working on some corn filled heating pads today. I was talking to a friend at the library, and she said "Oh, if you make corn filled heating pads, I will buy them from you!!" - oh. ok.... I do want to do a few more table runners and zipper pouches as well. Want to do some small wall hangings too...hoo boy...
I hope everyone has a fantastic day today - if it feels like you're being pressed on all sides, look UP :).

CIAO

Suzette
November 16th, 2015, 09:32 AM
So good to have you back Blondie! I hope you are soon feeling 100%! :icon_bigsmile:

Plentziana
November 16th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Welcome,hello Blondie, will be missed greatly missed,his good humor and joy that gave use everyday I hope everything goes well and not leaves us, I also want to thank Monique because we glad morning with news, hope to continue doing it because the mornings are a bit boring and cheerful words need to spend the day, thank you, thank you very much

Lenie
November 16th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Happy to hear from you Blondie!!!

MRoy
November 16th, 2015, 09:52 AM
Welcome home Blondie! Monique did a wonderful job while you were away but there's only one Blondie. Tyler and Nora look so cute in their costumes. I can't believe how big Nora is! My 1st grand-baby turned 15 yesterday and I can't believe how big he is either. They grow up too fast!

I'm working on quilting a JRR this morning then going to sit-n-sew later...although I don't have much of a project to sew on right now. I may have to dig through the guild's donated fabric and start something. I've got the JRR half done and I'd like to finish the quilting the next couple of days. I work on it in spurts between doing other things.

Prayers for the French nation as they continue to try to heal from the attacks and as they fight back to defend their nation. Prayers for the world...Lord know we all need them!

Blondie
November 16th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Y'all sure do know how to make a gal feel good! And seeing all my old friends here waving at me makes me tear up! And yes, dear ones, I did feel the thoughts, love and prayers. I have always felt more than blessed by MSQC forum friends, never so much as now. And add to that - while the internet can be and is such a time eater, it is one thing that I think I missed more than if I didn't have cable. LOL. I missed being able to see the daily deals, the tutorials - THAT is on my agenda! Hoping that Jenny did a cathedral window tut to see if I did it correctly. I am such a visual learner and her tuts are the bestest - hands down. Thank you Jenny for being so blonde friendly.
I will be back on later to finish reading and answer some pm's but right now I am going to make a fresh pot of coffee, get the dogs out and do my morning thing - like I said, just sooooo daily. Blessings and loads of hugs, to each - My heart is overflowing here, right from my eyes.

Shirley
November 16th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Love to you and yours! I sure have missed you! Such sweet pictures.

pcbatiks
November 16th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Glad to see you back, Blondie. Hope you continue to feel better.

Sandy Navas
November 16th, 2015, 10:18 AM
What can I say that hasn't been said?
What can you say that hasn't been said?

Missed you, welcome HOME.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Welcome back to our Blonde Smiling Bombshell! So glad to see you back on line! The kids are so darling!

I attended a 2 day workshop at probably the best quilt shop in our area. Image it is almost as great as sitting in that retreat center in Hamilton with all those shops just a few steps away! Except the fabrics were 10 feet away in this case! It was another Jenny Haskins embroidery event. They have the best products and ideas! The president and his wife of RNK were the host and hostesses. She is the brains of the company, he is the spokesperson and super salesman! They sell Jenny Haskins, Floriani and Alex Anderson products. If you ever want to find out about successful embroidery and have a chance to attend one of these, I highly recommend it. Of course, it is a glorified sales pitch for an expensive embroidery machine, but if you resist that pressure, ( which is only enhanced by giving you $$$$$ worth of products!). You'll get great advice and a lot of freebies. Plus the seminars are reasonable in cost, and they feed you! That's why I went to my second one, to reinforce what I learned in my first one and help me remember how to use that huge box of goodies I got when I DID FALL FOR THE SALES PITCH in May!

My show NUNSENSE is over, I have a pile of skanky sweaty clothes to launder, but the show was a good success.

Getting close to T-Day, where has the time flown? The last half a year have been a whirlwind! Hope you all have a great Monday!

sewbizzy
November 16th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Welcome Back!!!!
We sure did miss you....I hope you and Luscious get over not feeling well....I had a cold and cough a couple weeks ago...I sure glad it didn't last too long...
Your grandchildren are adorable!!

JaniceR
November 16th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Welcome back Blondie!! So happy to see you back! I check everyday to see if you have returned - this forum is just not the same without you!!! Just know that you were sorely missed!

Your little ones are just adorable! I bet all of you are having a blast with the new puppy!

Hope you and your husband feel much better soon! Take care and again welcome back!!

New York Sue
November 16th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Welcome back!
I may just have to check in more, now that your back. WOOHOO!

Grandma Nan
November 16th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Goodness gracious, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw "Blondie" signed in this morning. Its so good to have you back darlin'. You have been missed my friend. Monique has done a great job at keeping the family together and getting our mornings started on a positive note. No matter, you know how it is when one of the family is missing- things just don't feel right.

Those are 2 cute grandkids you have there. Both Tyler and Nora look like they were having a good Hallowe'en. My grands got so much it was ridiculous.

My weekend was fun. Went to a craft show and only sold one zipper bag. These were mostly people who were looking for ideas. But thats ok, I guess as they say "imitation is the highest form of flattery" So I should be flattered and I am and broke. Ha Ha. Just getting into the craft sale thing and I know now I need to adjust what you take or on the other hand maybe I should just quilt for myself and those I love. People really like to be able to get inexpensive things. As I said to Monique, the Dollar Store has ruined people who just want it cheap.

Working on a Christmas table runner today and then taking a class on making fabric bowls with clothesline tomorrow. Looking forward to that, it will be fun. Sis Pat is joining me. We also have Dad's birthday tomorrow and quilting guild in the evening so it will be go, go go.

I hope everyone has a smiley day. I sure am going to try. I guess it will be a "daily" kind of day today.

Quiltfreestyle
November 16th, 2015, 12:02 PM
Welcome back Blondie !!! So good to see you here again. :icon_wave:

Iris Girl
November 16th, 2015, 12:08 PM
BLONDIE!!! welcome back you have been so missed!!
Glad everything is working out for you.

Carlie Wolf
November 16th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Welcome back Blondie! Great to hear you again :-)

stitching woman
November 16th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Welcome back Blondie, I have missed your smile. Have a great day everyone.

shermur
November 16th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Welcome back, Sweetie...you were missed!

ceiliam
November 16th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Soooo excited when I saw your name have really missed your sweet happy posts.. What else can I say but welcome back you were really missed��

GrammaBabs
November 16th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Welcome back GF... :))))

JCY
November 16th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Sooo glad you're back, Blondie! We sure missed you.

On Fri., I took advantage of the good weather to pull weeds, rake some leaves, & empty the last of the flower pots on the patio. We've had several hard freezes. Now snow is predicted for tonight into tomorrow. Not sure how much; they keep predicting dif. amts. depending on the various weather models & how the system sets up. Anywhere from 2-8". Tues. is our reg. mowing day for the lawn service, so the leaves out there won't get vac'd up this week. I would have liked to get them up before the snow. Our own riding mower needs a new battery, or I would have done it myself.

Sewing has progressed slowly lately. Too many other things going on. I have the binding sewn on 1 side of a baby quilt & now am turning it to pin. I hope to finish that today. I have numerous quilt tops waiting to be quilted.

The baby shower for the 3 moms at church was Sat. a.m. All were very pleased with the baby quilts I gave them. I also gifted each of them 1 flannel blanket & 6 flannel burp cloths.

This a.m. I'll run to the store & get gas (now down to $1.89/gal.) before the bad weather hits. Tomorrow I'll be making a big batch of chicken soup for DH. He's still having a tough time of it with the skin rash which has been ongoing now for 5 weeks.! It's better than it was, but the itching is driving him crazy. We've tried so many things. His wt. is holding at 115-116 lb., so he's pretty skinny. He still gets around & is independent with his ADLs, but he's weak. He prays daily for the Lord to take him Home.

DS is flying into Denver on Thurs., so I'm looking forward to seeing him. He was here last year in April. This trip he'll stay with his dau. in Golden.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Angelia
November 16th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Welcome back--I missed you!

auntiemern
November 16th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Welcome back Blondie. As you have seen and heard already, you were greatly missed. Although I am rarely up as early as the morning thread commenters, I do always read them. Monique always does an AMAZING job when you aren't here....but there is nothing like seeing your smiles when I do roll my butt out of bed. You truly are loved here girl friend.

Simply Quilting
November 16th, 2015, 02:35 PM
It is great to see you back Blondie!!!

Have an awesome day everyone :)

lourixe
November 16th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Blondie, I'm so happy to see you back and smiling! Many greetings!

gshannon1008
November 16th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Happy Monday to all. Also, welcome back Blondie. I am new to the chat, site and renewing my love of quilting. It has been a blessing for me since retiring. Keeps me busy and out of trouble--:icon_heh: I have goal of making everyone in my family (loved ones) a quilt for the holidays. I have two more to complete. We have not had quilts since our grandmother made them for us. Wish me luck as I try to make memories this year. Be blessed this week and thank you for the encouragement and kindness. Quilters are the best.

cv quilter
November 16th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Blondie,I was new to the forum in February and I must admit, I am not familiar with you. But, I will say, Welcome Back and I see by all the greetings you've received you are much loved and were very missed. Whatever kept you down for so long, I hope that you are stronger now and will continue to be so!

buckeyequilter
November 16th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Well, of course, I'm a little late getting here but WELCOME BACK BLONDIE!!!

laura44
November 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Welcome back!!!!!!!
I've missed you!!!!