PDA

View Full Version : My brother Tommy and me

cyndiofthevortex
November 15th, 2015, 01:59 PM
I just got back from visiting Tommy, my brother who has just been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. It was hard at first to see him and I had to go hide and cry, but I got over seeing him so childlike (from his brain surgery) and we had a wonderful visit. He starts chemo and radiation next week to slow down the tumor's growth. This is such a sad thing. I have another brother dying of colon cancer and a son who is very sick right now. I am getting by day by day, sometimes hour by hour. I sure love my family.

jjkaiser
November 15th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Oh, Cyndi, I feel for you. You sure have a lot on your plate right now. Here's a big hug and a helping of courage to help you get through it. Try to live in the moment and make the most of each visit. Don't look ahead too far. We will all be here for you.

quiltingtrish
November 15th, 2015, 02:17 PM
I'm glad you were able to visit with your brother. I have him and your family in my prayers.
HUGS

rebeccas-sewing
November 15th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Cyndi. It seems you have more than your fair share of sorrow. We're all praying for you and for your family.

Mpyles
November 15th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Thinking of you and your family Cindy.

Kgrammiecaz
November 15th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Doesnt seem fair at all to have so much at once to get through. I agree with living each moment and enjoy each moment. This is a really nic pic of you and your brother. Hugs being sent from here as well.

easyquilts
November 15th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Oh, Cyndi... My heart aches for you and your family.... Your love for your family comes through, loud and clear...

Sending you huge hugs, and prayers for all of you.... I pray that you, and your family will feel God's loving presence now.

When things get bad, think of all of us holding your hands, and standing right there beside you...

Divine Daisy
November 15th, 2015, 03:49 PM
thinking of you love

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2015, 04:11 PM
121218/

SENDING PRAYERS AND HUGS TO YOU, BOTH OF YOUR BROTHERS AND YOUR SONS, MAY

MRoy
November 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Cyndi, praying for your brothers, your son, and you.

cyndiofthevortex
November 15th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Thank you, everyone. I so appreciate all the care you give me.

I got a call from Tommy this morning thanking Jonas and me for flying out to CA to visit him. He sounded so happy! He is thankful for every day he has. He has the best attitude of anyone I've ever met. I need to learn from him.

oldsewer
November 15th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Great photo Cyndi, so glad you got to visit. Best wishes to all of you during this time.

pcbatiks
November 15th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Cyndi......hugs and prayers.......plenty of hugs and prayers.......

songbird857
November 15th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I love this pic, Cyndi :) As others have said - one step/breath at a time. Praying for you.

asta
November 15th, 2015, 06:06 PM
(((((((HUGS)))))))) and prayers for your family.

mommadeb
November 15th, 2015, 06:19 PM
So many hugs out to you all.

Jean Marie
November 15th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Cyndi, you must be a very strong person for God to let you handle so much sadness at once. Keep strong, you can do it. We all believe in you. I hope your son will conquer his illness as you do not mention what it is......life cannot be so cruel that his is also terminal? I will be praying for you daily and you will be in my thoughts often. Remember to take care and make time for yourself.

JCY
November 15th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Thoughts & Prayers for you & yours. God bless!

tamsterg7
November 15th, 2015, 11:29 PM
You surely have alot to deal with, and are in everyones prayers. So glad you got to visit with him, and what a great picture of you both!

Grey Lady
November 15th, 2015, 11:58 PM
I have no words to express what I am feeling for you. Ten years ago I lost two siblings, after lingering illlnesses. At the time, I felt I could not do everything that needed doing. As I started to deal with all of it, I realized how much I had helped. How much comfort I had been able to provide and how much love I had in received in turn. We all leave this world one day, let those we care for do it wrapped in our love.

Simply Quilting
November 16th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Hugs and Prayers for you and your family. I am glad that you were able to go visit Tommy.

stationarymom
November 16th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Cyndi you have so much on your plate at one time I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.Make sure to take time to care for yourself too.Your brother looks good,he looks happy that's a good thing now.I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

dwil23
November 16th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Cyndi, so much for you to deal with. I have wondered how your son was doing, and hoped that he was better. So sorry to hear that he is still ill.

Prayers for you all.

Monique
November 16th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Thinking of you. Enjoy all those special times.

cyndiofthevortex
November 16th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I did not mention what was wrong with my son. He is suicidal. He has promised not to hurt himself but everyday I feel he will. He refuses to let us take him to the hospital. He is 29 years old and feels completely hopeless. I feel completely helpless.

ceiliam
November 16th, 2015, 12:36 PM
Cyndi, I am so sorry that you have to go through this, my prayers and thoughts are with you sending a big cyber hug your way. Please know that your forum friends are here you are with you

judimccl
November 18th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I am so sorry to read this. You sure have a lot on your shoulders right now. Will say prayers for your brothers and your son, and also ask God to wrap his arms around you all and give you some comfort during this time.

Over40momma
November 20th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Cyndi, life can sometimes bring us down to our knees. The great Father is always there to rest a hand on a weary head and to hold our hand to help us stand again. My thoughts are with you as each day dawns in an uncertain time. Be strong when you need to be and know we are all here for those times when you can't. We are sisters of the heart and of the fabric ;) of all of life's cycles. :icon_hug: