PDA

View Full Version : Hoot If You're a Night Owl

kimsophia
November 15th, 2015, 03:33 AM
I fell asleep for a couple hours but I'm up now. "Three Coins in the Fountain" is on Turner Classic Movies. I think "Batman and Robin" on Discovery Family is more my speed tonight.

I got my cross stitch back from the framers. I wish I had examined it more closely at the store but they had it wrapped in plastic and I couldn't see through it clearly. When I got home I discovered that they had smashed the ribbon roses up against the glass. I'm fixing it but I had to take the back off. I can do better and reassemble it. At least I have the parts.

The "Brush With Greatness" in my family: Chris O'Donnell is Robin, and my cousin-in-law baby sat him. He was only an infant! lol

What's up in your tree?

Bubby
November 15th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your x-stitch Kim. Hopefully you can fix it. The framer should have used spacers. X-stitch used to be my passion and I loved to stitch portraits. Here are two of them.........

121198 121199

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Giving out a Hoot even though I wasn't a Night Owl last night. Hope you can fix your cross stitch. Beautiful work Barb.

Carol336
November 15th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear about your x-stitch Kim. Hopefully you can fix it. The framer should have used spacers. X-stitch used to be my passion and I loved to stitch portraits. Here are two of them.........

121198 121199

Wow,Barb, they are amazing.

Not a night OWL here either. DGS (11) spent the night and is still sleeping,so DH and I are tip towing around, whispering to each other.....this condo seems mighty tiny when the sofa b ed is opened ...LOL.

kimsophia
November 15th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Yes, "Wow". Beautiful work...I can't quite tell, is one a cross stitch and the other a painting?

No worries about the cross stitch. In fact in the three weeks it has been at the framer, I have learned a lot of neat ribbon work, so I can replace my early effort with that. So it's all good.

Is there a computer program that will translate photographs to cross stitch patterns? I could use one. I'll have to drink my coffee and do a search.