PDA

View Full Version : Just curious

Kat Smith
November 15th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Has anyone ever gotten Tennis Elbow from sewing/ quilting? I'm sure that's what is starting in my right elbow and can't think of anything that I have done to excess lately,...... other than sewing.

Kathy

easyquilts
November 15th, 2015, 03:04 AM
I once gad something very similar.....couldn't even lift a coffee cup..... Got it from hours if crocheting....

pcbatiks
November 15th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Could it be from too much use of the rotary cutter?

bubba
November 15th, 2015, 04:13 AM
I got golfers elbow, which is on the inside of the elbow where the funny bone is, from when I did woodworking and hit my elbow hard on my saw. I had to have surgery to fix it, which I would never do again unless it was on my dominant arm, which it already was.

Believe me, they tried everything the could before the surgery almost a year later, to include braces, PT, a cast....nothing released the nerve.

If I were you, I'd get it checked by a doctor if it does not clear up by the end of the week.

Juliet Taylor
November 15th, 2015, 07:23 AM
The only thing that happened to me that was a little similar was when this July we had a very colder week and I was at home and I could finally hand quilt my sister's quilt again and I did it for so many hours every day of that week that on my right arm between the elbow and the shoulder I had a terrible ache I couldn't move the arm too much :(

shermur
November 15th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Since I hand quilt...I will notice that my hands, wrists and shoulders take intense aches! But, I also have to take into account I've been heavy data entry since 1990....so, there's probably carpal tunnel, arthritis and other pains that is going on. It's just part of the course, specially as we grow older...;)

MRoy
November 15th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Yes, you can get tennis elbow from sewing. A few years ago I was making quilted purses to sell. During the Christmas sewing rush, I got tennis elbow in both arms. I retired from the purse making business shortly thereafter!

JCY
November 15th, 2015, 07:23 PM
I think the motto is: All things in moderation. If I do too much FMQ or sewing on the DMS, my R. knee bothers me from pressing the foot pedal. Also, my shoulders tighten up, & yes, sometimes my wrists or arms bother me. One needs to take frequent breaks, stretch, walk around, set it aside for awhile, etc. Listen to your body.