PDA

View Full Version : pooped beyond belief.....

bubba
November 15th, 2015, 01:55 AM
They have a Rusty Barn show going on at the fairgrounds thru tomorrow, so I made the trek out there today. Six hours later, it was past time to go home.

I did not spend nearly as much as I could have. However, I did discover a new fabric company in one of the booths I had never heard of before today. Check this out......adornit.com: Home (http://www.adornit.com/) I saw several fabrics there I liked, but bought only three of them, surprisingly. I wanted to know the company that made them, so I checked a bolt end and they design and have the fabric made themselves! I don't think I saw a single one I didn't like.

My Martelli friends were also there. The gal I always work with turned and looked at me and holy schmoley!!! She had taken the gals from Florida out Wednesday night and they were walking and she tripped and fell on her face.....I hope it doesn't scar, as it sure looks ugly right now!

You know how much I love my Martelli mat. There is always a booth there that sell these white mats, but I have never stopped to listen. Well, today I did, mainly because they had several Featherweights on display, to include a white one and parts to sell that went with them! It was then that I learned these mats are made from recycled PVC and batting and fleece does not get imbedded in them like my daughter did on my Martelli. I ended up buying an 18" x 24" to use when cutting those type fabrics because there is nothing I hate worse than trying to clean that out of my mat!!

Kai was also there, and I dearly love their products. I got a 45mm rotary cutter because I like the little one I got so well. I needed another rotary cutter like I need a hole in my head.

I was pleased to walk around one corner to find a booth full of six Block Rock Its.......first time I had seen them and I quickly fell in love. I've been saving my pennies and am hoping to bring one home next year. My friend who has a Tin Lizzie was impressed and commented how quiet it is compared to hers. Their orders right now are about eight weeks out. Best part is the shipping is only about $120 and Utah is a tax free state so you save there too! I'm still tempted to fly down there to the shop one of these days. That and another down by South Lake Tahoe that gets me as soon as I walk in the doors as it's the first thing you see!

I have everything ready to take upstairs, but that is waiting till tomorrow. Then I am finishing a test pattern and I have to make a quick hobo bag for an order, plus a Professional Tote this week. After that, two cosmetic bags, a coin purse and I'm done!

snippet
November 15th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Wow! you had a really productive time there. Good deals.

stationarymom
November 15th, 2015, 02:51 AM
I;m a little jealous pat,I haven't been able to go to a quilt show in years.I would have loved to see all the things you saw today.I'm glad you had a good day and found some new things to try out.

MayinJerset
November 15th, 2015, 09:09 AM
You may be pooped but you had a fun day. I checked out that fabric site and they have tons of great fabrics and crafty stuff as well as woman's clothing - I may order a cardi (cardigan) or two from them.

Monique
November 15th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I am pooped just reading about your day.

songbird857
November 15th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Your daughter got embedded on your Martelli mat??? ;)

Busy day for sure!! Glad it was productive :)

CraftyJnet
November 15th, 2015, 01:10 PM
adornit.com: Home (http://www.adornit.com/) is a great company. They sold excellent quality scrapbooking items before they branched out into fabric.

ceiliam
November 15th, 2015, 01:27 PM
The block rock is made in Ut ?

bubba
November 15th, 2015, 02:33 PM
The block rock is made in Ut ?

The shop that markets it is in Utah.