PDA

View Full Version : Another Update on Chuck (Brain Surgery Patient)

JCY
November 14th, 2015, 01:32 AM
The latest update is that they have been getting Chuck up in the chair (he needs help). He had a barium swallow evaluation & is permitted to eat a soft diet with thickened liquids. He needs reminding to not eat too fast or take too large of bites. He was to be transported to a rehab facility today. It will be closer to home, so his wife won't have so far to drive. She's been depending on friends to drive her to the hospital, since their garage door opener broke, & her car was trapped in the garage. She's very concerned about how she will be able to pay all the rising medical costs of his care. They have insurance, but it won't cover everything. One day at a time. Please keep the prayers going up for Chuck, Sherry, & son Pete. Thanks so much.

jjkaiser
November 14th, 2015, 01:49 AM
That's great news he is progressing to the point of being transferred to a rehab facility. He will be home before you know it. I hate it that the cost of everything is so astronomical, as if the stress of the brain surgery and recovery from that isn't bad enough, it is awful to have to worry over the money part too. But so many people go through this, the hospital and rehab will have good people to help with the paperwork and work out payment plans, etc. The important thing is he is getting better!

stationarymom
November 14th, 2015, 02:59 AM
What great news! I hope the progress continues.I'm sure she will like having him closer to home,it should make things easier for her.I will keep the family in my prayers.

MayinJerset
November 14th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Prayers that Chuck continues to improve. Hope someone can get their trapped car out of the garage - who needs something like that on top of everything else. Don't know how old Chuck is but if he's old enough Medicare may cover a lot of his rehab costs, wife needs to talk to Chuck's case manager.

easyquilts
November 14th, 2015, 07:52 AM
I am glad to hear that Chuck is making progress, but sad to hear of the rising concern over medical bills... It's awful to have to worry over money, when in such a crisis. It isn't right,,,

Praying that Chuck will continue to progress....

Monique
November 14th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Continued prayers.

Bubby
November 14th, 2015, 09:05 AM
It's great news that Chuck is making progress. I will continue to pray.

ozziepuppy
November 14th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Medical costs are so high; hope it all works out ok for them--continuing to include them in my prayers. Thank you for the update.

Ginny B
November 14th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Glad to hear Chuck is making progress. Prayers will continue

JCY
November 14th, 2015, 11:06 PM
I believe Chuck is on Medicare, but don't know what kind of supplemental ins. they have.

Valcross
November 14th, 2015, 11:16 PM
I'm so glad he is progressing. I was driving yesterday, thinking about his recovery and praying for his healing. I know the whole thing has just got to be beyond stressful.

alliek
November 14th, 2015, 11:22 PM
The best news, improvement and healing going on. Wonderful, Many Blessings to Chuck. Prayers also for the peace of mind for his wife and family. As you said one day at a time. Sorry to hear about her garage door. It seems it doesn't rain, it pours. Prayers ongoing for all.