PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday, it's Friday.

Monique
November 13th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Good morning friends. Another work day for me. I did get those xrays done yesterday afternoon. On and out in 15 minutes at the most. It was definitely a good time to get it done, both were so sore. We shall see what happens next.

Work today and work again tomorrow. It sure doesn't give me much time to sew. BUT who doesn't need the money, right?

I am waiting on a few parcels, so hopefully they might come in today.

Have a great day friends.

mommadeb
November 13th, 2015, 08:53 AM
Ah, Friday the 13th. I like that number, but really?????

songbird857
November 13th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Yikes, mommadeb - what happened???

Good morning :)
Weekend is here, older DD will turn 23 this weekend, not sure what we'll be doing yet.
I cut fabric for 10 I Spy bags yesterday. Also sorted through thousands of little trinkets to put 30 in each bag, those are set aside in 10 little bowls to keep them organized. Thanks to a certain someone for helping to make these bags possible ;)
Oh, and happiness is looking in your presser feet tray and realizing that you actually do own a teflon foot for the vinyl in those bags!! Yippea!!
Yep, more sewing today. I'm seizing every single day that I can, because life is unpredictable. Plus, I know I'll lose a few days around Thanksgiving..... So, on the days where I just can't get into my sewing room, it's not that big of a deal ;)
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

mommadeb
November 13th, 2015, 09:09 AM
I was on deck of my stepson's fishing trawler, after it had snowed, and I slipped in some water, fell and hit my hand and wrist on a hatch cover. Fractured a small bone in my wrist. :icon_hihi:

Juliet Taylor
November 13th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I wish all the best to everyone whose health is not at her best right now.
I know the feeling. Two hospital check up and blood analysis this early morning. Oh my!

Here it's foggy. very foggy. The last week has been foggy. why? I miss the sun! I truly hope to have at least Sunday with a sunny weather. I want to take pics of my last baby quilt! And I hope to start the next one :) all my friends are having babies oh my!!

I'm also already working on Christmas presents... I have so many friends around the world and shipping takes time :D

Have a lovely Friday!

Carol336
November 13th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Ouch Mommadeb....what in the world happened to your arm.

Tracking says my half hexi is "out for delivery".....I am soooo excited.

Having the kiddies over for breakfast tomorrow, so need to do a little shopping and prep for that this morning.

Went dancing last night, so dragging a little this am.....I need another cup of joe I think

Have a great day everyone

Ginny B
November 13th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday all. Ouch, mommadeb, what happened? The weekend is finally knocking on the door. Don't know just what is on the agenda for the weekend and sometimes those are the ones that turn out to be the best.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 13th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good morning! Momma den, so sorry about your fall and broken bone! Guess sewing is off he schedule for a while!

This weekend will be a busy one for me. Our play goes into it's final weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Our Sunday performance is sold out! Quite a feat in a 580 seat theatre! We strike the set and costumes after the final matinee. But during the day, Sat and Sun., I'm taking a refresher course of Jenny Hasking Touch of Magic tour, where her embroidery products are demoed. Jenny Haskins is a line from the same company as Floriani, so the PRODUCTS are similar. Since I attended the same workshop in spring, went for the big bundle of Janome 15000 with every Jenny Haskins embroidery product, I don't need to buy, just remember how to use it all! Their courses are very reasonable, plus you get breakfast and lunch and a whole bunch of free stuff, it will be good to get another run through on how to use the products.

So it will be busy and non stop till Sunday night, but that's OK.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Bubby
November 13th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Morning Everyone,

Mommadeb, so sorry this happened to you. Take care of yourself so you mend quickly.
Monique, glad your x-rays went smoothly.

Yesterday I organized my sewing room closet best I could. I'm trying to fit things into a space that's way too small. All I can do is keep rotating things and eventually I should be able to find everything....lol!

I love the new tutorial for the Hunters Star but not sure I could keep everything going in the right direction. It's a beautiful quilt though so I might give it a whirl next year.

Jean, enjoy your class. It sounds wonderful.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

MRoy
November 13th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Good morning! It's sunny and chilly here. Mommadeb, take good care of yourself. I have checked the tutorial yet, that's next on my agenda.

It's Friday the 13th, are you superstitious?

I've got my JRR quilt on the frame. I've got to get thread for the top and backing. The backing needs a slightly lighter color thread than the top. Oh dear, that means a trip to the quilt shop up the road! I still haven't picked up paint chips for the next Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt so I may have to go on to Lowes and stop by the other fabric store while in town. LOL!

I hope everyone has a safe, happy Friday.

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I was on deck of my stepson's fishing trawler, after it had snowed, and I slipped in some water, fell and hit my hand and wrist on a hatch cover. Fractured a small bone in my wrist. :icon_hihi:

Please heal quickly.

Sandy Navas
November 13th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Yikes, mommadeb - what happened???

Good morning :)
Weekend is here, older DD will turn 23 this weekend, not sure what we'll be doing yet.
I cut fabric for 10 I Spy bags yesterday. Also sorted through thousands of little trinkets to put 30 in each bag, those are set aside in 10 little bowls to keep them organized. Thanks to a certain someone for helping to make these bags possible ;)
Oh, and happiness is looking in your presser feet tray and realizing that you actually do own a teflon foot for the vinyl in those bags!! Yippea!!
Yep, more sewing today. I'm seizing every single day that I can, because life is unpredictable. Plus, I know I'll lose a few days around Thanksgiving..... So, on the days where I just can't get into my sewing room, it's not that big of a deal ;)
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

Need more? Let moi know.

sewluvit
November 13th, 2015, 11:11 AM

Oh no! Hope it heals fast, it's going to slow down your quilting! I am having a flair up of RA in my hands and arms so my quilting is at a standstill also 😣

KPH
November 13th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Oh dear, mommadeb, take care.

Heading to the kitchen to cut 18 more strips for Phoebe's Flowerbox and trying to decide if I want to order another jellyroll of batiks to go with it. lol, bigger is better, right? We'll see what DH thinks when it comes together.

Going tomorrow to sandwich Good Night Irene so I can work on it next week. We'll see what else I can get into, the list isn't getting much shorter, that's for sure!

QuiltingRN
November 13th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Hi all! Mommadeb, I hope you feel better soon!
I am off to work today, very windy and rainy here today! Tomorrow I am going to the Quilt and Craft Show at the Puyallup Fairgrounds! Looks like lots of great vendors, should be a fun day!

Then Sunday we are having early Thanksgiving with the kids! Busy weekend!

mommadeb
November 13th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm off work for 2 wks now and then another xray and see after that. I'm just glad it really doesn't hurt much. I'm also right handed, so it's been fun.:icon_giggle:

Navy Wife
November 13th, 2015, 03:25 PM
If only we could hurt the other hand! I've done that so many times. I hope yours heals fast and pain goes away even faster.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and I have to have another surgery on my hand. We had a good laugh as this is the only finger he has not had to fix! We'll wait till after Thanksgiving since my calendar is full with Mission of Hope work. This is a quick and minor surgery with short recovery, so I'm not worried about it. I'll just be glad to have it over as the pain is getting worse every day.

Other than that, it is a beautiful day in the Foothills, but cold weather is on the way for a couple of days. I should be out enjoying the sun.

Simply Quilting
November 13th, 2015, 03:43 PM
Mommadeb, I hope that you heal very quickly.

It is a beautiful day here. I'm going to take the children to the park later to play with friends. We will enjoy these days outside as much as we can. Later I'm planning on getting in the sewing room and finishing up some projects.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

kimsophia
November 13th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Wow, prayers for all who need healing, which seems to be a lot of us. DH and I had to get blood draws today and we both got the results back. :P Our wicked, wicked ways are catching us with us...we both have high LDL, he has low HDL, I have high triglycerides...now why did we have to eat three packages of bacon in the two weeks prior to this blood draw? We both were craving BLTs! lol Shame on us... :):icon_doh:

SewnByBee
November 13th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Hello, ,got off to a late start today. It's very pretty here today, but the CoLD is moving n and say it will be Freezing by morning.
We have a few things to get done before I go into hibernation.( Pretty much) I hate the cold, it hurts my bones.
Hope you all have a good day and a blessed weekend, take care.

SewnByBee
November 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
My M* order finally came TODAY ,Yaaaaaeeee, they must be some kind of behind or they had to fill my Five bages of scraps, before they could mail it out, LOL.
So far, I have 300 QC , a patchwork writing pin and a BUG needle threader , they giveaway in my orders.
I ordered myself a M* apron and two button pins. They s is nice and the neck stap adjustable. I hope you have a little extra in your orders too.
Two more orders to come, .......maybe next time....... ..lol.............

But one of my favorites is always a note, this time there was two, lol....
121138. 121139. This is one of the things that sets them apart.
My fabrics are always nicely packed, and can't hardly wait on the others.....I.Love M*

MayinJerset
November 13th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I'm also here late today. Was up at 6:30 but between waking up achy and one thing and another time flew by and I had to get ready to leave for PT session at noon. Not a complete success today, I did all the sitting and standing routines OK but those 15 unassisted stand ups did my knees in. PT sessions end with me walking (with a walker) from my usual spot towards the gym's entrance which is about 50 feet. Tuesday I did about 40 feet but today I only walked about 20 -25 feet. Hoping for better results next week.

Brr... getting pretty cold outside and it has me going through my soup recipes and gathering items needed to make some hearty soups for dinners. Think French Spring soup would be great for the weekend, can't decide between a creamy mushroom barley soup or a beefy mushroom barley one. Decisions, decisions.. Either one would be great as long as we have some crispy fresh rolls or loaves of bread to go with the soups.

OK - Have a Good Weekend and PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS TOO MANY OF OUR QUILTING PALS ARE SICK, ACHING AND/OR HAVE HURT THEMSELVES.

judimccl
November 13th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Deb, that sure looks painful. Prayers that you get better quick! :icon_wave:

quiltingtrish
November 14th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Sorry to hear you got hurt Deb. I hope you heal quickly.

mommadeb
November 14th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks all! Now I have to figure out how to write as my Russian finals are in 4 wks. Hee haw!!!:icon_crazy::icon_hihi:

A friend of mine suggested this use for my scraps-121149