PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Night Owl

kimsophia
November 13th, 2015, 03:16 AM
Hootie hoot! I'm learning Amish embroidery as I am making a pincushion from a little kit with red gingham and red and white embroidery floss. It's pretty easy and fast, so a lot better than most of my projects.

I am feeling pretty sleepy so I think I will be heading to my nest. What's up with yoooooou? @,@

stationarymom
November 13th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Hoot where did you hear about Amish embroidery? I've never hears of it let alone done it.I would like to learn to embroider I tried once and it looked so messy I didn't try again.I didn't get much done today I just didn't feel well.I hope tomorrow I feel better.I keep missing the Owls lately it seems like most of you come out later since the time change.

Lightwriter
November 13th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Hope you feel better Joan. Had kinda slow day myself.

Need to sew one last side on binding of fall quilt...had hoped to finish this by Nov. 1, so I am running late. The reno project has absorbed a lot of time.

I learned to embroider as a kid. Progressed to cross stitch and then counted cross stitch. Taught others to cross stitch while in college.My eyes gave out on me with the counted stuff about 15 years ago and I explored other crafts. Never heard of Amish embroidery, sounds pretty. Picked up a piece of some simple stuff last year, but my wrist and thumb bother me and it is just too slow of a go. Have hard enough time with hand binding.

Have a good day! Joan, next time start an early thread and check for replies the next morning. I tend to come out early as I can't fall asleep or sleep early and wake up about 4:00. Have a good day.

kimsophia
November 13th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Yes, the earliest owl should just give out a hoot and I'll bet she'll get a hoot back sometime. :)

I didn't know anything about Amish embroidery until last night when I started up this little kit that came in a bag of cross stitch stuff from Goodwill. It looks like it might have been a hostess gift for holding a Creative Expressions house party. It is just called "Spider Lace" on the package but I Google Imaged searched for something similar and got a link to Craftsy. The Story Behind Amish Embroidery: Deciphering the Chicken Scratch (http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/05/amish-embroidery/)

DH and I had doctor's appointments today so I brought it along to sew on in the the waiting room. It sure is a quick little project. I just need to stuff it and sew it shut. :)