PDA

View Full Version : Thursday November 12th

Monique
November 12th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Oh my time is slipping away.

I hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday. Remembrance Day is always an emotional day for me. I don't know why but singing O Canada makes me teary. Mother always told me I was a cry baby.

I work today until 1:45pm and then I will get xrays done on my knees (ordered by family doc). They have been hurting for two weeks now. I have had much difficulty getting up stairs. I know it is arthritis for sure, but man they hurt.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Weather wise, it is another rainy day.

Have a great day friends.

songbird857
November 12th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Good morning :)
Monique, thank you for posting Flanders Field yesterday - my daughter had to memorize that years ago when we were homeschooling :)
Well, yesterday, I cleaned THAT closet - the one I've been putting off forever. Took most of the day but it's done. I do have a few more things to sort out, but it's nice to actually use that closet again and not just throw things in and shut the door ;)
So, today I think I will make some I Spy bags - not sure how many, we'll see. So many ideas, so little time!
I hope everyone has a great day :)

Ginny B
November 12th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Good morning all. Busy week here as far as celebrations go.....Sunday was ds #4's girlfriend's birthday, yesterday our good friend Ray's birthday, today is my brother's birthday as well as our son-in-law and his dad's birthday, Saturday is ds #3 and my dil's 2nd Anniversary and then on Monday, grandson Henry will turn 2. Lots of phone calls to be made for sure.

Busy at work but not crazy. My problem is that all the time I am at work, I'm thinking about what I could be home sewing. One day I'll be home and retired and can spend as much time as I want in my sewing room.

And speaking of sewing room, I'm heading there now for about an hour before I need to leave for work. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lori63
November 12th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Good morning all:) I've been somewhat MIA, I've been extremely busy and it doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon.

I'm desperately trying to get things made for my daughter's baby shower this weekend. I had dreams of a huge bag full of things I've made, well it may be a small bag. Time just seems to slip by. I even took off work today and Friday so I can get things done, but suddenly I have other things I have to do also, why can't the world stop so I can sew???

Hope all has been well with everyone...maybe after Christmas life will slow down a little and I can linger on the board more ;)

MayinJerset
November 12th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Good Morning. Monique I hear you about achy knees, rain and dampness makes them ache even more. I got a cortisone shot in my right knee yesterday so I hoping for some relief. I agree with you that November is going by pretty fast. Thanksgiving will be here before know it and we all know what comes after - CHRISTMAS!

Planning to do some clothing shopping this afternoon as it seems most of my everyday outfits are quite shabby. Maybe a new winter jacket too and it's been getting quite cold - hope we don't have a long icy Winter.

Bubby
November 12th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Morning Everyone.

Jeff is back to work today. We had some crazy weather yesterday and last night. It's cold this morning. We have to deal with loads of leaves when Jeff gets home.

If it works out I will start making Christmas stockings today. I want to embellish them so it should be a really fun project. These will be for my DD and a few girlfriends.

Wishing everyone a safe and blessed day.

dwil23
November 12th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Good Morning!

Yes, this month is flying bay even faster than last month did. My Christmas to do list is becoming a "next year" list very quickly.

Monique, knee pain is no fun. The weather surely affects them, too. I struggled with my left knee for 2 years barely being able to walk and climbing stairs was pure torture (actually going down the stairs was worse). Hope you can get some relief soon.

Have a Blessed Day everyone - prayers for all in need.

Grandma Nan
November 12th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Oh Monique, I am so glad you are getting those knees xrayed. This poor gal had an uncomfortable weekend with these knees.

I am the same as you, as soon as I hear O Canada, I get teary too. Yesterday was a very touching Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa. We are so lucky to live where we do. I get soft when I see the veterans of WWII who are still able to come to the services. They are so proud and brave.

Well I am sewing again today. I have to do some ironing too. Now don't get too excited about that, it is ironing my backing for my quilt so I can take it to the long armer.

Hope you all have your best day this week. SMILE.

Sylvia H
November 12th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow - everyone is really busy! I guess we are all starting to feel a holiday crunch. Monique, I am sorry to hear about your knees and hope something can be done - quickly - for the pain.

I overslept again. I didn't even hear the alarm. And I still feel tired. I have been staying up a little bit later than usual, maybe that is the cause. I think the colder weather also makes it easier to oversleep. JJ is happy that I am now up and he was fed his breakfast. Now I just have to get moving - I'm not a "up and at 'em" person, so when I get a late start, everything else gets done later, too.

Today, I think I will get the quilting finished on the tree skirt. If I'm lucky, maybe even get the binding attached on one side. My backing fabric for my cousin's quilt should arrive today. I am looking forward to finishing it and sending it to him.

Wishing everyone a happy day.

Bubby
November 12th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Monique....I hope your knees feel better soon. I have trouble with arthritis in my right hand and so far that's pretty much it. So far OTC drugs give me enough relief to keep sewing. Jeff takes shots in his knees and shoulders. Sometimes he gets relief and other times none.

Monique
November 12th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Oh Monique, I am so glad you are getting those knees xrayed. This poor gal had an uncomfortable weekend with these knees.

I am the same as you, as soon as I hear O Canada, I get teary too. Yesterday was a very touching Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa. We are so lucky to live where we do. I get soft when I see the veterans of WWII who are still able to come to the services. They are so proud and brave.

Well I am sewing again today. I have to do some ironing too. Now don't get too excited about that, it is ironing my backing for my quilt so I can take it to the long armer.

Hope you all have your best day this week. SMILE.

But Nancy, I was in the basement all weekend. You did let me go upstairs for meals though and a glass of wine or two. LOL!! It is just the going up that really hurts. It did not stop me from sewing though.