PDA

View Full Version : Windy Thursday

Jean Sewing Machine
November 12th, 2015, 08:51 AM

Happy Thursday all! The wind is howling here, but no big storms. Thank you, Mother Nature!

What's on your plate for today? Not much here except a boring appointment this afternoon. I hope to get some sewing done before that time!

Have a great day!

Ginny B
November 12th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Good morning Jean. Hope your appointment isn't too boring and when you go outside, hold on to your hat. :)

Work is on my plate today with some sewing now before I head out and then again this evening. Enjoy your day.

Carol336
November 12th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Good morning Jean, Ginny and all who follow.

I've been up since 3am....I hate when what you hoped would be a quick little potty break turns into the beginning of your day.

Having lunch with a dear HS friend today and dancing with my honey tonight....doesn't get much better than that.

I'm putting together a family tree album (digitally) and I really need to get it finished up and off to the printer - most of the older generation, namely my sisters, cousins and myself want to gift it to our kids and gkids for christmas.

After I get that off my plate. I have a very long list of sewing projects to keep me busy. I'm dying to make the tree/star table runner. Just got word from M* that my half hexi has shipped......woohoo!!!

Have a great day everyone

Lori63
November 12th, 2015, 09:43 AM
Windy here too, lots of things blowing around. My sister ended up with a neighbor's tree in here yard. On the way down it took down their yard light. Power lines were all over the place. Fortunately help was available and they got it taken care of very quickly.

Sheep Farmer
November 12th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Windy up here in KY as well.

Carlie Wolf
November 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Good morning Jean. They say it's suppose to turn windy here (WV) late this morning. Guess it's the end of the leaves.
I woke up earlier than I'd have liked too but am putting it to good use. I have everything downstairs to put a lap quilt on the frame. Also taking the time to "precut" the leftover whites from that.

Nice part is I have no stress items on my plate :-)

MRoy
November 12th, 2015, 10:34 AM
We've got wind in southern KY too. I hope it will blow the rest of the fallen leaves out of my yard and I'll be done with them! I hope to do some sewing today.

I spent 2 hrs yesterday afternoon standing on an overpass at the Cumberland Parkway waiting to pay my respects to a police officer killed in the line of duty. The 400 car funeral procession came through our county and it was an honor to let his family and friends know we appreciate his service and ultimate sacrifice.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12219330_886117464775974_2688940391926799453_n.jpg ?oh=1fac3e2606f1868fa08394332a77fc4b&oe=56B0F234

dwil23
November 12th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Good Morning all!

Myrna - that is so sad, but Thank You for taking time to honor him.

Last night I sat for a little bit and finished the binding on the nautical baby quilt I was making for my cousin. Baby Tristan made his arrival on the 9th and is doing well. This morning I will take pictures and then launder it. I will have to make arrangements to deliver it and meet the little man soon. I started working on a gift for a cousin's wedding last night. They are getting married the 21st and I don't think I will be able to go, but want to send something. I am making a table runner that is scrappy fall leaves on one side and Christmas Stars on the other. I don't have a pattern, just winging it. Tonight I am going in to work on my usual night off - will be nice just before Christmas to get 8 hours of overtime.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day! Prayers for all in need.....

ceiliam
November 12th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Morning. No wind here getting colder here get very little snow here. Can I say don't miss it. Have a massage this am so glad,fantastic this helps with my back and issues that cause on my legs.
Also hope to get borders on some quilts for my brother in law and nephew.. They are my own version of quilts of valor ...I did not want to follow their rules plus can do these for my family that are or were in military.spent yesterday reflecting on my wonderful family who served and my Uncle Grant who never made it home from WWII. Then finish borders on baby quilt. Oh one can dream also

Angelia
November 12th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Lots of wind here, too--some power poles blew over here in town last night.

Hope to sew today. I also need to build a fire; looks like we're going to get cold.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 12th, 2015, 11:37 AM
We've got wind in southern KY too. I hope it will blow the rest of the fallen leaves out of my yard and I'll be done with them! I hope to do some sewing today.

I spent 2 hrs yesterday afternoon standing on an overpass at the Cumberland Parkway waiting to pay my respects to a police officer killed in the line of duty. The 400 car funeral procession came through our county and it was an honor to let his family and friends know we appreciate his service and ultimate sacrifice.
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12219330_886117464775974_2688940391926799453_n.jpg ?oh=1fac3e2606f1868fa08394332a77fc4b&oe=56B0F234
This is an amazing picture! So sorry about the policeman's death.

Simply Quilting
November 12th, 2015, 11:43 AM
The wind has stopped here and it is a beautiful, crisp fall day. Yesterday lots of wind, some rain and a little hail. No damage done locally but there was a couple of tornadoes about 2 hours away both east and west of us.

Happy Thursday everyone :)

asta
November 12th, 2015, 11:52 AM
It is not windy here yet, but they say it is coming soon.

Heads up, I have just been informed it is HAIR CUT Thursday! Good thing I have an appointment already for me and the dog, hubby will just drop in for his.

Granny Judy
November 12th, 2015, 12:06 PM
The wind and storm passed over during the late evening and thru out the night. We got everything battened down before hand so didn't suffer any losses or weird noises thru the night.

Sun is shining but rather cool. I have a quilt under the needle.. doing it on my home machine.. Just some free motion stuff I have been wanting to try ... Pictures when I am done will be made available in my album in the gallery. Just look for the Quatrefoil one.

JCY
November 12th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Good Morning, Everyone. We had some wind yest., but it's clear & calm today. Tues. to Wed., we went from sunny to snow & back to sunny in 17 hrs.! We woke up yest. to 2" of wet snow. Denver area got 4-5", & the mts. got 6-12". On Veteran's Day a lot of people took advantage of the new powder to ski. The snow quickly melted & the streets were dry by noon. We're supposed to have close to 60 deg. by the wk.-end.

Yest. I finished the FMQ on a scrappy baby quilt; it's one I made with leftovers from a Summer in the Park. I hate to waste those end pieces that you trim off. It's ready for the binding, which I hope to get done today. I also need to make some burp cloths.

I have a pot of Anasazi beans cooking. I think they are popular only in this part of the country. They're DH's favorites.

That was a great tribute to the fallen officer. Thanks for sharing the pic. Loved the pic of the wind-blown monkey! It gave me a laugh to start my day.

rebeccas-sewing
November 12th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Hi Jean,

You asked so here we go. Today, I will steam clean the family room (again). The movers really soiled the carpet moving our Netherlands shipment into the house. I also plan to do some prep work to paint three bookcases for my sewing room.

We have spent every day trying to organize, throw things out, donate tons, clean and clean and clean. So far, I've painted the office, steam cleaned every carpet downstairs, cleaned almost all of the downstairs windows. Repainted the wall above the chair rail in the guest room. I finished painting my sewing room. Oh, I completely reorganized and got rid of stuff I'll never use in our kitchen. That alone took me over two days.

This weekend I'll be painting those bookcases and Joe will be making doors for them. Right now the sewing room is loaded with bins and other stuff so I'm only able to walk around the perimeter of the room. Yikes! We've done all this in about one month.

My younger daughter came home for a visit. She walked in and said, "MOM! You guys look like hoarders." I had to agree. hahaha She was a peach while she was here. She worked really hard cleaning out her room. She took a lot of things back up north with her and I donated two big trash bags of things she didn't want. The rest mostly went into the recycle bin. Recycling is big in Orange County.

I'm rather a neatnik so the chaos has been really hard for me to handle. I have to remind myself when I feel my blood pressure rising that this is only temporary. If you've noticed I haven't been visiting you guys as much this is why. I'm really feeling my age. Actually, I'm really feeling like I'm twenty years older.

I've actually posted some things on Craig's List for the very first time. I managed to sell a daybed. A young man whose girlfriend broke it off with him is picking up our mattress and box spring today (for free). I guess she took the bed. Poor guy. hahaha

SuzyQue
November 12th, 2015, 02:48 PM
We had the wind yesterday and last night....actually still blowing quite steady now. The leaves are gone from the trees and yard and it knock the remainder of the pecans from the trees. Whooo Hoo! I thought the wind would blow in a storm or weather change, but it was just wind. The sun is so bright today and it feels like early spring. What a fall!

Hubby is still off with his thumb injury. We are getting some little projects done. I have finished another baby quilt top, but need to get to quilting them all! I hope to cut and finish a tree skirt today, with minimal quilting on it. I am missing my alone time, but learning to enjoy him being around more.....just in time for him to go back to work, probably.

Navy Wife
November 12th, 2015, 07:59 PM
We've had the wind most of the day, but not quite as bad as predicted. Our favorite weatherman said if you lost your hat it would be in Asheville, NC! I started cleaning the Living room this morning, but the TV satellite receiver went out, so I had to wait a bit for DH to call and get another one sent to us.

I went to the Dr. this afternoon for a swollen joint and pain in my left hand. I'll be having surgery on Dec. 3. This will be the 5th surgery on that hand. Fortunately, the surgeries have been successful, so I should be back to normal in a couple of weeks. I have teased my Orthopedics Dr. He's more my primary care physician than my family Dr.

KPH
November 12th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Hope everyone has had a nice day. Sounds like all the wind you all are experiencing will arrive here tomorrow. I spent the day in Christmas chaos. DH brought down 6 or more tubs from the attic for sorting. Apparently we've gotten ahead of ourselves on Christmas ornaments for the kids and grand kids. Whoops!
Good Night Irene has it's blue borders and is ready to get sandwiched. Can't do that until Alcatel Lucent calls. They wrote a check to cover the amount of Mom's medical insurance for Sept. then stopped payment on the check. I was on the warpath yesterday when I got the notice from the bank, with a $10 charge for them stopping payment.
While I was waiting, I started working on a Phoebe's Flowerbox. 121108I love how the colors pop.

Angelia
November 13th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone. We had some wind yest., but it's clear & calm today. Tues. to Wed., we went from sunny to snow & back to sunny in 17 hrs.! We woke up yest. to 2" of wet snow. Denver area got 4-5", & the mts. got 6-12". On Veteran's Day a lot of people took advantage of the new powder to ski. The snow quickly melted & the streets were dry by noon. We're supposed to have close to 60 deg. by the wk.-end.

Yest. I finished the FMQ on a scrappy baby quilt; it's one I made with leftovers from a Summer in the Park. I hate to waste those end pieces that you trim off. It's ready for the binding, which I hope to get done today. I also need to make some burp cloths.

I have a pot of Anasazi beans cooking. I think they are popular only in this part of the country. They're DH's favorites.

That was a great tribute to the fallen officer. Thanks for sharing the pic. Loved the pic of the wind-blown monkey! It gave me a laugh to start my day.

We cook Anasazi beans often--they are so pretty!