PDA

View Full Version : tnmtgrl

Carlie Wolf
November 12th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Have I been missing tnmtgrl? I haven't noticed any posts from her lately or are my eyes turned off ?

Jean Sewing Machine
November 12th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Hope everything is alright with her out in the cool quilting cottage!

tnmtgrl
November 12th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Hello.....didn't mean to worry anyone...I am doing just fine. I have been keeping busy and enjoying retirement. It's nice to know someone missed me though.....thanks Carlie!! :D

Carlie Wolf
November 12th, 2015, 06:21 PM
What's NOT to like about retirement LOL. Yup just wondering what your pleasant face was doing but figured you were quilting up a storm. Get all your fruits and veggies in? I got all mine put to bed about a month ago. Looks like my sister is coming for a visit or potential longer stay around Dec 1. It's not written in stone yet but I'm SO excited

tnmtgrl
November 13th, 2015, 12:12 AM
Hey Carlie...yes our veggies are done now although we did get a second crop of lettuce after my DH turned the garden, it was so warm here the lettuce sprouted again so we have been enjoying it but it will probably not survive after Sunday...it is suppose to freeze overnight. Hope you have a great visit with your sister.
Are you still liking your BlockRocket?? I'm thinking really hard about getting one.
I have been busy making quilts, some for sale and some for myself My DH wanted a larger quilt for our bed for this winter, he said I steal the covers so he wanted a longer over hang....so I made a new one for us, I made it 120 x120 with double Quilter's Dream cotton Supreme loft.The darn thing weighs 20lbs....but at least he's warm now!!
Well I am getting off here...it's late and I need to get some sleep...you take care girl and have a great time with your sister!!

Carlie Wolf
November 13th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I'm really liking the RBI. Things just go so much faster. They've made improvements with some of the mechanics and the encoders are improved because people were having a problem figuring some of that out. They've been very responsive to their clients. So far, other than the time I pulled a tech in at the very beginning Ive been able to do any adjustments or troubleshooting and fixes myself. They've added a lot of new video troubleshooting aids since last year that are good. Also they updated their initial manual and the graphics are much better and also added things for other information which newbie's often ask. So I'm pretty pleased and think it was the right decision. I'm still not sure that the price can be beaten for all you get with it unless you purchase a used machine that works well.

From what I see of your work I suspect you would go a lot further with it than I do. I'm not all that interested in doing the fancy quilting designs but I could see you having a lot of fun with that. I really love the piecing part of quilting more so than the quilting process at this point. (I still need to go through the design software which is on my list for January as last year I pretty much worked only on getting sales stuff done last year and I'm caught up with that now. This coming year I can slow down and do more play stuff). Also if you got it I'd get the Gracie King frame (or don't you have that already?) since you do do Kings. At any rate if you want to give me a call about it I'll at any point I'll give you my phone number.

tnmtgrl
November 14th, 2015, 12:08 PM
The frustration I am having right now is that I can only do 4" designs, which limits me to doing all over patterns and not doing block designs....so all my quilts would have to be done in 4" blocks to be able to do a by block design.....I love piecing too but when you are doing a larger quilt that's a lot of blocks. If I had the space to do a 9" block that would make it so much more enjoyable. I just finished a quilt for a friend...she ordered it last minute for a wedding she is going to....yeah I know gotta love people who have no idea what it takes to make a quilt......anyway....I really wanted to put a heart around the names I embroidered in the center block but could not do it without starting and stopping and rolling the quilt which would not have looked as good as a continuous line...anyway I am needing that option and can't get it right now with my small machine. It probably won't happen for me for a long time yet as I kind of blew my extra cash to get my shed....but I can wait.

Carlie Wolf
November 14th, 2015, 01:55 PM
When do you need the quilt done by? Yeah you could do up to a 10" block with it. You still spending as much time in your quilting cabin as when you first started?

quiltingtrish
November 14th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Good to see you back here Jen.

tnmtgrl
November 14th, 2015, 10:46 PM
When do you need the quilt done by? Yeah you could do up to a 10" block with it. You still spending as much time in your quilting cabin as when you first started?

She needs the quilt on the 27th.....it is just a wall hanging/ lap size and she picked out a really simple design...I used 12" blocks and I finished it yesterday....took me a week....I am really happy with the way it turned out, and yes I am out in the studio at least 3-4 hrs. a day...I usually go out at around 10 or 11, come in for lunch then go back out around 1, come back in around 3:30 to feed the doggies and get dinner going , then go back out after dinner around 6 and come back in around 8. I'd be out there longer if I had my way but you know...the DH gets testy if I don't spend time with him.

Carlie Wolf
November 14th, 2015, 11:33 PM
LOL, glad you are enjoying your studio. Don't forget to post a pic of the piece :-) Inquiring minds want to know!

tnmtgrl
November 15th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Good to see you back here Jen.

thanks Trish