PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday~!

Blondie
November 8th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

The morning has been wonderful so far, even though the sun is still sleeping. I so enjoy some time with my sweet hubby before he leaves for the day.

Last night the birthday dinner for Mom and Luscious went very well. Mom finally got to meet daughter's boyfriend. I knew she would love him and vice-versa. I proceeded to eat myself almost completely stupid but remembered to save a place for dessert. I thought I would need a wheel barrow to get me out of the restaurant, however, I managed to crawl out, promising to be back again and again and again . . .

What's up for the day?

Granny Judy
November 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I caught the Icks that SonNLaw was spreading around the house.. I must have missed sanitazing after one of his late night "raids". Just darn inconvenient right now as I threw my hat in the ring for the "iron Quilter" challenge. Wouldn't ya know? My box of goodies arrived from MSQ and is calling my name..

Instead of coffee, I'm having "thera-flu" drink and trying to focus on what's happening. I am still awed by all the lovely blocks from the Floral Swap.. mine arrived yesterday.

Maybe I'll just cover up with a quilt that needs binding (hand work) and pretend I'm sewing while I drift in and out of LaLa Land.. Meds do that to me.. I sure love my recliner for days like today.

Hugs to everyone..

Loonwatcher
November 8th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Good Morning All,

Judy - hope you feel better soon.

we are supposed to have a lovely day...in the high 50's. I have guild tonight. got my blocks done and I'm bring an old quilt. We are having a quilt appraiser there to talk about identifying old quilts; what to look for, fabrics, etc. Can't wait.

Otherwise it's just another work day. DH's friend came by last night to look at the job of taping our spare bedroom and he wants to begin on Saturday. Maybe I'll get to paint that room as my "surprise" while DH is away hunting (beginning on the 17th). Looks like I might get my sewing area out of the basement sooner rather than later.....YAY!

Have a great day!

Bubby
November 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
GOOD MORNING...
JUDY, SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU'RE NOT FEELING CHIPPER TODAY. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA - CLIMB IN YOUR RECLINER UNDER A QUILT AND SLEEP ALL DAY!

BLONDIE, SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU HAD SUCH A NICE DINNER OUT AND ABOUT. THOSE DAYS DON'T SEEM TO COME OFTEN ENOUGH. AROUND HERE WE HAVE TO TRAVEL AT LEAST 35 MILES TO GET ANYTHING DECENT TO EAT OUT AND MOST OF THE TIME IT'S NOT WORTH THE DRIVE. WE MOSTLY EAT AT HOME. LAST NIGHT I MADE A BIG POT OF JAMBALAYA AND DH WAS THRILLED.

IT'S RAINING AGAIN TODAY AND I WISH I COULD STAY IN ALL DAY, BUT I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY AND HAVE TO RISK MELTING IN THE RAIN...LOL!

I'M OVER MY PITY PARTY ABOUT MY MEDICARE CARD AND DECIDED IT'S JUST ANOTHING "THANG". ONWARD AND ONWARD INTO QUILTDOM!!! HUGS ALL AROUND....BARB

quiltingtrish
November 8th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Good Tuesday everyone!
Sorry to hear you caught that bug Judy. Hope the Theraflu sets in and makes you feel a little better today.
A regular Tuesday here for me today. Katie is off with DH to do some landscaping work. It will be a good day for them to be together.
I'll catch up with ya'll when I get home from school. Better stop at the food store and pick up a few items. The cupboards are getting emptied out.

Hugs,

Monique
November 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Sun is starting to shine. It will be another wonderfully warm day. I think DH is going golfing today so I have all day to sew. I would like to get the 3dudes blocks finished this week.

When I was at the quilt show in Cincinatti in the spring I bought a comfy grip cutter from the Grace Company. The guard does not want to stay open so I have to hold open each time I cut. Last week I called and they are shipping me a new one.

It will feel like Xmas around here. Waiting for that and floral blocks and got my order yesterday from MSQC. Lots of projects in my head.

Hope you are feeling better soon Judy.

Glad the birthday celebrations went well Blondie.

Barb happy quilting and glad you have moved forward from that THANG!!

Trish, have a good day.

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Morning Everyone! Did get to put my quilt back together yesterday. I was in a cleaning mood and didn't want to break it! Cleaned my sewing room, my parent came over to see my hubby off before he goes to work. Today is another day and I WILL sit down and put the backing fabric together I will, I will, I will........ Hope you all have a wonderful day! :D

stitching woman
November 8th, 2011, 09:52 AM
[SIGood Morning, all

of my quilting friends hope you all have a wonderful and productive day no matter what you do. Remember to take a little time for yourselves. ZE=3][/SIZE]

Blondie Glad you had a good time at the birthday bash!
Judy I hope you get to feeling better and get on your iron quilters challenge.
Barb glad you are over the hump and back to yourself.
Michelle, Monique, Trish, Nancy and the rest

Worked on quilts Sunday afternoon and all day yesterday so today is clean the house and do the laundry and just get caught up.

mianmom
November 8th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Good morning all! Yesterday I finally got the totes done for my aunt and plan to wash them today. Plus I got some organizing done along with some cleaning. Today Im thinking about pulling out a quilt that I bought at a yard sale last year, it was finished except for the quilting in it. It was even basted together, I think Im going to hand quilt that or at least get started on it.

Have a nice day everyone! Judy I hope you feel better soon!

meemeecyn
November 8th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. After a few days respite in the White Mountains I am back in the groove. Hubs especially needed some time away from the grind! Hauled my sewing machine with me, of course! Even baked several batches of cookies for our craft fair/bake sale Sat. Got lots to do this week to get ready, but wanted to say hi to all my quilting buddies. Have missed ya'll!

Happy Belated Birthday with those you love, Blondie. You are supposed to celebrate those special days! Hope you feel better, Judy! Rest...that's the best thing to do. Barb...you make me chuckle! I say I am not getting old, just older. Or maybe just 'more mature'! Nancy, great news about your 'new' room!

Enjoy the day everyone!
Cynthia

kziggy
November 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Hello Everyone!!!! Tuesday holds what monday thru friday hold every week. Taking my DD to daycare and me off to work. I wish I could say that each day was different but until the day gets going its all the same. I was going to quilt last night but I got my avon orders in and needed to sort those out. I also got my replacement cell phone in. That was a long 3 days. I am excited to say that tonight I will be able to work on my next project I am thinking that this one I am going to make the 3 dudes block x4 and sew them to make one big block to make a table topper. I got some great fat quarters from Walmart and just loved the material. I am also excited for this weekend. I get to hang out with a bunch of great girls and to get out of my house and away from the husband and DD is much needed. I also have to say i watch Dancing with the Stars Last night as I do every monday night and I was up set really. If tonight they dont send Nancy Grace home I will be extremly mad. I votes go to JR and Rob I do like Rikki but I really really think that JR should win just because he is a average guy and he is killing it! Ok enough from me I have to get my car warm and my DD dressed in winter coat and away we go. HAVE A HAPPY TUESDAY AND EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR QUILTING!:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wa ve:

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I caught the Icks that SonNLaw was spreading around the house.. I must have missed sanitazing after one of his late night "raids". Just darn inconvenient right now as I threw my hat in the ring for the "iron Quilter" challenge. Wouldn't ya know? My box of goodies arrived from MSQ and is calling my name..

Instead of coffee, I'm having "thera-flu" drink and trying to focus on what's happening. I am still awed by all the lovely blocks from the Floral Swap.. mine arrived yesterday.

Maybe I'll just cover up with a quilt that needs binding (hand work) and pretend I'm sewing while I drift in and out of LaLa Land.. Meds do that to me.. I sure love my recliner for days like today.

Hugs to everyone..

Judy I'm sending you warm wishes for a quick recovery. Unfortunately I am on day seven so hope this message does NOT contain any errant bugs. (((((((((Judy)))))))))

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2011, 12:23 PM
[COLOR="#FF0000"]

I'M OVER MY PITY PARTY ABOUT MY MEDICARE CARD AND DECIDED IT'S JUST ANOTHING "THANG". ONWARD AND ONWARD INTO QUILTDOM!!! HUGS ALL AROUND....BARB

Good luck on your appointment today. Wait until you have to start putting out for those higher co-pays that the elder card leaves for you . . .

Don't melt out there - we know how truly sweet you are. (((((((((((((((((((Barb)))))))))))))))))))))))

cyndiofthevortex
November 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Hi and best wishes to all!

I love hearing what everyone is doing today, except I wish those of you who are sick get better quickly. I have the DGSs this afternoon, so I am going to try to get a tiny bit of quilting done before they come over. Then we are going outside to enjoy our unusual 70 degree weather! You can't beat it for November, especially since we had such a big snowstorm recently. I'm trying to get some quilt tops actually quilted instead of just starting new ones, and today I am tackling a very wild pinwheel quilt for a little foster baby in my daughter's care.

Blessing sent to everyone!

Cyndi

Sandy Navas
November 8th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Okay, I've spent enough time on here goofing off this morning. I note the time and know I have to get my fanny off this chair and in place in my more comfortable perch in front of the sewing machine. Got a short note that my dear Li'l Sis is headed to town this morning so that will be great - I didn't get to see her last night because I skipped our guild meeting since I haven't been up to par.

We have had the most fantastic, much-needed rain for the past 10-15 hours - it rained all night. I took our rain gauge down a couple weeks ago to clean and store for the winter so I have no idea how much we got. I don't think we have had any measurable moisture here since way back in August sometime. There were cracks forming in the ground. Here's a picture of our backyard in all it's autumn glory:

Al did finally hook up the trailer and started picking up debris from the last wind storms we've had. That's his shop and shed at the top left. Anyone want to come roast wienies?

Okay - enough of my silliness for the day. I need a strong dose of meds and then I'm heading to my sewing room - aren't you glad I'm not out on the highways?

Very special hugs and warm wishes for all my wonderful on-line friends - and you all know who you are . . . and if you don't then just send me a friend request and I promise to approve it. Prayers where needed - and answer the doorbell if you need a massage. Boris is on the loose again.

HandsOffItsMine
November 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Aloha my dear cyber friends,

Judy, slap the SIL for giving you the creeping cruds! Hope you feel better soon, maybe add some rum to that Theraflu. Sandy, I know that your bottle is getting empty and I've send a new one your way. :P Don't thank me, what are friends for. lol

Blondie, glad you guys had such a nice feast last night.

For all those working today, have a wonderful day making $$. For those free as a bird, have fun doing what you want. :)

I lost the day yesterday with a bad migraine, still have a tension headache now on the right side. Got to get going though, the folks have left Amsterdam and will land in LA today. They visit DD, SIL, and GSs for three days, then land here on Friday. Still have to re-upholster some pillows to get rid off of FUGLY island fabric. Too bad the landlord won't let me get rid of the fabric, I could have used it for fabric swap. lol

Prayers and healing light for who need it. Hugs for all, Ruby

Kizzie
November 8th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Afternoon Ladies,
your prayers are working wonders My stepdad had his bone marrow tested today and after one transfusion of 2 units last night he said to my mum he was feeling alot better, he had to have a heart scan yesterday to see if he could handle the chemo drip he has only had the tablets so far. Still wishing for him to accept the transfusion well and healthily

hope everyone else is going good - I love you guys your are a great big family!

BellasQuilts
November 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Hello and good Tuesday to you all. Sneaking in a moment during lunch. Sounds like everyone is busy and on the mend (glad to hear about your dad responding so well, Kizzie!). Hugs all around!

Blondie
November 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hi Everyone
Gee Whiz, this day FLEW right on by. Got some dinner in the oven, it smells yummy.

Judy! I am sorry you are feeling badly now ~ hopefully you will be back in the groove tomorrow. Tis the season for friends and family to share their ickies with us. Sandy, you sound as if you are doing a bit better - Theraflu is some potent stuff.

Kizzie, I am happy to read of the good report and still continuing to pray that he will improve with each treatment. Transfusions really helped my Mom a LOT.

Ruby, I get migraines less now than years ago but when I do, watch out. I've come to learn the signals my body gives me for the most part and have found that execdrin for migraines to be a godsend. Truthfully, it works better than all the various meds I have taken over the years. Hoping the remnants that the migraine leaves behind are short in duration, dear girl.

I did a whole lot of nothing today. I mean, I did some things - finished some mini Christmas stockings for a project and one big stocking, I raked some leaves (again) and ran down the hill to Mom's for a bit. I even mopped the floors - well, more of a like and a promise - but I just have this feeling that I could've and should've done more. Tomorrow is a new day ~ Mom, Sis and I are going out of town for the day to hit the craft stores and of course, the thrifts. I need to get a good night's sleep under my belt to be ready for that! Oh yay. My favorite thing to do with two of my bestest favorite folks.

Have a good evening, ladies.

phoots
November 9th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I'm not able to do the computer before going to work. I barely got to work on time this morning, just didn't want to get out of bed. Now it's getting late and tomorrow will be the same thing. Blondie, I just don't understand how you or anyone can be so happy in the morning. I'm not a morning person. Judy, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I've got allergies...I think. I'm working in a file room that is very dusty. Every time I go in there my nose closes up! Love to you all!!

toggpine
November 9th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Hi all!

Got home late from a fair board meeting. We only meet three or four times a year, and we have a lot of business to get through. We had some pretty heavy things to discuss tonight. If the fairs loose the funding from the Department of Agriculture we have some serious decisions to make. (Something like $2 Billion needs to be cut to balance the budget.) We are in a pretty good place to start from since we have been tucking our leftover bits into savings for that last few years, and our accounts are strong enough to carry us through a year, maybe two if we trim our own budget even further. Thankfully our board of directors are pretty forward thinking people and we are already looking at ways of finding extra private funding to make our nest egg go even further. Good people working hard to make sure the kids can still have a place to exhibit their animals and other Agri-Science projects. Nice!

I managed to get the last row of the blocks pinned together today. Sometimes it is just about getting anything done in the sewing room! Hopefully tomorrow will be much more productive on several fronts.

Good night all! Cathy