PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling better! (mostly)

RiverMomm
November 11th, 2015, 11:38 AM
I am almost afraid to say it because I don't want to jinx it, but today I am sort of feeling better. About 10 days ago, I had a severe bout of tummy unpleasantness (nice way of saying it). Apparently, I threw up so hard and so often, that I bruised or cracked a rib. Who knew that was even possible?!? I am on anti inflammatory/pain meds now and I slept through the night for the first time in 10 days.

However, I am still feeling sorry for myself for missing the mini retreat with Nancy, Monique and Pat. I must have whined once too often to my DH because he suggested I buy some fabric. I love that! I may whine more. Nope, I will save this super power for another time, like a super sale at MSQC.

ceiliam
November 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Get feeling better soon

Over40momma
November 11th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Awww, you poor thing! :( That is a rough way to go about getting fabric!!!! ;) Take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better very soon. {hug}

Simply Quilting
November 11th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Ouch! I am glad that you are on the mend again. Injured ribs are not any fun and nothing can really be done to help them. Hopefully, you ladies can get together and do another retreat soon with everyone being healthy.

Midge
November 11th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Glad you are feeling better enough to post here. Severe gastroenteritis is no fun, and breaking a rib or two, even worse. Be sure to breathe deeply as an exercise very frequently. You don't need pneumonia on top of all this trouble. I think the fabric offer is a great measure of how sick you really were, lol. I know the others missed you at the retreat.

auntiemern
November 11th, 2015, 03:33 PM
So glad you are feeling a little better. How unpleasant and painful that must have been. DH dislocated a rib like that one time. Prayers for continuing recovery.

Monique
November 11th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Vicky, I am glad you are on the mend. I am sure we will have another opportunity to do it again.

Bubby
November 11th, 2015, 04:55 PM
You poor thing. Glad to hear you feel better. I did the same thing once and burst blood vessels in my eyes and around my eyes. Get as much rest as you can. Sorry you had to miss the retreat.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 11th, 2015, 05:02 PM
I am so sorry you had to miss the mini retreat but I knew you had to be really under the weather if you couldn't go to Nan's! Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better!

quiltingtrish
November 11th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Good to hear you are on the mend. Sounds like something my friend had last year. Please don't overdo too much cause you don't want it to come back. I think she lost about 20 lbs.

judimccl
November 11th, 2015, 06:21 PM
So sorry you have been feeling bad. A bruised or cracked rib can be very, very uncomfortable. Will say a prayers that you continue to feel better and heal that rib.

songbird857
November 11th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Owie.... I'm glad you are feeling better!

sewlucky
November 11th, 2015, 09:13 PM
That sounds like a miserable illness! I'm glad you are feeling more like yourself - the fabric shopping must have helped!

Terri

Grandma Nan
November 11th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Vicky so glad you are feeling better. We did think about you often over the weekend and were so sorry you couldn't join us. We said that we needed to do this again soon so that you could join in. Haven't set a date yet as there are a few things coming up but we will do this again.
Maybe Jean (Sewing Machine) will be able to join too. Now wouldn't that be a blast!!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 12th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Vicky so glad you are feeling better. We did think about you often over the weekend and were so sorry you couldn't join us. We said that we needed to do this again soon so that you could join in. Haven't set a date yet as there are a few things coming up but we will do this again.
Maybe Jean (Sewing Machine) will be able to join too. Now wouldn't that be a blast!!I'm coming up in March, will you guys be up for a gathering then?

Lightwriter
November 12th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Tummy mess is never pleasant to deal with and cracking ribs is painful. Hope you continue to improve quickly.

Carlie Wolf
November 12th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Oh I hate it when that happens :-( Feel better soon and glad there is a glimmer of light at the end of that tunnel :-)

easyquilts
November 12th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Glad you are feeling better, even if it is "sort if". And...apparently whining pays off.... Something good to know!