PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, an important day today

Monique
November 11th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Good morning friends. Today is Remembrance Day here in Canada and Veterans Day in the United States. I will lay a wreath today at the services in Shawville.

Thank you to the men and women who have served, so we could live in freedom.

Thank you to the men and women who are serving today, so we can live in freedom.

Thank you to the men and women who will serve, so we will continue to live in freedom.

Ginny B
November 11th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Good morning all and a big, very grateful Thank You to all those men and women who serve to keep us free and safe. So proud of all those in my life who have served -- my dad, both my fathers-in-law, my first husband, a number of cousins and uncles. And also Thank You to the spouses and children of those who serve. I was a "navy wife" for 8 years and I know how difficult that can be at times. Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough to say.

Have a good day everyone.

MRoy
November 11th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Happy Veteran's Day!

Cathy F
November 11th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Thank you to all who have served, are serving, and will be in the future to ensure our freedom.

Off to get my car packed up leaving for my retreat up in Lake George.

Bubby
November 11th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Morning Everyone,

May I add my heartfelt thanks to the men and women who have and are serving our country to protect and provide our freedom. I especially thank my Dad who served in WWII and the Korean War and my late husband Michael for serving 21 years in the Army. Our local newspaper has an article almost every week about a special person from our area who served our country. It makes me realize that we all walk amongst heroes every day without realizing it. Is anyone participating in the Green Light campaign that WalMart is sponsoring?

Cathy, have a great time at your retreat.

This morning I finished hemming the 5th of 6 table runners. This one is for my MIL for Christmas.

Jeff brought me a small bouquet of the last of our summer roses this morning. We are supposed to have some bad weather later today that could involve damaging wind and possible tornados.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 11th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Hello folks! Thanks to all our veterans on this special day.

Need to get my sewing mojo back. I have one more costuming job to work on, then finished with them for a while! Yay!

Have you seen the cute Sizzix die that you can make a rag doll with? It is so darling! I found the die at the Machine Shed on Monday. The dolls are just darling, I want to try it out. Totally impractical since I have boy grands and one girl who doesn't like dolls! But maybe my great grand daughter will like it. Then I need to figure out if someone would like to buy a cute little rag doll or two!

Cathy, I hear the Lake George region is very beautiful! Have fun at your retreat!

Have a great day!

MayinJerset
November 11th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Yes, THANKS TO ALL WHO SERVED. DH was a Marine Sgt. in Japan towards the end of Korean War and his DB a LT. during Viet Nam who was badly wounded twice. He (DH's brother) has been covering wars and politics for over 40 years as a newspaper reporter/editor and since he retired on military.com.

Woke up with stiff leg and in-between shoulders aches, caused by yesterday's PT. Mike PT guy will be happy with this news as he'll say his job was well done. Cold and grey again but think rain has stopped. We did get a good rain yesterday which our lawn and shrubs really needed. Have a mini rose that should be transplanted outdoors. Iffy if it will make it through the Winter but it's too big to keep on the window sill indoors. I'll plant it close to the house and heap a lot of mulch around it .

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Thank you. Honored to have served!!

Navy Wife
November 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM
The sun is finally out this morning, and we are enjoying a beautiful Veterans Day here in the foothills. DS (retired Navy, 26 years) and DH (retired Navy 23 years) are having lunch together. DS and DIL came down Sunday for our church service honoring vets. I was so proud to see them stand side by side when the Navy part of our music started. There are so many who have served proudly, and I thank you all. And I thank all the wives and kids who moved every 3 years, and lived in sub standard housing and put up with deployments and low pay and all the other things that made that service difficult. We too proudly served our country.

I've been trying to finish a quilt top that I've had for years. Just have to put the last 2 borders on and it will be done. I have 3 more that I hope to get done before Thanksgiving. DIL is doing Thanksgiving dinner so I don't have to have everything cleaned up until Christmas. I would give anything for a separate sewing room. Seems like I just get in the middle of a project, and someone comes to visit! DD will be here for a few days before Christmas, but I will be packing the RV by then, so all the projects will be put up.

Have a great Veterans Day, and stay safe all of you in the path of storms today.

CraftyJnet
November 11th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Thank you to all who served and all who are serving. Thank you for our freedom.

auntiemern
November 11th, 2015, 03:41 PM
A big thank you to all that have served. For some reason I am feeling a bit somber today. Maybe because it was a year ago today that I gave my BIL his COC patriotic quilt, and now he is no longer with us. Maybe it is because my DH still suffers the effects of his wounds and time served in Viet Nam. Maybe it is just that sometimes I just have those days. (they are becoming more frequent).

Kat Smith
November 11th, 2015, 05:19 PM
It is a very humbling day indeed, I am finding it more and more important to me the older I get, and rightly so. I have reached a level of maturity that recognizes the importance, the terrible loss and the tremendous blessings that have been and will be our because of those who serve.
At the going down of the Sun......
and in the morning
We will REMEMBER them.

Just on a little lighter side, many years ago 2 of my uncles and my Grandfather were off to war and my Father could not go because he was blind in one eye since the age of 17. He was left behind to run the family farm and take care of Gramma. Before the Uncles left they moved their wives out to the farm as well. There was my poor father with his Mom, my Mom and my 2 Aunts. My Aunts and my mother were all pregnant and delivered Aug., Sept, and Oct. I think the poor man deserved a medal for his service as well.

Hoping to get some sewing done on Grandaughter's quilt today. Just seems like a kinda lazy day. Maybe hubby and I will go for a drive to the cemetery. Better make plans before it gets to late and we get locked in again, but that's a story for an other day.

Kathy

Hulamoon
November 11th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Yes, thank you. I'm the last person in my family and inherited a burial flag of one of my uncles. I bought a flag frame and I'm going to donate them to the local veterans center.

dwil23
November 11th, 2015, 08:00 PM
Yes, a big thank you to all veterans - past, present, future.