PDA

View Full Version : For Judy, USMC, and others

SallyO'Sews
November 11th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Happy Veterans Day, and
thank you for your service!

Granny Judy
November 11th, 2015, 03:36 AM
This (avatar) was taken over 50 years ago.. just before I got out of boot camp. I come from a long line of service people, My dad, my Uncles, grand fathers , etc all joined and gave their best..some gave their all. Thank you for remembering.

Judy, USMC
November 11th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Last night (Nov 10th) we celebrated the 240th Marine Corps Birthday and today Veteran's Day!

Thanks for acknowledging my military career - - - and I am grateful that I was allowed to take a few footsteps in the long procession of honorably discharged service members who have served. I want to add my thanks to all who took the oath to protect and defend.

Today is the day to remember all of them! Honor the veterans who have served; Pray for the safety of those who are currently on duty both in the United States and on foreign seas and shores.

Semper Fi

GuitarGramma
November 11th, 2015, 04:14 AM
Thank you, both Judy's and every other veteran on the forum, for your service to our country. We enjoy freedom unknown in human history, and we wouldn't have it without you all!

Vonnie
November 11th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Thank you to all military, past, present and future soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen for keeping us safe.

JAM
November 11th, 2015, 07:30 AM
Thank you for your service. For risking your life for other's who you even never met.

Sandy Navas
November 11th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Thank you - Al and I are both proud to have served!

Grandma Nan
November 11th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Thank you to all our veterans.

irishrn
November 11th, 2015, 11:47 AM
A special thanks to all our vetrens!

JaniceR
November 11th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Thank you to all of our Veterans!! My heartfelt thanks and deep gratitude go out to each and every one of you!!!

Papa
November 11th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Thanks for remembering. Thought I would include this picture for fun. We had C-rations for three meals a day. They were supposed to send in one hot meal a week by helicopter. We had several meals that consisted of a potato and salad because someone would steal the meat before it got to us.

ceiliam
November 11th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Thank you to all who served. You are all herons,who gave much to me and our country. God bless

GrammaBabs
November 11th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Echoing all those thoughts for our wonderful people that have served and protected us so selflessly. I hope and pray with the change of leadership we will continue to stay strong and proud... Let's all remember this when voting comes around:))) Party doesn't matter... people do in all things:)

rebeccas-sewing
November 11th, 2015, 01:13 PM
My hat's off to all our military. You are our protectors, our heroes. Thank you all for your service.

Quiltfreestyle
November 11th, 2015, 01:23 PM
God Bless all who have served, are serving now or will serve in the future.
As they say, We are the home of the free because of the brave..

SewnByBee
November 11th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Thank You !!!
We are proud of you, and appreciate you. We'll , never forget
the ones , that gave all. You make us proud to be an American.
God Bless the USA.

Over40momma
November 11th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Here in Canada today is our Remembrance Day ceremonies honoring all military personnel....those who did not come home, those who lie forever now in the cradle of foreign soil, those forever lying the in the arms of the seas and those who came home, wounded and sometimes broken in ways that do not always show. We honor them this day and Give Thanks for the Faithful Service to this country and its people.

To my southern Neighbors and Friends, I extend heartfelt honor and respect to those who serve and served. May we truly not forget a single one.

Angelia
November 11th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thank you.

jjkaiser
November 11th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Yes, thank you all for doing so much to keep us all safe. We can never over appreciate the men and women who proudly served in the military for the U.S.A. and the sacrifices of you and your families.

CraftHer
November 11th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I realize that some of the very things I whine and complain about are freedoms that have been fought for by our brave military. I may complain about my mortgage payment, but I can own property. I may complain about how another car is making a left turn when I want to go straight, but I have the freedom to go where I want. I may complain about my job, but I have a job. I get upset at the anti-Christian slurs, but I am a Christian. I am so very thankful of all the men and women who serve our country. Truly, deeply thankful.

auntiemern
November 11th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Thank you to all that have served. There are any members, their spouses, and loved ones that have served. Here are a few that I know of:
Judy USMC, Granny Judy, Sandy and Al Navas, Brat Bear (Teri), Mike McEuen (Karen's DH) Martin Zeller (Kensingtons DH) Gary Enlow, (my DH), Shermurs DD, plus all the ones that have slipped my mind at the moment.
I thank them for their service, their sacrifice, and their commitment to their country. They are all super hero's. God bless them on and all.