PDA

View Full Version : To days dinner, A Swedish Classic!

Swedish leo
November 10th, 2015, 04:03 PM
To days dinner is a Swedish Classic that is to good not to share!

It is Salmon pudding or gratin.

Made with sliced potato and onion and leek. ( You can put any veggie you like in but traditionally it is spinach or broccoli).

Layer them with potato first then onion and leek and then cubed salmon. End with a final layer of potatoes

Poor on the sauce, ( 3 whole egg beaten with milk and cream and salt, white pepper and dill, Lots of dill. the more dill the better! ;-)
It will firm up in the oven and hold everything together.

Put in the oven at 225 celsius degrees for about 30 min ( if you had parboiled the potatoes and fry the onions ahead of time.) If you start with raw potatoes it will take up to an hour in the oven.

I recommend to parboil the potatoes and fry the onions ahead of the time.

Then sit down and enjoy!

kensington
November 10th, 2015, 04:23 PM
It resembles Quiche. We have that for brunch. And it has a crust. But... looks yummy.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Sounds absolutely delicious!

Sylvia H
November 10th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Oh yum! Thanks for sharing.

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Sounds delish. About how much milk and cream for the sauce? I'm thinking about 2 cups.

Swedish leo
November 10th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Sounds delish. About how much milk and cream for the sauce? I'm thinking about 2 cups.

in the recipe it is 1 deciliter liquid to 1 whole egg. Do not know how much a cups is.

I took half milk and half cream. you can go only cream or only milk. whatever you like as long as the ratio is the same.

Hulamoon
November 10th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Sounds yummy. It's one cup.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=1+deciliter+to+cups

Midge
November 10th, 2015, 05:59 PM
This sounds wonderful Annika. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitely going to make this soon.

bubba
November 10th, 2015, 11:26 PM
That looks sooooooo good! My mouth is watering. Sadly, I don't think MM would eat it.

sewluvit
November 11th, 2015, 03:32 AM
I would love this and I know my hubby would too. It reminds me of scalloped potatoes.

MayinJerset
November 11th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Sounds yummy. It's one cup.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=1+deciliter+to+cups

THANKS ANNIKA AND LORIE - THOUGHT IT WOULD BE 1 CUP PER EGG BUT BEST TO CHECK