PDA

View Full Version : Windy November

Divine Daisy
November 10th, 2015, 10:24 AM
The annual November wind and rain has arrived in the UK. It blows the last of the leaves off the trees and ushers in winter.

Time for the industrial moisturiser, scarves heavy and long enough not to blow away and long days of quilting making sure the daylight bulbs are in.

Summer was short and not great this year here so winter is not welcome but it is inevitable so am going to pull up my winter big girl knickers and get on with it!

Sandy Navas
November 10th, 2015, 10:41 AM

Getting ready here, too!! Today is supposed to be pleasant but they are warning us that it should change.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
We've had a beautiful fall, but snow and storms are coming our wY tomorrow! Stay warm!

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Still plenty of colorful leaves in our trees, they have been falling pretty slowly as there hasn't been any big winds to blow them down. We usually rake the fallen leaves around our shrubs as a Winter blanket. Guess it's time to get BBQ and deck furniture put away too.. Sure hope we don't have another cold and icy Winter like last year as it kept DH and I pretty much housebound. DH has tried to get someone to clear our driveway and walks when it snows but no takers as of yet. Our landscaper turned us down because he has contracts to clear the parking lots of local businesses. Certainly don't have any kids coming around offering to clear the snow for payment. They don't even help their parents clear their drives and walks. Kids probably stay nice and warm indoors watching movies or texting on their phones.

Over40momma
November 10th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Beautifully colored leaves all over here too.....mostly on the ground!!! The air is getting nippier by the day and I am afraid Jack Frost has been visiting for the last few nights. Fall is one of my most favorite seasons but it sure doesn't seem to last long enough. Pretty soon, we're ALL going to be needing that solar powered thermal underwear. :lol:

rebeccas-sewing
November 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I miss your country, Alison. I'd love to be able to share in your weather woes. Of course that's easy for me to say considering the sun is shining and the best of California's weather is currently taking place. Stay warm. Big hugs to you and Mr. D. from me.

Quiltfreestyle
November 10th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Sunny & breezy but with a nip in the air here in Southern California. At least we aren't baking as we were most of the summer. We are still in a drought & the humidity level feels like zero so we have been using the industrial moisturizer for some time.
I'm kind of looking forward to the expected epic El Niņo they are predicting, we sure need the water..
Everyone buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride this winter..

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I miss your country, Alison. I'd love to be able to share in your weather woes. Of course that's easy for me to say considering the sun is shining and the best of California's weather is currently taking place. Stay warm. Big hugs to you and Mr. D. from me.
Great to hear from you, Rebecca!