PDA

View Full Version : Helllllllllllooooooo Tuesday

Monique
November 10th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Good morning friends. Not much going on around here. Another work day which means another quilting day. I am almost finished the little dresses quilt. I will be glad to have that out of the way.

Hubby is back home. They had a wonderful trip to Buffalo.

Have a great day friends.

Psssssst there are only 6 more weeks until Christmas. I thought you should know. But to be precise there are 44 days 17 hours 59 minutes 25 seconds.

http://www.xmasclock.com/

Jean Sewing Machine
November 10th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Hi Monique! How great is it that a work day for you means a quilting day! Great job!

I'm back home from visiting my son in Iowa, bookended a trip to Hamilton and the MOTHERSHIP on Friday and Monday! The Friday visit was because I attended the Kaffe Fassett Color Lecture. It was so informative and inspiring! I bought one of his books, " Quilts in Morroco" and found lots of inspiration in it. So Monday when I was returning from Iowa, I took a break from driving and spent an hour in the shop with the Kaffe Fabrics to pick out some that could work in one of the quilts in the book. Such beautiful colors and patterns!

While I was visiting my son, their church held a benefit auction. I bid on some wine from Melk Austria, from the Benedictine Monastary there. I visited this magnificent Abbey in 2013, but we couldn't figure out how to carry the wine home, so we didn't buy any! Now, our Christmas libations are purchased, so we will have a nice wine tasting during our family Christmas celebration. I also bid on a opening night VIP tour of the Iowa Quilt Museum, located on the town square in Winterset, Iowa. This is a couple of doors down from the former Fons and Porter retail store, and the museum will open in spring. The Fons and Porter location is going to be occupied by another quilt store, and the former offices of Fons and Porter above the store will be converted to a RETREAT CENTER! Whooohoo!

I saw Jenny while I was in Hamilton, got a few minutes to chat with her. It was a really great day, beautiful traveling weather, beautiful fabric, but, there's no place like home in my own bed, so I'm glad to be home!

Have a great day!

Monique
November 10th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Hi Monique! How great is it that a work day for you means a quilting day! Great job!

I'm back home from visiting my son in Iowa, bookended a trip to Hamilton and the MOTHERSHIP on Friday and Monday! The Friday visit was because I attended the Kaffe Fassett Color Lecture. It was so informative and inspiring! I bought one of his books, " Quilts in Morroco" and found lots of inspiration in it. So Monday when I was returning from Iowa, I took a break from driving and spent an hour in the shop with the Kaffe Fabrics to pick out some that could work in one of the quilts in the book. Such beautiful colors and patterns!

While I was visiting my son, their church held a benefit auction. I bid on some wine from Melk Austria, from the Benedictine Monastary there. I visited this magnificent Abbey in 2013, but we couldn't figure out how to carry the wine home, so we didn't buy any! Now, our Christmas libations are purchased, so we will have a nice wine tasting during our family Christmas celebration. I also bid on a opening night VIP tour of the Iowa Quilt Museum, located on the town square in Winterset, Iowa. This is a couple of doors down from the former Fons and Porter retail store, and the museum will open in spring. The Fons and Porter location is going to be occupied by another quilt store, and the former offices of Fons and Porter above the store will be converted to a RETREAT CENTER! Whooohoo!

I saw Jenny while I was in Hamilton, got a few minutes to chat with her. It was a really great day, beautiful traveling weather, beautiful fabric, but, there's no place like home in my own bed, so I'm glad to be home!

Have a great day!

I am glad you had a wonderful trip.

Bubby
November 10th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Morning Everyone,
Oh, no, not the Christmas clock! Monique, weren't you the one who posted a link for the message from Santa site where you could make a personalized video message from Santa? I haven't been able to find it. You may not have been the one who first posted it and it's been a few years back.

Jean, glad you had such a great day up north. Visiting with Jenny is always a blessing. I need to make another trip to M*.

Not sure what my day will bring. I couldn't hand sew yesterday but will give it a try again today. I plan to close up the sewing room the first part of December until the 1st of the new year. I clean, sort and organize my sewing space, cover up my machine and close the door. I do this every year and it gives me time to set goals for the coming year and spend more time with the family.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

MRoy
November 10th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Good morning! Jean, it sounds like you had a great trip. Monique, enjoy your work day.

Thanks to Amazon wish lists I've started my Christmas shopping. Some items for DS have already been delivered here and other items will be ordered in early December and shipped to TX for the grandkids. It's always good to get it all taken care of.

I plan to finish putting borders on a JRR quilt today. I'm adding 2 borders to make it larger and I've got 3 more pieces to sew on. I think I have sufficient backing fabric and batting...so it might be ready for quilting after today.

Have a great day!

Ginny B
November 10th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Good morning all. My Christmas clock has a lot fewer days on it. My sons will all be together here at the beginning of December so I'm on the fast track this year. Amazon is my friend. :)

Sounds like a great trip Jean. Hamilton is on my list of places I want to go and I sure hope if I ever get there, I get to see Jenny.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

easyquilts
November 10th, 2015, 09:14 AM
early morning, and I'm here in bed, with my teo babies....Spencer, and Finny.... We've had our breakfast, and now we are putting off getting busy...

Today, I'm determined to get some quilting done... I have unfinished quults that must be ready by Thanksgiving.... for grand nieces and nephews.. Wish me luck.... Yesterday it took me all day to do something thst should have taken no more than 15-20 minutes... Had trouble threading the Betnina (can't quite figure out the threader, and have trouble seeing to do it by hand), and the Brother still won't stay threaded... Still don't know why....

Soooo... Hoping today will be more productive...

Have a great day, everyone... Remember... The sun is shining, even if you can't see it for the clouds.... Hugs...

Grandma Nan
November 10th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Have a great day!
Sounds like an action packed weekend. You'll need to rest up this week. That is a lot of quilt inspiration. Lucky you.

songbird857
November 10th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Morning all :)
Everyone is becoming quilty elves right now ;)
Not much sewing happened yesterday - I was feeling kind of tired. Got a good night's sleep and I'll be back at it today!
My DD is not feeling well today, so she's taking a day off from classes, and tomorrow campus is closed, so I'm hoping these two days will help her get the rest she needs. She had one cold for about 3 weeks, that was finally just about gone, and another seems to have come to kick her butt :( She didn't take any days during the last bout, I pushed her this morning to take today off, and it didn't take much pushing ;) - she must really not feel well to give in so easily. She is back in bed with puppy for company, and I don't have to go out now.
I am waiting for fedex to deliver a dish rack, since mine was needing replacing. I bought a double decker rack - less counter space used (I have very limited counter space) - we'll see if I like it! Anyone else try Jet.com yet? Kind of like Amazon, but newer. I got the dish rack cheaper than anywhere else, 20% off for a first time order, and free shipping....
I hope everyone has a splendid day today!!

KPH
November 10th, 2015, 11:04 AM
It's going to be a busy day. Heading to Backside Fabrics to pick out the backing for Good Night Irene. They have a red and a blue on sale this week that I think will look great.

I still have to get borders, but I found something local that the DH and I agreed on last week. So back there for a couple of yards of that.

The sun is finally shining after 9 days of clouds and rain! I'm ready to get out and do something in the sunshine.

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Today I have PT at noon and hope I'm able to do a little food shopping or stop at farm market afterwards. Perfect time to make a big apple crisp and as farm market has several varieties of apples on sale. Will also pick up a dozen or two of eggs that market gets from local farms. Planning dinners ahead so I'll get some peppers and few pounds of ground chuck, which will become stuffed peppers and mini meat balls to be added to home made veggie soups.

SewnByBee
November 10th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Good Morning,

I finally got qll my supplies and made my ornaments to send M*, I made bells, kinda cute I think. Itook pics of one to show you. Do we mail these to the store address ? Does anyoune know ?120844Does this look ok ?

Hope you all have a grate day, be blessed.

Simply Quilting
November 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Good Morning,

I finally got qll my supplies and made my ornaments to send M*, I made bells, kinda cute I think. Itook pics of one to show you. Do we mail these to the store address ? Does anyoune know ?120844Does this look ok ?

Hope you all have a grate day, be blessed.

Mail them to Jenny Doan c/o Missouri Star Quilt Co. 114 North Davis St. - Hamilton, Missouri 64644

SewnByBee
November 10th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks much.

jjkaiser
November 10th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Wow everyone is so organized and busy already today! So far this morning I took the dog for a nice long walk, how I start every morning, came home washed a mtn of dishes, and am enjoying my first (of many) cup of coffee. I have to work later today, second shift, so probably won't get much sewing in. Am hemming the binding on a quilt so that is at least mindless and easy to start and stop at any point.

Planning the next quilt, something for my new GD just 3-1/2 weeks old. I think I will make one fun, easy and colorful to use up some of my cp stash. Thinking of the coin quilt maybe. My DD wants me to put name, birthdate, weight on the quilt border as I always do. Thinking about putting that on the back instead of the front this time. I usually hand applique letters about 2-3" high. Saw a new technique on Pinterest, well new to me. You need two contrasting fabrics. Place them on top of each other right sides up. Draw your outline of the letters on top fabric, sew the outline on your line two times, then with small scissors cut away the top layer as close to stitching line as possible and the finished lettering is the color of your bottom fabric. If anyone has tried this let me know. Have a great day!

irishrn
November 10th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Hello all! I have just a few mins while DH is in the shower. Feels like ages since I've been able to get on here. My mornings are no longer my own as DH is now waking up earlier and earlier each day! So I'm up and at em right from the get go.
We've had an interesting few weeks. DH was started on Aricept for his dementia/ memory loss but what he became was a raging bull! It got a little hairy so he could not be left alone at all. He has stopped the med and is slowly returning to normal! But it just slam wore me out! Haven't gotten much done except routine housework while I'm watching to see what he's doing! Can't let him outside alone anymore as he tends to wonder away so all the neighbors are now calling to report his arrival. At least he isn't leaving the areas nearby.... At least not yet!
I have managed to get well acquainted with Jean's NCW tutorials and have started to cut out and sew my first one. Managed to get a bit done each day he naps but I'm still working on number one!! Hopefully he will take a long nap today since it is still rainy and cloudy out! But tomorrow is suppose to be sunny so I'll be all over outside again! He hates the leaves and must get them up but it is never without drama!
So I hope all are well. Miss seeing you all every day but for now my attention must be elsewhere and leftovers are the little I get for myself.
Showers done. Duty calls!! Hugs to all!

Sylvia H
November 10th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Good morning all! It is 11:15 am here - so I can still say 'good morning'! I overslept today, and didn't get up until 8 am. I've been putzing around the house a bit, taking care of the dog and now enjoying my second cup of coffee. I better "git crackin'" though, as I have a lot to do in the next 6 weeks.

I have a lot of time blocked off for quilting today, so perhaps I will be able to finish the tree skirt. Then on to the chenille scarves. No quilting, but a lot of cutting.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Over40momma
November 10th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Eileen sending you lots of {{hugs}} and energy boosting thoughts to help you keep up with DH. It is not easy to see a loved one go through this; but please take care of yourself too.....you need time to regenerate your body and soul too. :icon_hug:

Got a lovely surprise today, my fabric came for me to do the borders on that mystery Elevation quilt I did awhile back. I wasn't sure which way I wanted to finish it, but once I decided on the border print (Stonehenge Lava), I am quite ansy to get started on it. Very cool here today and a hard frost last night. Won't be long before that white stuff starts dancing in the air. :icon_scared:

Take care all and wishing you all a great day. :icon_wave:

JCY
November 10th, 2015, 03:41 PM
I'm late, too, but not b/c I slept in--which never happens at our house. My alarm goes off at 5:00 every day. I just finished mixing up my turkey patties, which makes 17-18 patties. I eat one almost every night for supper. However, we had a power outage a few days ago, so I had to eat a cold supper of cottage cheese & fruit & a slice of bread & PB. The guys from the lawn service came at 9:00 to blow the leaves & mow. After 2 hard freezes this week, the honey locust trees dropped a LOT of leaves! This is the 3rd season we've used a lawn service. With caregiving responsibilities, it was too much to keep on doing the lawn myself. It's all I can do to keep the flower beds weeded, & I didn't do that great of a job this summer.

I have the 3 baby quilts washed & ready to gift at the church baby shower on Sat. I just need to make some burp cloths. I got some cute flannel on sale at Hancock's the other day, so I'll start the assembly line this afternoon. They go together quickly. I have a quilt top pressed, threads clipped, & ready. I just need to put together the backing (I'll have to piece it). I made the sample block sand. last eve. for practicing a FMQ design. That is something I do for every quilt I make.

Now it's time for lunch.