PDA

View Full Version : Night owl gives a lonely little hoot...

Lightwriter
November 10th, 2015, 12:30 AM
No one stirring in the woods tonight. It is raining buckets here...has been all day. Had to splash to town to get more supplies for the reno. Hoping for several days of sun so they can work on the thing and get it done.

Accidentally forgot quilt quild today. Too much to do. Dentist tomorrow...after my last round there I am just hoping for a good report and get out of there fast for another 6 months!

Maybe, just maybe I will get to sew some tomorrow. Got things to finish!

Hoping all is good with everyone.

pcbatiks
November 10th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Hi Connie, I've been making borders for my grinch panel blocks to get them squared up......most of them are printed off grain. I decided to stop for the night before I make an "I'm tired" mistake.

Hope your dentist appointment goes well.

Hulamoon
November 10th, 2015, 01:20 AM
It's only six.After the news I'm going upstairs to try and find my old walking foot and quilting bar. It's a wreak up there and have no idea where they are. Lot's of tossing.Going to take a couple of beers with me. lol

sewlucky
November 10th, 2015, 01:34 AM
I am good! Powering through my PowerPoint tutorials for my computer class, because they are freaking boring!! Lots of school work to do, and if I can get a couple more assignments done this week I'm spending Friday quilting :) I was thinking about taking a class (that I already have the kit for) but I may just stay in pjs and work on the project I want to make for my daughter for Christmas here at home.

It keeps trying to snow... :(

Terri

Quiltfreestyle
November 10th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Not quite 9pm here so I'm not reall a night owl. I finished quilting the quilt for my friend. She just wanted FMQ in a meandering pattern. It was a big quilt & that pattern is boring for a quilt that big. I have one more to do for her & I'm going to ask her to let me do something more interesting.
Meanwhile I want to finish up a few table runners as gifts. I should be able to finish adding the borders & get them quilted tomorrow.
Hope the dentist appointment goes well Connie. I hate to go to the dentist myself.
Lori I hope you find the walking foot, unless it walked away. Lol

toggpine
November 10th, 2015, 02:25 AM
I managed to finish the bib aprons yesterday.
As I was cutting the second one, Hubby walked in and said "I like that color and pattern of that one."
"As well you should! It's yours, I'm using it as a pattern."
I made it for him to cover his nice clothes at our son's wedding this summer. Apparently he never bothered to notice that I made it reversible.
Now I'm working on the girlie aprons in the sewing room and I have dug out a cross-stitch project for TV time. Once I get the machine set up with the walking foot, I'll be at that for a while!
I hope you all are accomplishing all sorts of things tonight!

kimsophia
November 10th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Hoot! I'm finally awake at night after two days of daytime wakefulness...and as a night owl I just don't hardly know what to do with myself in the day time @,@ We had a cat with a bladder infection trying to pee everywhere so she needed a trip to the vet...she seems better now. Somehow every time she comes back from the vet her fur is sort of...greasy. She looks disheveled.

Last year I bought an LED light strip kit to stick in the harp of my sewing machine. The lights work great but the sticky tape to attach it and its clips didn't adhere. Finally I just taped it in there with masking tape but that looked ugly and got dirty. Today I peeled it off and used Goop to remove all the sticky residue. Now I just need to reattach the light strip somehow. I suppose I need double sided tape...? Gotta shop online...

Have gotten a few projects done finally, so that feels great. Now I get to pick one of my new projects to launch into. I have some wall hangings and embroidery work, and ultimately a Moroccan Tiles quilt. I want to make that in QAYG pieces. Guess I need to putter about in the sewing room. Maybe I will have an inspiration... :D

stationarymom
November 10th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Hoot all the Owls are up in their trees early tonight.I haven't been able to stay up late enough lately to be up when the Night owls come out.Connie I hope your dentist appt goes well and I also hope that rain your having doesn't head up this way.Lorie good luck finding your missing things.I hope everyone has a good night.

stationarymom
November 10th, 2015, 03:02 AM
Kim try some double sided duct tape for your light strip

MayinJerset
November 10th, 2015, 04:20 AM
Came to my desk earlier with a stack of paper work and somehow I got busy on the computer I forgot about them. They will have to wait until tomorrow as I'm tired so I'm giving a little HOOT and flying up into my tree to try to get some sleep.

toggpine
November 10th, 2015, 04:45 AM
What about that Command adhesive? I have used it to hold up all sorts of things. The cord hooks are still holding steady in the windows after 11 years. You can buy the replacement pieces without the hook dealies.

Done with the cross-stitch and TV for the night. I have to get a bunch of Emily's stuffed animals ready for the pretend pet shop we are going to create in the school library for RIF day. I think the theme is Pets & Books, Best Friends Forever.

Again, a good night to all!

bubba
November 10th, 2015, 05:33 AM
This owl is in her tree with an injured wing trying to fly off to bed. The yearly flu shot and I are not getting along this year and it hurts like the dickens! I've been massaging and moving it around and it's not helping. Not to mention the headache I've had since about an hour after we got them. I noticed MM's face was flushed, which it normally isn't, so I'm attributing that to the shot as well!

We did running around to include a stop at a quilt shop where I got the most beautiful fabric ever!! I may just take it to bed with me!

kimsophia
November 10th, 2015, 05:44 AM
The most beautiful fabric ever! Can't wait to see a picture of that! :)