PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Monday!

Monique
November 9th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Good morning dear friends. I had an absolutely wonderful weekend at Nancy's. We did not sew on Friday night, just sat and gabbed. We more than made up for it on Saturday of course. And yesterday more sewing was done until breakfast was ready. The most delicious breakfast prepared by Pat. Nancy and I went out for a little fabric therapy in the afternoon and then it was time for me to go home. The only bad thing about the whole weekend was that it was not long enough. Nancy and Pat are absolutely wonderful people.

I heard from Les last night. They also had an absolutely wonderful weekend. Apparently, they got the dressing room of the Buffalo Sabres and sat in the president's box at the football game. They were treated like kings with food and drinks. They will be home sometime today. I hope I get to see Greg but that may not happen. Boo!!

I work today so I have that little quilt I want to finish and will take with me.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Today's holiday list:

Today is Carl Sagan Day! (No idea who Carl Sagan is - I googed it.)

Today is Go to an Art Museum Today Day! (Not today)

Today is National Chaos Never Dies Day! (So true)

Today is National Scrapple Day! (I have had this and it is horrible in my opinion)

Today is World Freedom Day! (Freedom to quilt today)

Today is World Orphans Day! (Yes, I am an orphan, both parents are deceased)

Ginny B
November 9th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Good Morning all. Monique, so glad you got to spend some fun time with Nan and Pat. Sounds like it was a wonderful time. We got to see and snuggle Lily on Saturday and then yesterday I went to the farm with dh for our veggies and then to the butcher for the meat for the week. DH did the grocery store on his own and I prepped a couple meals for yesterday and the week and then headed up to the sewing room for a time. In fact, I am headed up there now for a bit before work.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
November 9th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Morning Everyone....

We had a good weekend of doing next to nothing. Jeff was bone tired from working 19 hours Friday so he pretty much chilled. I did some hand hemming on some table runners and today I have to give my hand a rest. Even with drugs I can only hand sew about two hours and then take 2-3 days off.

It feels like real winter here this morning. I will change our bed and catch up the laundry. Maybe I can find some time to work on Christmas stockings.

Monique, so glad you has such a great time with Nan & Pat. Good times always go way too fast but the memories last forever.

Have a blessed day friends.

shermur
November 9th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Monday....we'll see how the day goes.:icon_razz:

Anywho, was admitted into a local hospital Saturday (I hope to never visit again) due to symptoms that scared me. After many tests and overnight observation? I was sent home Sunday, stating test were negative (hopeful) and there's too much stress in my life.....

Again, we'll see how today goes....

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Good Morning all. I had a good day yesterday as my sisters arrived around noon time with soup, veggies and their cleaning gloves and gear. While Carol attacked the upstairs bathroom Patti helped me clear out the mess that accumulated in the dining room while I was sick. We got things back where they belong or packed away into boxes that were put on shelves in the garage. We labeled the boxes too. DS#1 stopped by and he was put to work moving the heavy stuff. Everything was ship shape in no time at all. DH was put to work setting up lunch and we all feasted on butternut squash soup, zucchini casserole, green bean salad and tomatoes. Coffee and cookies followed as we gabbed away. Patti made DH and I a chicken dish for tomorrow's dinner. Don't I have great sisters?

Bubby
November 9th, 2015, 09:48 AM
May, you have a fabulous family all around! I wish all of us were blessed with a family like yours. I hear your spunk coming back!!

MayinJerset
November 9th, 2015, 11:02 AM
May, you have a fabulous family all around! I wish all of us were blessed with a family like yours. I hear your spunk coming back!!

Yes Barb, I am blessed with some very caring family members. A few aren't so attentive but that's the way it goes so I appreciate the caring ones more.

QuiltingRN
November 9th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Good morning! Monday, back to work, but Wednesday is Veteran's Day, so no work. Saturday was a busy day, took my daughter, daughter in law and granddaughter to the American Girl Doll store in Seattle for dinner. It was a fun time, bought a few stocking stuffers for my granddaughter.
Sunday did laundry and worked on the Advent calendar I am making for my granddaughter, it is ALMOST done!
Dinner was crockpot lasagna, turned out great, hubs loved it! Will definitely make again.
Hope everyone has a great week!

KPH
November 9th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Good Morning All,

I guess you could say I went to a mini retreat, too. One of my dear work friends has a mountain house. The three Montessorians caught up Friday night. It's been a long time since we could just sit and gab. Melinda and I went to town Saturday morning with our husbands, Sherry and Lee stayed home to get some things done around the house.

We went to Ashe County Cheese. Wow! The place was packed. It reminded me of the store my Grandpa would take me to so many years ago. Cheese, fresh butter, buttermints and cider and a 10% off coupon found their way into our bags. We shopped a little in the quaint little town and went back to the house before lunch.

Lee loves to cook, so he prepared the best, (HUGE) Rubens!

Then we headed up to the sewing loft. We worked on our projects all afternoon. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a dreary afternoon. Sherry's sewing group has started a two year project, 100 - 6 1/2" squares. She had nothing but trouble. The measurements for the 2 blocks she was working on didn't make 6 1/2" squares. The measurements for the 1/2 square triangles ended up making 6 inch squares. You should have seen us pouring over the math to figure out what was wrong. She was so frustrated, cutting and recutting fabric to make and remake the blocks. I doubt that Sherry will finish that project. It makes her a nervous wreck. For a project she wanted to have some fun with, I don't think it will fit the bill.

I worked on my hexies, finished a row! Which is always a celebration for me. Melinda finish one of the jars on her cross stitch piece that she's working on. All in all, I think it was a great weekend. It's been a very long time since we were able to just pick up and do something fun for us.

This week, I'm off to the LQSs to find something to border Good Night Irene. The goal is to finish that up over the next couple of weeks. I'm planning to spend some time writing and getting Zeke's poetry book done. Shutterfly is having a sale, so I should get Jonathan's and Esther's printed up. I've been putting that off for the longest time!

ceiliam
November 9th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Morning all, May so glad you had help what a special family. Bubba glad you were able to do some hand sewing.
Sherri oh no hope you're feeling better. Hospitals no fun Hope they figure out whats going on.
Hope to get some borders put on 3 quilts. Then some table runners done for my sister which she wants for Christmas. Just need to figure out the patterns. Hope all have a wonderful day

Grandma Nan
November 9th, 2015, 12:22 PM
A little late posting this morning as I had to fast overnight and have a test done this morning so just getting home. You definitely wouldn't want me to post when I am decaffeinated. We had a wonderful weekend, Monique, Pat and myself. It was so much fun to just sit and sew and quilt. Monique is working on a stunning quilt with the most beautiful colours, Pat was putting borders on a Samurai Squares quilt and I was working on some UFO table toppers.

It is such a gorgeous day again (wishing it would stay til next March). Today, I will be back down in the sewing room. Several things to finish before the craft fair this weekend.

I did buy some material for a table cloth so I need to get it hemmed as well.

Isn't it amazing how we can always stay so busy.

Have a great day everyone and keep a SMILE for Blondie.

Hugs
Nan

Over40momma
November 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Good morning everyone....and looks like everyone was busy in one way or another! I can honestly say I had a super-productive (for me, anyway) weekend. Paperwork that needed to be filed which I have been procrastinating.......some of it was from 2008!!! Well now it is finally all done. :icon_tup::icon_tup: Amongst that I managed to get the laundry caught up; made an ice-cream cake (my oldest turned 18 and wanted one for her birthday); bought presents and cards; did the grocery shopping and banking. Now I am going to reward myself with working on a few of the quilts I have on the go and some needed clothes repairs for the hubby.

Take care all and have a great day!