PDA

View Full Version : A Sunday morning hoot

Lightwriter
November 8th, 2015, 04:05 AM
OK, I will admit this night owl stuff is for the birds... I need to sleep! Beyond exhausted. I can only let out a soft little hoot.

Went to quilt meeting today...had to present on doing twister quilt. I think it went ok. Came back home and collapsed on couch. No sleep, but rested awhile.

Watched my favorite college team play football...it was a catastrophe as usual. I honestly think we have one of the sports' lousiest coaches and the administration won't fire him. Basketball season should be much better.

Hope I can get fall quilt bound this week. Terribly behind on my little schedule. Such is life.

Reno is going slow.........between rain and their other commitments the construction crew only worked one day this week.

Crawling back in my hole in the tree; hoping to catch a few zzzzzzzz's. Hope things are going well in your corner of the woods.

Andrea F
November 8th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Good morning Connie and every other owl peeking out of the tree later.

I went to bed early-ish yesterday because I was pooped from doing nothing but fun things. I had a coffee date with a former coworker yesterday morning which was very nice. We hadn't seen each other in a year. My little sister came in the evening and we went to our favorite Chinese place. We haven't been there in months. Do you know this, when you think we have to see each other more often or do things more often and then it just slips your mind again and doesn't happen because there are so many other things to do or happening?
Today, in the early evening another friend is coming over that I haven't seen in months. We're going to have some coffee and hair color. She helps me get rid of the white and grey stuff in my hair. Tomorrow, I will look ten years younger again :D

Have a good night and sweet dreams owls! Don't fall off your trees!

MayinJerset
November 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Good Morning - it's about 8am here in Jersey so no Night Owl hooting from me. No big activities yesterday except I got my hair colored and cut. I agree with Andrea having your hair colored makes you look and feel 10 years younger.

My sister Carol will be here this afternoon and we'll catch up with family happenings and also discuss how to quilt her latest quilt. Hopefully sister Patti will come also. It's time for the 3 of us to have a gab feat before we all get so busy with the soon to be here Holiday season.

Ginny B
November 8th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone. Sunny morning here. Yesterday we finally got to snuggle Lily! She is now up to 5lbs. 2oz. Had a wonderful visit. Today I will be having a sewing day. Already told dh that it he wants to see me, he knows where to find me. I've been chipping away at the list of things that I want to have ready for the craft fair next month but feel like a need more of a dent put into that list instead of little chips.

Have a wonderful visit with your sisters May. Monique, Nan, Pat, have another great day at your mini-retreat. Hope the night owls who were here earlier are having a nice rest.

Enjoy your day all.

SewnByBee
November 8th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Hey my night owl friends, want to give you a hello .
I just missed seeing you at my 2:00 visit, yea, I do that sometimes,
Hi, connie
Hi there Andrea,
Good morning May.
Good to see you girls,
I would love to take a class , maybe my daughter and I will
find one after she gets out of collage this spring, w enjoy hand piecing
together right now on or own projects. We want tomake a quilt ,together.
We both love scrappy quilts.Our fabric choices are a bt different ,it will fun.
...........Bee

aliaslaceygreen
November 8th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Good morning! I am heading off to work in a bit, but have tomorrow off.... and a list like I can't believe to get done. I am guessing sleep may have to just be eliminated, but I LIKE my sleep too much! I am like this doggie... https://youtu.be/GzIS_0iSJWY (http://youtu.be/GzIS_0iSJWY)

judimccl
November 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Hope you are able to get some much needed sleep, and also hope the rain lets up so that reno can go forward. I know what a mess it can be! :icon_wave:

kimsophia
November 8th, 2015, 02:20 PM
I slept at night, first on the couch and then the living room floor and then in bed...I have the crazy robe lining finished. Will hopefully get pics today. :) We are raking the yard this afternoon. I liked that when I was young. Actually I liked jumping in them...

toggpine
November 8th, 2015, 02:48 PM
No night owling for me last night.
I went to visit a failing friend in the hospital. It was hard, and kind of sucked the energy out of me.

I have sewing time on today's schedule. I also have a batch of mac'n'cheese to make for supper.
It will probably be pretty low key around here today.

Hugs, C