PDA

View Full Version : Attacked by dust bunnies

TMP
November 7th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I feel like I am being taken over by lint, strings, pits of fabric. Its everywhere and I do sweep and dust . I have tried uncluttering my sewing room. My fabric etc is mostly stored in cabinets. I try to be careful and don't throw stuff in the floor. For some reason today its driving me crazy.

SewnByBee
November 7th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I'm sure some fabric flies fibers worse than others, I like starch, because, I think t helps with fibers too. I press and starch befote cutting.

SuzyQue
November 7th, 2015, 08:04 PM
My sewing studio was covered in a fine layer of terry dust recently.......too many bibs and burp cloths. That terry cloth makes almost as much mess as Minky!

Quiltfreestyle
November 7th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I try not to drop bit & threads on the floor too, but somehow I always manage to track those tricky bits all over the house. And YES some days it drives me nuts,,,

Splinter
November 7th, 2015, 08:37 PM
The other day I came home to find my dog at the door. We went through his usual greeting ritual, which always ends with him picking out a toy to chew and lick. As he bounced away with toy in mouth, I saw a red fuzzy just above his tail. On closer inspection, I found that it was a fiber from some red quilting fabric. It's about time that happened! He has been leaving his short, black and white hairs on my clothing for several years. If he has to wear a bit of red fiber on his back, I say that pop of color looks good on him.

Carolnnc
November 8th, 2015, 12:47 AM
I have 3 recycle bins around my sewing room. My hubby laughs because they are empty......the scraps and thread tails are piled all around the bins and I really am trying hard to get the scraps in. I believe it's a warp in space! The thread tails drive me crazy too. I try to lay down loops of wide tape and try to hit them but more times than not it just doesn't work.

auntiemern
November 8th, 2015, 05:01 PM
No matter how careful I am, the stuff just gets on the floor. How lucky am I though? I leave to take the grands home, and come back to a freshly vacuumed room. Yeah...he loves me like that.

SuzyQue
November 8th, 2015, 11:59 PM
My hubby put a scrap of dark, navy blue carpet on our basement stairs landing. I have my studio in the basement, along with our family room. It has a tile floor. Needless to say, every time we cross that navy carpet, every bit of lint and thread hit it and glare back at us. I guess it is the first soft surface after all that tile, so the bits and threads on the bottom of my socks and/or slippers land there. I would NEVER carpet a sewing room with that color!