PDA

View Full Version : Caramel Coated Night Owl

toggpine
November 7th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Night owling because I fell asleep on the couch after supper!
I just finished making a batch of caramel popcorn. We are going to the movies tomorrow and I refuse to pay the price for their popcorn. So I'll smuggle some of this in and we'll all be happy.
I have to say that this recipe is super simple and quite tasty. I'll post it in the recipe section if anybody wants it.

The day took a bit of a side trip from my original plans, as Hubby was home from work today. I usually give him a list and he makes the Costco run on his way home. He still comes home with non-list items, but that's on him. Today we only came out with extra doughnuts and Nutella. He agreed to the Nutella with the idea of chocolate hazelnut butter cookies in his future. Sure! Right after you finish the Clementines and bananas! He also claims the doughnuts are for Emily. Uh huh, right.

I managed to get a bit more done on the two bib aprons. The straps and ties are sewn, turned, and pressed. I'll top stitch them later this morning.
Do we still have Flash Sewing weekends? It has been awhile since I checked, but it tis beginning to be the season of gifty sewing.

kimsophia
November 7th, 2015, 06:41 AM
I made popcorn last night and watched basketball with my buddy. But he just wanted to talk. He's a gabbler. I think it is part of the frontal lobe damage. I like silence in general so I can only take him for so long and I have to get away. lol I just took him on a grocery run and dropped him home. I did make pulled pork in my crockpot since he doesn't have one and he doesn't cook anyway. I think cooking is fun but he's not interested in it. Just in eating! :D

songbird857
November 7th, 2015, 04:43 PM
mmmm caramel popcorn!! I have been pulling a few late nights getting some sewing in, but not too late. I have to get up too early in the morning :)