PDA

View Full Version : The first FRIDAY of November

Monique
November 6th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Good morning friends. THIS IS THE DAY!! I get to sew all weekend with Nancy and her sister. Unfortunately Vicky is sick and won't be able to join us. BOOHOO!! But, I am all packed and ready to go.

I spent the better part of the day yesterday making pumpkin puree. I don't carve my pumpkins for Halloween for this reason. I have made my pumpkin squares to take with me.

Have a great weekend friends. And yes, I will get pictures of us working hard.

Jean Sewing Machine
November 6th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Hi Monique, hope you and Nancy and her sis have a great weekend! So sorry Vicki won't be able to join you.

I'm going to Hamilton today! Whooohoo!

Have a great weekend!

Grandma Nan
November 6th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm all ready Monique. Can't wait til you get here. I am so sorry that Vicky is not feeling well and won't be able to join us. I was really looking forward to meeting her. I got my cooking done as well so it will be sew sew sew all weekend with maybe a shopping break.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I'm the beneficiary of some of Monique's pumpkin puree so I am a lucky duck. Yummy, pumpkin bread and I expect I will be looking for her pumpkin squares recipe.

PS I have a bag of goodies for Monique that I brought home from the Fall Forum Retreat.

Monique
November 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
I'm all ready Monique. Can't wait til you get here. I am so sorry that Vicky is not feeling well and won't be able to join us. I was really looking forward to meeting her. I got my cooking done as well so it will be sew sew sew all weekend with maybe a shopping break.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I'm the beneficiary of some of Monique's pumpkin puree so I am a lucky duck. Yummy, pumpkin bread and I expect I will be looking for her pumpkin squares recipe.

PS I have a bag of goodies for Monique that I brought home from the Fall Forum Retreat.

I am bringing the recipe with me. LOL! And I have surprises for you and Pat too!!!

Ginny B
November 6th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Happy Friday all. Sounds like Monique and Jean are going to have super weekends. I hope to have a fun weekend too --- dh and I are over our colds so if all works out, we will go and visit with Lily and finally get to hold and snuggle that little peanut. :)

I also will be spending a good amount of time in my sewing room. Got a craft fair coming up in December and I have a list of things to finish up for that. Isn't it amazing how everything seems to come up all at once. I've got the craft fair a week after Thanksgiving and it just so happens that is the same day that my "far-away" sons arrive for a weeks visit. I am so excited to be able to have all 4 of my sons together in one place!

But now it's time to get this Friday moving along. Have a great one everyone. Safe travels Monique and Jean.

Bubby
November 6th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Morning Everyone.

Jeff let me sleep in a little this morning. He is working a double shift today so it will be a long day for both of us.

First thing this morning will be tidying up the house and the rest of the day will be sewing. I have five table runners and a play mat to bind. Christmas items are beginning to pile up around here.

Monique and Jean, travel safe and have a great time. Ginny, I know you can't wait to get your hands on the little one. These are the good things in life...enjoy!

Vicky, sorry you're under the weather...feel better soon.

Wishing everyone a great Friday.

songbird857
November 6th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Mmmmm... Monique, you reminded me that I have a small pumpkin that I want to puree and make pumpkin seeds with too!
Heading to the library this morning for a bit, then it's more sewing for the craft fair!
I hope everyone has fun doing sew'y things this weekend ;)

dwil23
November 6th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Good Morning, all!

I am really wanting to go back to bed this morning. But, my friend and I are planning a trip to a local quilt show, so got to get moving. She came over yesterday and I showed her how to web her blocks, starch the backing til stiff, spray baste and sandwich, then FMQ a small quilt. I sat down last night with DS to watch the hockey game while hand binding the baby quilt. One of my cats was insistent on sitting on my lap, so had DS put the quilt away and I fell asleep, and that quilt is still waiting. The Mom was in the hospital in labor last weekend and then it stopped. My newest grandson will be dedicated at Church on Sunday, so planning on giving him his quilt then (I finished it last week).

Work tonight, then tomorrow morning I want to see a vintage machine that someone has posted on CL and then to see the Peanuts movie with DGS Snoopy. It will be a busy weekend. Hope everyone has a Blessed Day! Prayers for all in need.

aliaslaceygreen
November 6th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Working. All weekend. Blah! But, I am making my Christmas list, so that has been fun. If a bit overwhelming.... It looks like summer temps today and then RAIN all weekend... oh, joy!! Take care and be quilty, those who are getting to quilt!

TRLSRL72
November 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Work til 5, then home to make dinner. Fingers crossed I make it into the sewing room. I still have a lot of cutting to do for my moms quilt. Hope to finish all the cutting this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

easyquilts
November 6th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Sounds like a great weekend coming up for you!

I'm hoping to get a couple of projects DONE... I'm really bad about starting new projects, before finishing whatever I'm working on... I have plastic bags full of the beginnings of quilts, plus several quilts ready to be quilt ef, sandwiched, et be... It's an OCD person's nightmare (ii'm nit OCD, obviously),,, please wish me luck... I'm going to need it....

MayinJerset
November 6th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Wish I was one of the gals having quilty plans at home or with friends. Wait a minute! My sister Carol will be here on Sunday with her Star Wars quilt and I'm sure her latest project so I'll be having a quilty weekend too.

Not sure I 'll be making any quilted Christmas gifts this year but might be a good idea to make up this year's list. Already have 3 small gifts for granddaughters who lost their other grandmother last weekend. DH made prints of the photo of he took of Rose and I at DGD's RN Pinning Ceremony back in May and he matted and framed them.

Simply Quilting
November 6th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Monique and Nancy have a great time this weekend. Vicky, sorry that you are sick.

Jean, Sandy and anyone else going to Hamilton today have a great time.

Yesterday we worked up 45 pounds of carrots and 20 pounds of potatoes plus a few onions. Part of that was the start of a soup that I make.

Today we will enjoy the beautiful fall weather with friends. And I am planning on getting some more sewing done this evening.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend everyone :)

Over40momma
November 6th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Morning all! Oh you all sound so busy and having such fun together....I've missed you all. We're getting a bit of liquid sunshine here but temps are still warmish.
After several months of struggling to get binding done on placemats, I can say I have (if not mastered), at least competently completed that project! Hopefully I will remember to get pictures before they get all stained. LOL Finally figured out what to do with my "elevated mystery quilt" and ordered the border fabrics. Now just stalking the poor mailman. :lol:
With luck (and a boot in the bum) I hope to get all my paperwork into the file cabinet; but it is presently littered all over my sewing table...and chair....and tubs....and floor. :icon_eek:
I want to make some serious in-roads on my big star block quilt top. I have to trim up all the blocks now and see if I have made enough mini pinwheels for the border. And bless my daughter, she is letting me use one of my "jelly roll race" tops to fashion the back!!!
Now I want all who are travelling to be safe and hope everyone gets to play with their fabric and quilts this weekend. Blessed be to you all.