PDA

View Full Version : More Night Owl Hootinanny

kimsophia
November 6th, 2015, 03:00 AM
Hootie hoot! How is everybody? I got one front panel of my crazy block flannel robe sewn. One more to go. I truly am having fun with this. So much fun to not have to match seams.

I got a box in the mail today from my aunt in Texas. She sent a whole bunch of crocheted doilies and embroidered things. Some of the pillowcases look like they could have been my mom's work but I don't know for sure. Since I took those Craftsy classes I know how to make those stitches. I thought she had been doing back stitching but it is stem stitching.

She also sent a pendant that looks like a diamond, but I sure hope it isn't because I'm not convinced that she is mentally capable of making good decisions. As she sent it by registered mail in a flimsy box... :( I really don't think she had any such fancy jewelry. It would be cool hung on a crazy quilt block!

What's up with you? @,@
BULLS WIN!!! :D

toggpine
November 6th, 2015, 03:22 AM
I'm plowing through a few UFO things and managed to get a pair of aprons cut out. I'll do the girlie ones tomorrow.

Hubby is home from work tomorrow, so that may affect the schedule some. We'll see.

The kiddo fell asleep early while reading, and has now woken up. After a round of water, checking on the kitty, and a trip to the bathroom, it's time to re-tuck her in. I'm headed that way too. This cleaning thing is starting to wear me out!
I want to get to washing the outside of the windows tomorrow if I can squeak it in between rain showers. It's been a while since they have been done on the outside, even though it has been on the list all summer.
Happy Hooting all y'all!
Cathy

stationarymom
November 6th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Hoot,hoot Kim and Cathy.I went to the store today (walmart) has anyone bought their fabric before? I was looking for border prints to make a 60 degree table runner.Kim without my glasses I can use the cheap ones you buy in the dept store to do hand work like hand quilting.I don't have much else happening because I can't see well enough to use the machine or cutter.

bubba
November 6th, 2015, 03:50 AM
I use the Waverly fabric from there for the linings of my purses. They have nice solid colors that have small white dots (pin dots) and I think they look nice and the feel of the fabric is pretty nice too.

Granny Judy
November 6th, 2015, 04:15 AM
Hoot, Hoot. I am glad to know I'm not tree sitting alone tonight. I haven't gotten much sewing done the past 2 days. I got a new talking book and just can't put it down. I'm a si fi addict and this one just holds my attention because the narrator is just that good.

I've used Wal-Mart fabric before.. You really have to "feel" it to make sure it isn't the thin Low thread count stuff. I put a lot of their fabric in my donation quilts.

I've got so many UFOs to finish... I hope I can get them done in time for gifting this year at Christmas. There are 4 quilts that need 2 be done for the Abuse center. I keep shoving them to the back burner and now I fear they won't get done in time. One must PRIORITIZE... and family stuff come first.

My little 7 lb wonder dog has settled in nicely and has taken over His spot in my bed. I say IN my bed since he has to crawl under the covers when he sleeps.

kimsophia
November 6th, 2015, 04:29 AM
Granny Judy, your dog is so cute! I have never have found a cat who will tolerate having the covers over them... :)

Andrea F
November 6th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Good morning, I'm back from my work trip and will be hitting the sewing room soon to sew another bag. I hope everybody is well around here!

easyquilts
November 6th, 2015, 12:35 PM
OMG.. I just had to say that I well remember the hootenanny.... They aere amazing.... Folk songs and all.

Midge
November 6th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Missed you guys again last night since I actually slept! Yay! I didn't start my day dragging around. Granny Judy, what an adorable photo of your fur baby! So cute. Kim, that crazy quilt is going to be an original work of art! And yes, Sandy, I too remember hootenannies. Love the folk and blue grass music. Hmm...now I know what to put on my phone today to listen to while I walk the dogs.