PDA

View Full Version : Weather, What the heck was that?

DeniseSm
November 5th, 2015, 10:28 PM
Here is Texas we are under flash watch, and tornado watch. At the worst of the storm it sounded like a train rumbling by, thunder so loud and close you couldn't hear yourself shouting, and rain coming down side wise like you were underwater.

I went outside with a flash light afterwards. About 100 feet of board fence has been ripped right out of the waterlogged ground. The whole posts with all the concrete attached were just ripped right out.

Scary. I need more chocolate now.:icon_scared::icon_mooooh:

Carlie Wolf
November 5th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I've heard that thunder sound is a tornado. Hummmmm looks like you are very very lucky!

shirleyknot
November 5th, 2015, 10:40 PM
You just had a close encounter with a smallish tornado. Thats what they sound like; a big train going by. I've lived through two of them in Iowa.

JCY
November 5th, 2015, 10:52 PM
According to tonight's news, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area DID get a tornado today. It showed the roof being ripped off a big bldg. The metal sheets landed on employees' cars in the parking lot. Thankfully, no injuries to people.

Ginny B
November 5th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Scary for sure Denise. Glad you are safe.

pcbatiks
November 5th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Yikes......that is scary! Lots of chocolate required now! Glad you are okay!

Nidan_07
November 5th, 2015, 11:39 PM
More Chocolate, Denise!!!! Go straight for the Chocolate!! Chocolate Fixes everything.

We are just entering our storm season here, and they say it's going to be a bad one. Think I will keep chocolate on hand at all times...just in case!!

You stay safe!!

K. McEuen
November 6th, 2015, 12:11 AM
At the worst of the storm it sounded like a train rumbling by,

^^^^^ THAT was your tornado.

DeniseSm
November 6th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Good grief. Now I'm afraid to look outside tomorrow when the sun comes up.

How am I supposed to get any quilting done?

So nervous I had to break out the dark chocolate covered espresso beans.

I'll take a picture in the morning.

Cathy F
November 6th, 2015, 01:10 AM
Very scary, glad you are safe.

kimsophia
November 6th, 2015, 02:51 AM
I've had those chocolate-covered espresso beans and they made me really wired...I hope you can sleep...

bubba
November 6th, 2015, 03:53 AM
We had real bad winds a couple months ago and ripped our oldest daughters fairly new gutters right off the house!

TRLSRL72
November 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Glad you are safe and ok. Scary!

pcbatiks
November 6th, 2015, 11:37 AM
How are things in your area this morning, Denise? Hoping everything is okay.

Over40momma
November 6th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Denise, you are one lucky lady!!! Now keep your chocolate in the basement and stay there whenever you hear that "train" again. Horizontal rain is a good indication of tornadoes nearby....so are hail, green clouds and your 'train'. From your description of the damage, you either had a small funnel cloud land or got sideswiped by one passing through.
Oh....and you might want to give some chocolate to your guardian angel.....she just had the feathers scared right off her! :icon_hug::icon_hug::icon_hug:

DeniseSm
November 6th, 2015, 12:08 PM
That was a close call. Doesn't look like I will get much quilting done this weekend.

easyquilts
November 6th, 2015, 12:25 PM
You probably had a tornado, if you heard that freight train sound.... I heard it once...going over our house....and it's something you never forget.

Chocolate, indeed...and lots of it...

alliek
November 6th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Stay safe, prayers for everyone, REstock that chocolate at first chance!

Claire OneStitchAtATime
November 6th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Close call for sure. But breathe easy. You made it intact, and that's the only thing that matters.

shirleyknot
November 6th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Doesn't come much closer and leave you mostly unscathed! Very lucky!

bubba
November 6th, 2015, 04:01 PM
And whiskey....stock up on that too!

snippet
November 7th, 2015, 01:25 AM
Yeah, we are getting lots of weird weather in Texas, aren't we?

I'm sorry about your fence, but happy it was just the fence and not your house!