PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, another BEAUTIFUL November day!

Monique
November 5th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Good morning. I think we are having our Indian Summer this week. Today will be the best of the week I think. One more sleep until we meet at Nancy's.

Today I will be packing up and getting ready for my little trip. Les wants to cut grass, so go for it buddy!! I have better things to do.

We did pick up the brooch from the auction house yesterday. It is okay I guess, sterling silver and all. The watch is tiny and I can't see what time it would be anyway. And the bracelet is a little too snug. Maybe something else I can do with it. Turn it into a bracelet somehow?

Gotta run. Have a wonderful day friends. Love y'all.

songbird857
November 5th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Good Morning!
Another nice day here :)
Not much excitement around here right now (that is not a bad thing...) - just the usual for today; cleaning, cooking, and sewing!
I hope everyone has a great day ... CIAO.

Carol336
November 5th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Good morning. Foggy rainy morning here..hope it burns off.

Sounds like DH's win might come in handy for christmas gifts. I got a tenis bracelet one year that was a little snug so I had a link put in that was a little bar that they engraved my initials on.....worked well and was a nice touch

Took my quilt/wall hanging to the LQS yesterday...total cost with tax roughtly 47.00, whidh I though was pretty good but the turn around time is 12 weeks - phew, good thing I didn't need it for christmas. A lot of the quilters in my building swear by this shop, so I signed on the dotted line!!! And the wait begins.

Have a great time on your mini-retreat Monique......can't wait to see the pics.

C

Grandma Nan
November 5th, 2015, 10:41 AM
On my way to the grocery store so I can feed the ladies this weekend. Thats not totally true cause they are bringing stuff too. OK, so I just need to buy some groceries. I can't believe how beautiful our weather is for November.

Hoping to get in a little sewing today but we'll see. I do have some errands to run.

Hope everyone SMILES today, it makes the pessimists crazy. Have a wonderful day.

Nan

Bubby
November 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Morning Everyone...We had a late night visiting with friends at their home. We had a wonderful meal and lots of time to catch up with the happenings of our busy lives. New friends are like silver, but old friends are like gold. It was a very good time.

I made a few pillowcases this morning to go with the two curved log cabin quilts I made recently. I also finished a set of pillow shams that were commissioned. Will post pictures later today.

Have a blessed day everyone.

aliaslaceygreen
November 5th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Wet, again. It's been a rainy week! I have cleared off some horizontal surfaces; here's hoping I actually accomplish some quilting or Christmas gift making!!!

auntiemern
November 5th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Been up since 6 ( I have no idea why ). I will take a nap later. I have a lot on my mind I guess. I am however so VERY excited about something that is going on right now. Can't go in to details, but it is a GOOD thing. Been working on my ornaments for M*, and my SS swap ( I am never ahead of the game on that one...I prefer the pressure of playing catch up. (especially once I know who I am creating for) I know that is not in the rules...but I know the coordinator...and have NEVER been late getting mine mailed on time, lol. Need to get busy on that SS stuff and other things with a dead line. Have a blessed day all. Hugs and prayers.

Cathy F
November 5th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Morning all,
Late getting to the forum today, had to be up and out early to drop my car off at the dealer by 7:30 for an oil change and inspection.
My retreat up at Lake George is next Thursday, so excited to actually get some sewing time in. I did manage to get a quilt label made for a quilt I finished months ago for my expected grand niece due in December.
Going to finish deciding on the few extra UFO 's to pack up. I already packed up four table runners and a quilt top to be finished.
Off to the food store today cupboards are looking kind of bare, time to stock up again.
Monique, have a great time at your retreat!

MRoy
November 5th, 2015, 12:35 PM
It's a pretty day here too. Although it's overcast, the temps are supposed to be in the 70s. Tomorrow it's supposed to start getting cold and more like November again. I've finished two small donation quilts lately and have my full-sized cheddar bow-tie top ready to quilt when I get a backing and batting. I'm trying to keep my projects going at home and sew donation quilts at sit-n-sew.

I got the new F&P Easy Quilts magazine yesterday and I love the quilt on the cover. Might have to make one of these some day in different colors.

http://kqimageserver.com.s3.amazonaws.com/cv3/thumbs/LQK15234_2.jpg

KPH
November 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Good Morning everyone. It's still dreary here. I'm still hoping to see the sun for a little bit. It seems like it's been forever since we've had a clear day.

Trying really hard to get Good Night Irene off of the living room floor. 4 rows left to put together. Then trying to figure out what kind of border we want. I think the DH has adopted this one. He really likes it.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. Happy retreating to those who are going. I guess my old teacher friends and I are sort of retreating this weekend too, visiting anyway.