PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl HOOTenany

Lightwriter
November 5th, 2015, 03:29 AM
HOOT HOOT! Boy, that felt good. Haven'tt got to do that in awhile. My faithful Mac laptop died after 7 years and I had to purchase a new computer...motherboard was gone. When I went to sign onto forum my password was not recognized. Started a downward spiral of resetting passwords that were not recognized. Took a WEEK of trying to contact M* before I could get signed on new laptop (not Mac this time, my budget just wouldn't accomodate the Apples this time) as well as Ipad. Whew!

BTW I am not liking Windows 10. Too invasive for my taste. I hate the assumption it is possible everyone is online all the time. Our Internet often goes down (I have only one choice of connection...a local wifi tower that is poorly maintained. No DSL or cable. Satellite might be possible but it has data limits.) Gonna be interesting with new service model they will constantly update...how long is software going to last before it gets outdated. My major gripe has been with nearly every major change of operating system that other software had to be repurchased...and I have been messing with computers since before the first Windows. Can anyone say MS DOS?

I had to set it up so I would not have to sign in via Internet. Then I had to spend forever changing privacy settings. Probably missed a couple at that.

Sewing time limited lately by illness, other responsibilities, and reno project. Massive rains have slowed the building project down to a crawl. At this rate we will be lucky to be finished by Thanksgiving...

Hoo else is in the hooting mood?

stationarymom
November 5th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Hoot hoot sorry to hear about your computer problems.I'm lost when it comes to trouble with the computer not to literate here.I hope your rain and everything else lets up so you can move on with your reno.This is the first night since we changed the clocks that I have been up late enough to be on with another owl.I had to go get new glasses because,I was out with the puppy and he knocked them off my face and then decided to play keep away with my glasses.You should have seen the tooth prints in my lenses,i found them in one end of the yard and the lost arm in the other.I have no glasses for a week so I won't be using the rotary cutter or machine.

kimsophia
November 5th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Hoot hoot! I woke up half an hour ago. I'm looking forward to starting my crazy flannel project. I'm rethinking making it a rag quilt type, though. Since it is going to become a robe, I'm not sure I want the fringes to be on the outside picking up extra cat hair...I guess I could fringe the seams on the "wrong" side of the fabric. I would think it would be warmer to make it have a gap of air between me and the robe. Hmmm....

Ugh, computer problems...DH is a programmer and yesterday he had to update our virus/malware/ad blocker program which wasn't working. The computer caught this bogus bug that is a scam and looks like a Microsoft error screen, but is actually some kind of trick. I don't understand computers but he said we had 'Debug malware error 895-system32.exe failure' which is a big alarming message and a fake Microsoft phone number to call. I was disappointed because I was cruising quilt photos on the web and then this click bait about scary creatures of the ocean when it popped up. He didn't think I caught it right then but still, it sucks that I can't web surf safely. :P

A week without glasses! I guess I would be listening to the radio a lot? What are you going to do, stationarymom?

CraftyJnet
November 5th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Hoot! Sorry to learn about your illness and computer problems Connie. And Joan, that's not funny about the puppy taking your glasses. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have glasses for a week. I'd be housebound for sure.

Tonight I can't sleep so I am working on my pinwheel quilt. I am sewing sashing on rows and then sewing the rows together. Too bad I didn't order enough fabric though. My orders are due from M* on Friday/Saturday so then I'll be able to continue making pinwheels. And there are the golden tickets to look forward to scratching! I hope everyone has a pleasant evening and gets some good rest.

bubba
November 5th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Just headed off to my nest. Yoda is next to me on the couch and has been having noisy doggy dreams on and off for about an hour. I sure wish I knew what they were about! Before Oscar died, he used to like lying in front of the register under the island in the kitchen. The past couple days Yoda has been lying in the same place. It has dropped in the temperature and I'm thinking the fireplace will be on by weeks end.

My sister called this morning and wants to have an open house at her house on Saturday to show off our inventory and hopefully sell some more. I'm not going to complain about that!

Miracles of miracles, I finished sewing the fourth pair of ugly pajamas today. I just have to do the buttonholes and buttons on two pair and give them all a good press then deliver them.

Another miracle today was that two of my deputies were able to walk away from a really bad accident with only minor injuries. They were in pursuit of a stolen F250 pickup when the truck did a uturn and hit them head on at a high rate of speed. Both airbags went off and I'm sure saved them from serious injury or even death. I'm sure they will be sore the next couple of days. The other driver got away and the truck was found abandoned several miles away.

Our youngest daughter called today wanting to know if I had any hotdogs. All I had were six frozen ones. She said she would send the middle grandgirl down to get them. I quickly shopped thru my cupboards and freezer and sent two bags of groceries home with her. The should have enough for seven dinners. I am astounded that someone who makes $12 and hour and has children makes to much to qualify for any kind of assistance. By the time she pays her rents and utilities, that is her paycheck (and believe me, she lives in a rinky dink apartment that costs next to nothing). Thank goodness she doesn't have a car payment! We have been trying to convince her to hunt for a new job with better pay, but she hasn't wanted to because of her benefits to travel while working for the airlines. Yesterday, she finally admitted she needed to find a different job. I asked her to wait till we get home from Hawaii!

Okay, my lids are heavy.............

SewnByBee
November 5th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Hootie hoot hoot, I'm still up too. Getting a bit wacky now. Watched the awards tonight whoohoo Luke Bryan.

Sorry to hear about the COMPUTER, good to see you, again.

Hi Joan, your up late too I see, oh things are getting interesting around our house these days.

Well, hope you all get nore done than me. I done, I think. Good night.

kimsophia
November 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Here's what I'm up to tonight, with my flannel crazy pieces! :)120597
This is the most fun I've had machine quilting. No need for pins so I'm not constantly stabbing myself and the pieces can be off kilter a bit as they make no sense anyway. lol