PDA

View Full Version : who likes coloring???

bubba
November 5th, 2015, 02:14 AM
29 Printable Mandala & Abstract Colouring Pages For Meditation & Stress Relief | (http://www.the-open-mind.com/29-printable-mandala-abstract-colouring-pages-for-meditation-stress-relief/)

happygram
November 5th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Thanks! These are really going to be fun.

stationarymom
November 5th, 2015, 02:58 AM
I do ,I used to love to color with my kids .The books they had were kind of mindless I don't know if the designs they have in those adult books would relax or stress me.

SewnByBee
November 5th, 2015, 03:25 AM
I use to love color too, I lked the simplicity of the older pictures.

Carlie Wolf
November 5th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I love mandala's and abstracts. Very Jungian. I use to do that instead of doodling. Then I turned some of them into weavings. There is just "something" about filling a circle :-) Thanks for this.

YellowCockatiel
November 5th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks for sharing - I'm printing the cat one now.

asta
November 5th, 2015, 10:41 AM
I am looking for a quilt coloring book, one where I can play with color to help when designing quilts, would be great to have some plain, traditional style blocks to try out color ways.

wlrquilts
November 5th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Our local library is having a adult coloring event tonight. I thought I would go.

Hulamoon
November 5th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I like to color too. Relaxing.

I am looking for a quilt coloring book, one where I can play with color to help when designing quilts, would be great to have some plain, traditional style blocks to try out color ways.

There are some on Amazon.

Amazon.com: quilt coloring books (http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=quilt+coloring+books&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=84034244896&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=134923592604421050&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8f2rnfg7m0_e_p2)

Snip Snip
November 5th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks for sharing these pages. I never thought I would have the patience for coloring, but it might be just what I need. I do have some friends who will love these.
(If I have the patience to quilt, one would think I could have the patience to color)
My yoga group is talking about starting a coloring group at our library.

Suzette
November 5th, 2015, 12:21 PM
These are great! Thanks for sharing! I have very happy memories of coloring with my daughter when she was younger. I have been reading a lot lately about the calming effect coloring has on adults. Going to give these a try for sure. :)

Vonnie
November 5th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Thanks Pat!

Why do some of them look like quilting designs! LOL I'm seeing quilting designs everywhere I look these days.

bubba
November 5th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I got some books this summer for when we are at the lake. I also bought the Crayola retractable pencils/crayons. They are great! From these designs, I really liked the owl.

Iris Girl
November 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Adult coloring books have been a really hot seller at my store. There are so many kinds I have seen quilt block ones also. Then I seen dot to dots for adults too... Just can't take on any more things to do. LOL

bubba
November 5th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Adult coloring books have been a really hot seller at my store. There are so many kinds I have seen quilt block ones also. Then I seen dot to dots for adults too... Just can't take on any more things to do. LOL

I have several of the dot to dot books!!! Some have over 500 numbers! They really are sometimes difficult to get thru.

Leslie333
November 5th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I like coloring! A friend got me an adult coloring book and it's fun! On days I work from home (I'm in IT) if I have to call into a meeting where I'm not a key person, but do have to pay attention I find the coloring allows me to keep from being bored, but unlike reading email, I can still focus on the conversation in the meeting and provided input where I can. If only it was acceptable to take my coloring books to the office! lol

Sharyn J
November 5th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I bought several of the Tula Pink color books and put them away for Christmas. Just need to find some good deal on the colored pencils. It's nice quality paper stock and each page is perforated so you can frame your artwork!

snippet
November 7th, 2015, 03:27 AM
I love to color. I still have a few coloring books that I had when I was a kid.

Not being an artist in any way, I've been trying my hand at Zentangle. It's doodling but with a few rules. It's fun and creates some interesting drawings.

Now that coloring is in vogue again, there are a bunch of coloring apps for my Android phone. I can color anywhere now!

Hulamoon
November 24th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I just got a call from my stepdaughter about Thanksgiving. She is the one that hosts it every year. She told me that there is going to be more than usual this year. People going through a lot of problems and no where to go. If she liked dogs she would have a kennel. lol

I'm going to print these out to keep some people that drink too much busy. That sounds funny, but young people that are depressed drink too much. I think this might help distract some situations.

One Christmas I brought I Spy books. Works like a charm. :)

Kgrammiecaz
November 24th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I bought several of the Tula Pink color books and put them away for Christmas. Just need to find some good deal on the colored pencils. It's nice quality paper stock and each page is perforated so you can frame your artwork!

I just picked up a package at Walmart. I read on youtube from one of the artists that you do not need to spend a lot of money. Check out youtube, there are videos on how to get good color with pencils. Even how to mix the colors. This is so darn relaxing, great to do before bed.

mommadeb
November 25th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I did one like a quilt square.

bubba
November 25th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I did one like a quilt square.

You so need to get that made into fabric!!!!

grannyann
November 25th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Mine print out to big for my paper and cuts some of the page off.

Midge
November 25th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Has anyone seen this fabric line? Some of the prints are outlines that you color yourself. So stinkin' cute for a little boy or girl type prints, and if they are adept enough they could help you color in their design. Massdrop is offering them but here's the Michael Miller fabrics link.

DC6806 princess royal life white COLOR ME hayley crouse color me kids girls coloring markers enchanted castles crowns princess unicorns balloons (http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com/a-royal-life.html)

Hulamoon
November 25th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Mine print out to big for my paper and cuts some of the page off.

That happened to me too. Then I ran out of black ink before I could fix it. :(

mommadeb
November 26th, 2015, 12:16 PM
How would I do that???

You so need to get that made into fabric!!!!

Hulamoon
November 26th, 2015, 02:27 PM
How would I do that???

You can use Spoonflower
Spoonflower: Shop, design custom fabric, wallpaper & gift wrap (http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome?src=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-NqyBRC905irsrLr-LUBEiQAWJFYTmDwdG5etpSlAHZp7UbtChOUb1rLCZteXY3C1ZJ 0rKAaAuBs8P8HAQ)

Wwena
November 26th, 2015, 04:31 PM
I do, thank you!