PDA

View Full Version : Back to surgeon tomorrow.

RFREE
November 5th, 2015, 12:49 AM
So I waited all week for pathology results. I called Thursday ;because I am tired of worrying about it; only to be told the Dr. and his nurse practitioner are both gone for the rest of the week and there is no one here that can read your results to you just come in next week for your follow up appointment. Soooo spend the rest of the week and w/e wondering. No call Monday so I am thinking no news is good news.
My follow up appointment is tomorrow afternoon. The cyst he drained 2 weeks ago came back within 2 days and now is bigger than original. Sooo I am assuming he will schedule surgery to remove it... them... before this big one gets its own heart beat!!! I am just worn down for thinking about this whole mess. I am not a person who ever gets sick and this has really beat me down. I go to bed thinking about it and I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it.
I just want it to end.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Rhonda

GaGa
November 5th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Prayers and good thoughts heading your way! Of course it is on your mind - it can't help but be. It does seem that sometimes physicians aren't very compassionate about their patients and what they go through worrying and the fear of the unknown. I have a son who is a physician and I always remind him to be a caring and considerate human being first! Here's praying you get good news tomorrow!

Jean Sewing Machine
November 5th, 2015, 01:44 AM
You poor thing! All this worry and no professionals to help you find out what's going on! It's shameful! I am keeping you uplifted in prayer as you go through this.

MBCA
November 5th, 2015, 01:50 AM
From my experience, surgeons are the least compassionate of doctors. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Praying you get answers soon and the care you need.

Simply Quilting
November 5th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Praying for you.

pcbatiks
November 5th, 2015, 02:21 AM
Rhonda, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with doctors who don't seem to realize that people worry & they want answers. I'll continue praying for you......for answers, for peace & a great outcome. Hugs to you.

Thought this might bring you some comfort.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/pcbatiks-albums-assorted-pictures-picture22689-have-courage.html

stationarymom
November 5th, 2015, 02:55 AM
Rhonda I feel for you so much,I went through the same worry when my masses were found. I had the biopsy done and had to wait again but not as long as you.If I were you I would let the surgeon know what kind of worry you have experienced not being able to hear from anyone until your appt.You are in my prayers.(((Hugs)))

happygram
November 5th, 2015, 02:55 AM
I'm so so sorry you're dealing with this. It seems as though the professionals who are handling this don't have much empathy for their patients. I hope you find the good news we're all hoping for.

ozziepuppy
November 5th, 2015, 07:57 AM
{{{{Hugs}}}}

Ginny B
November 5th, 2015, 08:50 AM
{{{Hugs}}} to you Rhonda. So sorry you are going through all this. Good luck tomorrow.

Bubby
November 5th, 2015, 08:55 AM
(((HUGS))) Prayers for a good report.

easyquilts
November 5th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way... The waiting has got to be excruciating... The doctor, or his NP should have called you be gore they left.... Thank goodness your follows up isn't that far off...

Having the cyst return...and be larger, to boot, is awful.... I'm so sorry.

Let us know what the doctor says..... Hugs...

songbird857
November 5th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Rhonda - thinking of you today and praying for good news at your follow up :)

YellowCockatiel
November 5th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Saying a prayer for you.

Carol336
November 5th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Rhonda, I really sympathize with you....the waiting and worrying must be horrendous. Will be thinking about you today and praying for good results. {{{{HUGS}}}}

auntiemern
November 5th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Hugs and prayers coming your way. I also believe that no news is good news. My doc once told me, the longer it takes to get results the better it is. If it was anything serious, they would call sooner.

Sandy Navas
November 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
The prayers haven't ceased - on-going for you!!

Dollyquilts
November 5th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Rhonda, the night before my surgery for a hysterectomy to remove a huge tumor on my ovary, I was so scared and upset that my husband called the doctor for some answers. I was sure I had ovarian cancer and another physician had dropped the ball thus reducing my chances for survival. The doctor listed all the positive things about my examination and why it might not be cancer and at least gave me some hope. Fortunately, it was not malignant and I had a very easy surgery.

I went into all this just to show what the mind can do, especially when we just don't have the knowledge to make ourselves feel better. I agree that if the news was bad, you would have heard already.

We're all praying for you and anxiously awaiting an update with your good news.

Over40momma
November 5th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Sending lots of healing thoughts your way Rhonda. When we do not know what is happening, dang right you are going to worry!!! And I don't care if they have M.D. after their name, they are responsible to that patient's peace of mind as well as to the physical body. Deplorable behavior on the part of so-called professionals.

judimccl
November 5th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Prayers being said for you.

MRoy
November 5th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Prayers for a good outcome! (((HUGS)))

jjkaiser
November 5th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Oh those what-ifs can drive you so crazy! And the more determined you are NOT to think about it the more your mind keeps pushing it into the forefront. I too hope you have nothing but good news at your next appt. We are all here for you.

easyquilts
November 5th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Oh those what-ifs can drive you so crazy! And the more determined you are NOT to think about it the more your mind keeps pushing it into the forefront. I too hope you have nothing but good news at your next appt. We are all here for you.

You are so right.... It's awful how your mind just won't let you forget....

RFREE
November 6th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Great News!!! Pathology report shows no sign of malignancy. Thank God! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me. The surgeon said right now he would not recommend removing the cyst. He wants me to come back in 6 months to see what it is doing. In a way I really wanted it out but I am also not to keen on being cut on. It is tolerable more bothersome than painful when it isn't being mashed on or a needle put in it. Although I am still black and blue from 2 weeks ago.I am going to take his advise and wait. I am hoping it will reabsorb. But if it gets to hurting or gets even bigger I will call and we will get it removed.

You all will never know how your messages and kind words and prayers have helped me cope with this. Words cannot express the love I feel for all of your friendships this is truly the best group of friends a person can ever hope for. I love you all and appreciate each and every one of you.
Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
It is sooooo good to be able to breath again!!!

MRoy
November 6th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Oh Rhonda! That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. (((HUGS)))

Sandy Navas
November 6th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Turning cartwheels over your good news. I'll keep those prayers going a while longer though - this time for that cyst to be reabsorbed and to give you some relief from its presence.

Carol336
November 6th, 2015, 11:16 AM
Hip Hip Hooray.....wonderful news. God is good indeed!!!!

JaniceR
November 6th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I was so afraid to read your latest post and so happy that I did!! That is absolutely wonderful news!! I hope it reabsorbs and goes away and stops bothering you completely!!! Thank God for such happy wonderful news!!

pcbatiks
November 6th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Awesome news!!! So happy for you, Rhonda! We are breathing a sigh of relief with you! I sincerely hope you have a peaceful, relaxing day....you have earned it. Hugs to you friend.

Altairss
November 6th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Great news and yes if it begins to bother you call back. A dear friend just got a huge one removed after it did not reabsorb she had some that did. Sadly she is prone to them but she is so happy to have it gone. Will keep you in my thoughts for a full reabsorb.

Navy Wife
November 6th, 2015, 12:11 PM
So glad to hear your news. I know you are relieved and ready to get back to a more normal life. Praying they will shrink and not require surgery.

easyquilts
November 6th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I'm so happy to hear your news... But.... I would insist that the cyst be removed.... The only good cyst/lump is the one that isn't in your body... I don't believe in watching something to see what it does... I've seen thst strategy fail...

I hope you are not offended by my advice...or thst I'm even giving you advice...against your doctor's... I just don't thunk waiting to see what a cyst in your breast will do us wise.. Sorry to be a busybody... I'm just concerned...

You must feel so relieved... I love that feeling.... Nothing like it.

jjkaiser
November 6th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Ah, what delightful news to start my morning! It is a wonderful day in the M* neighborhood today. Smiles all around!

Bouse
November 6th, 2015, 01:07 PM
That is great news. Hopefully it will start to disappear soon.

Jewel
November 6th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Rhonda, My prayers are going out to you, try to stay positive through this difficult time.

Jewel

Ginny B
November 6th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Awesomely wonderful news!

MayinJerset
November 6th, 2015, 04:11 PM
OH SUCH GREAT NEWS!

Dollyquilts
November 6th, 2015, 04:32 PM
That's certainly wonderful news. Now you can really relax and enjoy your weekend.

Lightwriter
November 6th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Prayers that the cyst will silently depart quickly. I know you are glad that progress is being made toward a resolution.

laura44
November 6th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Thank God indeed! I let out a big sign of relief for you.

ozziepuppy
November 7th, 2015, 12:24 AM
Have been checking back and I am so happy to hear that there is NO sign of malignancy! That is awesome! :)

GaGa
November 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Wonderful news! So happy for you!

MBCA
November 7th, 2015, 01:44 AM
So glad there is no malignancy, our prayers were answered. Hope you can relax after this trying period, you deserve it. Will continue to pray that it disappears. God bless you!