PDA

View Full Version : monday, MONDAY!

Blondie
November 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM

It's Monday, it's before 6 a.m., there is a cup of coffee in front of me and the cup says "she who dies with the most fabric WINS". I used to take that seriously until I realized that there are actually tv shows for hoarding. Sigh. What I would like is to own my own fabric store, where I can sit and have people wait on me, helping me with new fabric lines, keeping me supplied with chocolate and coffee while I am browsing. What a silly girl I am ~ isn't that what the internet is for? Only thing missing is the touching of fabric. I am a real touchy-feely kinda girl.

Yesterday was a fun day. Today and this evening will be even more. Hubs has a short day today so we decided to take the Moms out tonite for dinner instead of tomorrow nite. Sis, her hubs, my DD and her BF will be joining us. Everyone was at our house yesterday; good thing we like each other because my house is very small and it doesn't take much to feel comfortably close. hehehe.

Before hubs gets home early, I want to sew a bit. I cleaned enough already the past few days. Don't you like my arbritrary decision? There will ALWAYS be a pile of dust or floor needing to be swept at my house, so I will sew if I want. Christmas is calling.

What's up for this week???
Have a great day and SMILE!

KiltedQuilter
November 7th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Morning!

The weather is horrid here....yuck. Not sure what today holds, right now I am off to feed the baby and also get a cup of tea on the go.

The baby rolled over yesterday.... :icon_surprised: better I had watch out form now on I think! :D

Bubby
November 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM
GOOD MORNING...

IT'S RAINING CATS AND DOGS HERE THIS MORNING. DH IS GETTING READY TO LEAVE FOR WORK AND MOLLY IS VENTURING OUT FROM HER HIDEY HOLE. OUT OF NECESSITY TODAY WILL BE LAUNDRY DAY AND I MUST COOK SOMETHING GOOD FOR DINNER TONIGHT - I GOOFED OFF ALL WEEKEND AND WE DIDN'T EAT WELL AT ALL. THAT'S REALLY A NO-NO FOR ME.

TODAY I'LL START GETTING DH READY FOR HIS HUNTING TRIP - THIS MEANS EXTRA FOOD SHOPPING, BAKING, ORGANIZING. WHENEVER HE GOES HUNTING HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME - HE TAKES SO MUCH STUFF!!! I ALSO NEED TO PLAN WHAT I WILL DO WHILE HE'S GONE. THIS YEAR I'M STAYING HOME WITH MOLLY AND WILL MOST LIKELY SEW...YAY! I MAY TAKE A DAY AND GO VISIT MY SIL WHO IS ALSO A QUILTER.

KIZZIE...KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR LITTLE ONE...ONCE THEY BEGIN ROLLING THEY'RE ON THE MOVE!!! BLONDIE...WISH MOM AND LUSCIOUS HAPPY BIRTHDAYS AND ENJOY YOUR EVENING OUT!!

I'LL CHECK BACK IN LATER ...HAVE TO GET DH OFF TO WORK AND GIVE MOLLY HER SHOT.....HUGS, BARB

MRoy
November 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Good Morning....It's back to work for me today. I work for KY state government and have enough years in to retire. Now it's a matter of knowing when the time is right..and it's looking better all the time. ;)

Barb, what type of hunting does your husband do? My husband used to travel to the other side of the state to deer hunt.

Patrice
November 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Good Morning Monday..My sons wedding was wonderful. everything was perfect. last of the company leaving this morning. Off to work this morning and will have lots of cleaning and resting the rest of the week.

Kizzie
November 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Morning my beautiful ladies.. how are you all today!

I'm not so good, just found out my step dad who is like a father to me (he walked me down the aisle etc) has leukemia (or whoever its spelt) He has been really sick lately very fatigued and hates doctors my mum forced him to go yesterday and they sent him straight to the hospital for more bloodwork, I'm not sure all the details as my mum is in shock so I cant get much information out of her at the moment but it sounds like the doctors are happy they caught it now he is having a blood transfusion tonight (he is in Australia) and also a bone marrow test tomorrow - the docs were asking alot about relatives too so I'm not sure if they are thinking ahead like if he needs a bone marrow transplant or something...

Anyways I would really be greatful for all your prayers I really dont want anything to happen to him we have lost a few relatives to cancer at young ages like 35 etc... he is 54 and a smoker and a drinker which really doesnt help things... my mum and him was just about to go for a house loan too they both come from broken familes and they have been together for the last 12 yrs married just last year...the were going to come over in Dec for christmas and new year then to the UK for family reunion but all that seems like its all going to go away I know im probably mumbling lots but I am still in shock too I just wanted to talk to someone about it.. as I have no idea about leukemia the docs say its in early stages

Blondie - I'm going to use that in future - had enough cleaning the past few days...

Hey KQ how old is your little one - mine has been rolling for the past 2 months and she is a little terror - I didnt think I would have to child proof the house soo early !! all the cables etc are now out of the way but she can get from A to B and uses her head like a mop on the floor pushing herself... weird little fishy!

Bubby your hunting trip sounds fun - I've never been on one - hunting isnt huge in Australia like it is here

MRoy I can see it now - Woman retired due to big fabric pile that needs sewing!

Georgia - Beautiful photo - I bet you were very proud at the wedding I loved mine its only been 1.5yrs for me but still seems like yesterday the day goes sooo fast!!! congrats to your son and his new bride!

Loonwatcher
November 7th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie - have a great dinner.

Barb - My DH goes away hunting every year too. Luckily I don't have to prep anything; they all chip in on food and my DH and one other does most of the cooking. I usually do something to surprise him and to give him 2nd thoughts about leaving me alone very long. One year I painted out bedroom, died my hair, once I hired someone to put the shingles on the garage roof (DH had had survery that year and didn't get to it), and one year I got a tatoo. It's getting to be a challenge coming up with things to do. I thought about painting our spare bedroom (the one I want done so badly so I can make it a guest/sewing room) but he hasn't had the taper come yet. Any suggestions for this year?

Patrice - what a beautiful couple. Wishing them many many years of wedded bliss. And you......relax!!!

Have a great day,

Mrs.Sew&Sew
November 7th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Well today is usually cleaning day for me. But today have to get that hubby of mine ready for work. He is leaving early as we will take a trip in December to attend a wedding of his cousin in Tennessee. He is usually only gone to work a month but he is leaving 4 days early and might stay late. I was going to put together the backing for my son's tee shirt quilt but.....maybe I can squeeze it in between loads of hubby's laundry! I hope everyone has a great week!

Loonwatcher
November 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Kizzie - so sorry to hear about your step dad. I know how precious they are. I lost mine last month at the age of 83. Sounds like they caught it early enough to treat. It must be difficult to be so far away. Stay strong. I'm sending lots of prayers to you and your family. And don't worry about mumbling lots here, that's what we're here for!

Love ya,

KiltedQuilter
November 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Sending best wishes your way!

kziggy
November 7th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Morning everyone. I kind of just jumped on here last week and started posting. I started reading more and more of what you ladies write and realize you girls are all like a little family on here that is so great. :D:D Your all so kind to one another that is so great. Well for me the day holds getting my little one to day care then off to my 8:30 to 5 job. Home to cook a meal then to relax and finish cutting my fabric for my new table runner. Time to start a new project since I finished my first wall hanging. The weather here is blah but winter is on its way thats for sure.

Blondie- I know how you feel I would love a great fabric store around here. We have the big corporations but nothing that is small and homey. Hope your dinner goes well tonight have fun.

Kizzie- I am sorry to hear about what is going on with your Step dad. I know in ways what that feels like and its horrible. I know this is something your going to hear a lot and its hard to do but stay positive. I have a very good friend of mine who is like a second mom to me she is going threw pancreatic cancer and she is a 15 year breast cancer survivor. I saw here just last week and started to cry I have not seen her for a little bit and seeing here now she looks like she has lost 100 or more lbs. It was scary and well she said to me dont you dare cry for me just send positive thoughts and all your love my way thats all I need. I guess in ways I can understand her wanting to be happy and not to be treated as though she is sick and not have everyone around her sad.

Ok I know for today I have to go I will pop back in tonight and read more I love reading what its like in different parts partly because I really have never left the quad cities. So this in many ways is my way of traveling! lol... Enjoy today Girls even though its Monday its the start to a fresh week so make the most of it!:icon_wave::icon_wave::icon_wave:

EsGrandma
November 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Good morning to everybody - Kizzie, my prayers are with you and your family. Patrice - what a beautiful picture of the new Mr and Mrs! We're supposed to get another snow storm late today - don't like the cold, but love to quilt when it is snowing!

Sandy Navas
November 7th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I usually do something to surprise him and to give him 2nd thoughts about leaving me alone very long. One year I painted out bedroom, died my hair, once I hired someone to put the shingles on the garage roof (DH had had survey that year and didn't get to it), and one year I got a tattoo. It's getting to be a challenge coming up with things to do. I thought about painting our spare bedroom (the one I want done so badly so I can make it a guest/sewing room) but he hasn't had the taper come yet. Any suggestions for this year?

Here's what I'd do, Nancy. I would move all his belongings into the proposed guest room/sewing room and then I'd move my sewing machine into the bedroom and stack fabric on his side of the bed. Should be fairly easy to accomplish, and easy to put back once he gets the idea that you need that room finished . . .

Sandy Navas
November 7th, 2011, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=kziggy;66763]Morning everyone. I kind of just jumped on here last week and started posting. I started reading more and more of what you ladies write and realize you girls are all like a little family on here that is so great. :D:D Your all so kind to one another that is so great. [QUOTE]

That's what we love for you to do!! See, you were right on track and that's how we all got to be friends (and family) here.

Sandy Navas
November 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Al was so excited when I got up this morning because I had laryngitis and could only talk with a squeak. I decided to try some super-duper meds before he got the bug spray after me though. Think my voice is back a little. This thing is not getting gone as quick as I'd like. But I do remember hearing that a cold will last for seven days if left untreated but if you take medicine for it you can be good as new in about a week. I think I have two days to go.

Spent yesterday afternoon with my Embroidery Club at the Husqvarna store - they are such a fun group - my other 'family' with no blood ties. I had stopped going to their meetings for a while and now I'm wondering why. They do a show and tell but I usually don't have anything to show since I haven't been using the embroidery machine - but I did share my shirt with the picked out lettering yesterday. It was good to get away and I came home with several ideas for some Christmas gifts.

Al came home feeling extremely confident and relieved that the written exam was over. Results won't be available until sometime in the middle of December though. I hope he's not impossible to live with until then. His oral exam isn't scheduled until March or April next year. Now if he can just restrain himself, do some woodworking and not curse at me with his newly learned Spanish slang words. Or, if he'd only quit talking to himself if he does study.

I have guild meeting tonight but told Al if I feel like I do right now I'll probably skip. So here's hoping I feel better because I really want to go. I am hoping to start cutting out Michelle's cat-themed quilt today since Momma slipped a bug in my ear that Michelle is somewhat 'antsy' to get her new quilt. Hopefully I can get it done before Christmas. I'll cut and lay it out today and see what y'all think.

Kizzie - I posted a note to you on another thread this morning. But, in case you don't see it just know that I'm sending hugs and special prayers to you and your family.

Patrice - aren't you glad the wedding is all over and done with? Now do you have any daughters who need to be married off. At least you are somewhat prepared for what is in store for you. Would that you had been the Mother of the Bride in this one. BTW you have a very HANDSOME son.

Sending everyone warm hugs and special prayers where needed.

oldgurl4
November 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
BUENOS DIAS!!! Seņoritas….

Finally My Friday has Arrived!! YOU BET I’m SMILING Sunshine!! lol

Can’t wait to start sewing again…I took a Break after all those Flowery Blocks.
“My Therapist said….. It’s Safe for Me to go back into the Sewing Room”

~Blondie~ I Luv it too when a PLAN comes together…. Specially if a BUNCH of loved ones are involved. Enjoy every moment of it. Bet you’ll be making plans for the Thanksgiving weekend in two weeks.(yeap 2 Weeks) unbelievable Huh!

Ohhhh…..~Kizzie~ I’m so sorry to hear that!.... Awwww My Dear… Prayers go to You and Mum and Whole Family… Stay Strong and place it in “G” hands.
~Patrice~ Congratz!! BEAUTIFUL PIC…… Got enough hankies?... I thought so. LOL

Morning Gurlz…. ~Bubby and KiltedQuilter~ The weather here is GR8… I’m sending some Sunshine your way!... Awww that’s sweet baby’s first Roll!.

~Mroy~ You Luky You!!!! I’m Desperately counting the Yearssss for Me to Retire…. I feel sorry for DH…hee-heee He’ll have to make an Appointment to see Me….haa-haa..ha

Morning ~Nany & MrsSew&Sew~ Enjoy your day!

~Sandy~ You Have The WARMEST HEART!!!!!!! XOXOXO..... BTW I have a Gr8 Brew for your Throat! "equal part Honey and white Vinager and fianlly 1 Lemon" take two tbl spoons as needed...kep the rest in the fridge. And of course Lot's of salt water GARGleelelele
Feel Better!

Well…Back to work I Go

~You All Have a Blessed Day~

TTYL

Kizzie
November 7th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Thankyou lovely ladies for all your kind thoughts words and prayers...

Its Acute Leukemia AML which is a rapid onset of a strong concentration or something or other... means if they hadnt caught it now he wouldnt be with us in 2 weeks time.

He is on chemotherapy tonight with steroids and the blood transfusion tomorroww will be the bone marrow test they are 90 sure its in his bone marrow so all relatives will nee to be tested too my mum has just settle down for the night though I dont think she will get much sleep its 1.30am there. The docs say the next 3 days are very critical to see if his body accepts or rejects the blood transfusion and chemo.

Thanks so much once again ladies its soo nice to come here for support

Lots of love xxx

HandsOffItsMine
November 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Aloha all,

Kizzie, so sorry to hear about your step-dad. Know that prayers and healing light are being sent to him, mum, you and the family. TG they are working hard on the treatment and lets send all light to having his body accept the transfusions! (((Kizzie)))

Struggling with tension as I'm quilting with new batting and the autotension isn't autotensioning! Will be spending my morning picking threads and messing with the tension!

Sandy, hope your creeping crud heals real soon 'cause it's messing with your social life my dear friend!

Blondie, I'm with you on owning a fabric store. If I had seed money, I would be opening one on Oahu. I've now been to all of them and they are missing "homeyness" and organization lol. Ok my OCD is coming out. Digging through crap is good when your antiquing, all for it, but now when I'm selecting fabric. :P

Off for my second cup and ripping.

Prayers and love, Ruby

Kizzie
November 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Thankyou Ruby so much coming on here has helped to tlak about it so much thanks heaps girls xx

sally
November 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Kizzie...my heart goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and here is a great big hug<<<SQUEEZE>>> Hang in there.
KQ you are right got to watch them now... once they get the hang of rolling over next step crawling.
Patrice...lovly pic. So glad it went well!
Myrna...I am gov't too but need 3 more years to call it a day! Then BAM I am outta here!
Blondie enjoy your day...love the idea of coffee and choc. They go so good together as I drink my coffee black.
Everyone else have a great day...Will check in again later!

Blondie
November 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Hi Ladies
Have a few extra moments thought I would poke my head about.

Warm welcome to KZiggy - just jump in and don't worry about making a splash. We always have room here!

Sandy, sounds as if you are feeling a bit better; I had the larngistis stuff last year; it was painful for those who had to listen to me squeak. Healing prayers continue dear one.

Kizzie, I am sorry to read of the AML. My mom has ACL form which I understand is fairly common with elderly but as I mentioned in an earlier post several weeks back, nothing with Mom is common. Hopefully, with your step dad, he will respond to the treatments and transfusions and chemo if necessary. My arms are around you, sweetheart. It is hard enough for me being the caregiver and I live next to my Mom. It would be terrible to be a world away. You most certainly have my prayers as does your dear step Dad.

I've been busy trying to finish a hand bag this morning that I am improvising on. Why do I feel it necessary to re invent the wheel with each project? Oy, my brain is a wonderous thing. LOL. I put that aside and worked some more on the red and white DP4. Almost ready for the binding there - if I am smart and do nothing tomorrow but stitch I may have it finished up by the end of this week.

We really should start a Christmas Projects thread for ideas and links. Good idea, Blondie, now just remember once you post this to start one. Pay no attention to the barking dogs or ringing phone. Distractions are everywhere. Think, girl, THINK.

Enjoy the afternoon - sun is shining here - sorry for our sisters who are getting all the bad weather today. We got enough last week with 3.5 in one evening. I am singing rain, rain stay away. And don't come back til New Years Day. Or something like that. Never get it when we need it anyway. Just saying . . .

oldgurl4
November 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yes! Blondie from your mouth to MOTHER NATURE's ears...

Continue Singing ~Sunshine~

cause MOTHER NATURE Sureeeeee Really Liked Your Dancing Last Time....LOL...LOL

BTW~ Your Idea sounds GR8!!!

You Start The THREAD!!

The Rest will Follow.

Monique
November 7th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Good Morning Monday..My sons wedding was wonderful. everything was perfect. last of the company leaving this morning. Off to work this morning and will have lots of cleaning and resting the rest of the week.

Wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing.

Monique
November 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Monday indeed. I went for all my pre-op tests today. Surgery is Nov 14. Getting a nose job, it is an inside job!! AHAHAHAHA!!Deviated septum.

Got a parcel in the mail today, and I was so exited I thought it was the floral blocks coming in. It was my order from MSQC. HAHAHAHA!! 2 charms pack of Baby Talk, 5" hexagon and 10" hexagon templates. Jeepers gotta quit buying. Gotta use what I already have. Is this a joke or what.

It was a beautiful day, hung laundry on the line. The next couple of days are going to be gorgeous.

That's about all for today.

Hugs and prayers to all who need them.

quilter.martha
November 7th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Here it is after 4:00 and I'm finally getting on to say "good Morning" :). My monday mornings are too hectic, so now it's "good afternoon"! The sun is already setting here--the part I like the least about autumn.

Kizzie, I'll be praying for your step-dad. What is his name? I like to use names in my prayers whenever I can, although our good Lord knows who I mean. It helps me connect better with the person I'm praying for, thats all.

This was a good weekend. We finally bought some parts for my treadle singer machine I got back earlier this summer and my DH worked on it, oiled it and got it up and running. He even figured out how to wind the bobbin for me! So I sat down to that little machine and had a great time sewing together half square triangles. The seams are incredibly straight and even. I'm very impressed with that 100 year old machine! What a joy!

rebeccas-sewing
November 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
How amazing to be sewing on a 100 year old machine, Martha! They don't make them like they used to. I'd be very surpised if the machines we're using today last that long. It would be nice to live long enough to find out. We'll see! LOL
Here it is after 4:00 and I'm finally getting on to say "good Morning" :). My monday mornings are too hectic, so now it's "good afternoon"! The sun is already setting here--the part I like the least about autumn.

Kizzie, I'll be praying for your step-dad. What is his name? I like to use names in my prayers whenever I can, although our good Lord knows who I mean. It helps me connect better with the person I'm praying for, thats all.

This was a good weekend. We finally bought some parts for my treadle singer machine I got back earlier this summer and my DH worked on it, oiled it and got it up and running. He even figured out how to wind the bobbin for me! So I sat down to that little machine and had a great time sewing together half square triangles. The seams are incredibly straight and even. I'm very impressed with that 100 year old machine! What a joy!

rebeccas-sewing
November 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Kizzie,

My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family. Keep us posted. Stay strong, dear.

Rebecca

rebeccas-sewing
November 7th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Patrice,
The wedding photo is much appreciated. Darling couple. Congrats!!!
Rebecca

quiltingtrish
November 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Prayers coming for your stepdad Kizzie. I'm sorry to hear his news and can understand your worry and with being so far away.

Beautiful photo of your son and his new bride Patrice. Best wishes coming for them.

KATIE IS HOME! She'll start back up at school here in a few days. It seems that once you enroll the student in, the teachers have to be notified they are coming and it could be a few days. She has gone to this district for 11 1/2 years before she started in another district. So it's not like they don't know her or what courses she should be in. Anyways, in the meantime, she will be helping DH with some landscaping jobs with my brother-in-law to keep her busy and not at home all day to sit on the laptop.
She's already gotten in touch with one of the bad influences she hung around with before she wanted to leave here. That talk has been given on how we feel about that person. Anyways, she understands and I've already gotten a few hugs.

Well, off for now. Have some laundry to work on and am tired tonight.

Hugs,

oldgurl4
November 7th, 2011, 11:14 PM
TRISH!! That is the BEST NEWS I Heard Today....

So Happy for You..... Lord have Mercy!!

Give it time....Things will fall in Place.

The way the Good Lord made them to be.

~More Hugs Your Way~